Wednesday, December 14, 2011

tales of a reluctant hostess, WWTKW



Photobucket







it's we want to know Wednesday with Queso and Crazymama

Here are the questions for WWTK...from the ever so lovely Queso:


She's in full on party mode over there, and so it's the topic of the week.

1. Are you a party person? Or do you prefer an intimate gathering with just a few friends?
2. Would you rather be a guest at a party or the hostess with the mostess?
3. What is your favorite party food or drink? (I'd love to see the recipe!)
4. What is the best party you've ever been to?
5. What is your favorite party game?



1. Are you a party person? Or do you prefer an intimate gathering with just a few friends?

I'm a party girl. i can work a crowd and an intimate gathering .

either way, with me, it's always a good time.


2. Would you rather be a guest at a party or the hostess with the mostess?

I admit i'm a reluctant hostess BUT if i do hostess it's full hilt. good times for all.

always too much food, the beverages flow , with desserts aplenty. i don't know how to do intimate gatherings, it's always for 12 or more and more along the lines of 40+.it doesn't matter how many people are coming, i stress like a nut job before about getting the house ready and whatnot.

my hubs thinks it would be ideal if i had a party every other week here, so the house would stay clean. I of course would be a nut. but 3 parties in a month here this holiday season is enough for me, I hope he doesn't decide we need a new years eve party this year.


3. What is your favorite party food or drink? (I'd love to see the recipe!)

depends on the party.

but basic party punch? it's essentially a shirley temple for 40.

grab your punch bowl, a bunch of two liters of sprite or 7up and grenadine(you can find it in the liquor section) poured in for color and taste. and whahlah! add cherries or syrupy strawberries if you want., and i always insist on pellet ice.

party food? i love bbq meatballs. delicious.

oh and dill dip with veggies. here's the real recipe.

Vegetable Dill Dip -
2/3 cup mayonnaise
1 c. sour cream
1 Tbsp. dill weed
2 tsp. seasoned salt
1 Tbsp. onion flakes
1 Tbsp. dried parsley

4. What is the best party you've ever been to?

that cookie party last week was AMAZING!

let me tell you. full spread with ham, cheesy potatoes and rolls and loads of other stuff. then exchanging cookies, taking home 14 dozen cookies in a decorated red bakery box. AND a take home gift of a super cute santa cookie jar. seriously rad party. plus i got to see my awesome friends.



5. What is your favorite party game?

i play bunko, that's a party game right? i mean it's a party whenever i'm there. ;)

i like white elephant at Christmas parties when everyone fights over my gift that i brought, or when i get the coveted gift. sometimes i wanna take my own gift home.

also the dice game Farkle is a good time.

All posts for We Want to Know should include:
1. The darling *new* WWTK button
2. A link to your co hosts Mamarazzi, Queso and Crazymama
Links must lead to WWTK posts that contain the WWTK button. Posts should lead to Family Friendly blogs. Blogs containing explicit language and/or sexually explicit content should contain an "adult content warning", or risk being removed from the link list. Kthanks!











post signature

© 2011 crazymamaof6

4 comments:

VandyJ said...

I have a friend who is giving my oldest Pirate Farkle for Christmas. I'm looking forward to playing.
That cookie party does sound rad!

Jill said...

I'm so glad I have a wedding to go to this New Year's Eve so I don't have to worry about throwing a party!!

That dill dip sounds delish!!

Unknown said...

Happy Wednesday! I keep forgetting to tell you how much I love your haircut!

The Lovely One said...

I have a white elephant gift exchange tomorrow at work, and I always try to make sure to give the gift that everyone wants to steal! This year I'm giving a cake pop pan and a cake pop cook book. I may try to keep it for myself!

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............