Wednesday, March 7, 2012

I believe in celebrating for a week straight!

Welcome to we want to know wednesday hosted by mamarazzi and yours truly, Crazymama!


Last weekend the baby turned one and it's killing me.


when i'm not wallowing in a "my baby is growing up too fast funk", I'm wondering how other people like to celebrate birthdays.


so snag the questions, answer them and link up. I'll be around later to see how you celebrate.


the Questions...


{1} what is your favorite way to celebrate birthdays?


{2} which is more fun to celebrate? Celebrating yours or your loved ones?


{3} what is your dessert of choice for birthday celebrating?


{4} tell us about your best birthday you've ever had.


{5} Share your favorite birthday song


{6} bonus question: if you could pick any age to be again, how old would you be and why?


and here are my answers...


{1} what is your favorite way to celebrate birthdays?


for a week straight if it's mine. with the family, with the hubs, with my sisters, with friends, with more friends and another night out with the hubs.


otherwise for the kids, they get a special day, if it's a school day i let them stay home and we go do fun things like go out to lunch, see a movie or go get pedicures together.


then we have dinner with the family either at home and they get to pick the menu or we go out to our favorite mexican food place and they sing, we get to wear a sombrero and have sopapillas.


the kids think i have to have my birthday dinner there too.


i admit i'm not a big party thrower. it's expensive, and really just celebbrating with the family, the grandmas and my little brother, it's 12 people. not a small crowd.


i'd rather spend more on gifts myself than try to do it up to impress other people.


{2} which is more fun to celebrate? Celebrating yours or your loved ones?


i like the planning of fun surprises for the kids, shopping and doing something special.


adult birthdays are kind of a let down.


{3} what is your dessert of choice for birthday celebrating?


cake...


i like white cake with buttercream frosting, so it's what i buy for the herd.


Texas sheet cake has always been my fave cake. but it's a homemade from scratch delight and sometimes i would rather not have the mess.


the hubs loves angel food cake with strawberries and homemade whipped cream.


{4} tell us about your best birthday you've ever had.


when i was 15 i had a surprise party with my family. they all gave me cash, disguised as something else, a can of soup with a 20 taped on it, a framed 50, a 10 in a box of rocks, a can of tennis balls with more cash.


then we all headed to the mall to shop for my birthday! it was pretty rad. except it was on memorial day and we only had 15 minutes to shop, not realizing the mall was closing early for the holiday. still best birthday ever. i had about $150 to shop with.


I bought 2 whole outfits. one was a sleeveless romper from Express and one was light blue striped shorts, a white sleeveless linen shirt and a white hat from the Gap.


i was hot back then and felt fabulous in my new outfits. i wore them to the last few days of 9th grade.


{5} Share your favorite birthday song?


Happy Birthday by Altered Images.


{6} bonus question: if you could pick any age to be again, how old would you be and why?


17.


i was beautiful and didn't know it. my only responsibilities were going to school and minor chores.


my purpose in life was to have fun.

it was delightful.


If i could go back knowing what i know now, i'd do it in a heartbeat.


if i had to do it all exactly the same though, clueless again, i'd stay almost 35. knowledge is better than looks. perspective is better than no responsibility.


ok, so link up! and thanks for stopping by!

null









Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

7 comments:

Jo said...

I agree, adult birthdays tend to be a let down ... that is why I make a big deal over my kids ... to make up for when they will be adults one day.

VandyJ said...

We do adult birthdays almost like we do the kids birthdays. I like the both.
Sounds like your 15th birthday was pretty cool!

Anonymous said...

I never thought to have strawberry shortcake for a birthday cake! Best idea ever! I'll just eat the strawberries and whip cream mostly though.. Haha

I want a whole week for my birthday!

Loved reading your answers!

Anonymous said...

How lame...didn't even know you had a linky thing here! UGH!

Anyway, agree with you on the 17 thing, I look at my senior picture and feel dumb for not knowing then.

That's a great way to get presents!

Jolene said...

Adult birthdays are not as much fun, I totally agree!

Jodie said...

Texas sheet cake= amazing!!

Oh to be 17 again... I know I didn't have acne then and it was great! I thought when I turned 26 I wouldn't have it anymore!! :P

Cute cute kids!!! Following you now!! :)

Myya said...

Celebrating anything with kids makes it fun, they get so excited about everything.

Your 15th Birthday, that is super cool!!!

Loved what you said about 17. Being beautiful & not knowing it. Isn't that the truth!

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............