Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I Love Technology - WWTKW



null

I was inspired by Fullfilled Mommy's Question a few weeks back, so this week is Technology themed, we are staying away from anything super girly, because Big Daddy is answering the questions for Mamarazzi while she does her thing at the high school musical. But if you know me you know I LOVE my smart phone and most tech gadgets so this was right up my alley.


Fulfilled Mommy asked sort of a tech question which inspired Crazymama's questions....

how many phones do you have in your household? (cell, smart, land lines)

are you brand loyal? (Apple or Android or something else?)

would you rather talk on the phone, text or email?

what do you think of Video chat? what do you use? (skype, facetime? google talk?)

Fulfilled Mommy @ wants to know:
What is your favorite gadget? (Tablet, cell phone, etc.)

If you had to pick just one technological gadget, (computer, cell phone, smart phone, tablet)
and it was the only one you could use for a year, which would you pick? explain why.




So here we go.....My answers to my own questions, and one great question which started it all. WHOOHOO!

how many phones do you have in your household? (cell, smart, land lines)

4 smart phones. me, the hubs, and the first two kids.

are you brand loyal? (Apple or Android or something else?)

we are all android here. We have the 4 phones and 2 Motorola Xoom tablets that are android.

would you rather talk on the phone, text or email?

Depends on who it is, but i'm mostly a phone talker.

I hate text conversations that go on and on, if we have that much to say, let's just get it done over the phone. unless i'm in a place i can't talk and then it's ok. but if we are both sitting at home, or in the car, let's just chat in real life.

I'm the same with instant messaging, and email. email is good for lots of information that i might want to refer back to later.

what do you think of Video chat? what do you use? (skype, facetime? google talk?)

I'm not a fan of video chat. all i can do is look at myself in the corner trying to avoid having a double chin. it's hideous. and if the baby video chats with the hubs while he's out of town , he'll cry for an hour realizing the hubs isn't around.

Fulfilled Mommy @ wants to know:
What is your favorite gadget? (Tablet, cell phone, etc.)

I love my smart phone.

I can't leave home without it and when it's starting to die, if i don't have a charger around I might start to panic.

It has changed my whole world. every fantasy of being able to use the computer while in the car or comparison shop while in a store has been fulfilled. Arguments are solved by google and we don't have to wait to get home to do it.

It's life changing. and my patience level has increased because I can sit quietly for hours anywhere, entertained. (as long as I have a charged battery)

and it's essentially replaced my camera. i always have it handy, i can catch every cute thing the kids do, places we go and fun we have. what's not to love?


If you had to pick just one technological gadget, (computer, cell phone, smart phone, tablet)
and it was the only one you could use for a year, which would you pick? explain why.

I'd pick my smart phone. I have a tablet and a desktop computer. and I still choose to do almost everything from my phone. Blog, facebook, bank, pinterest, netflix, what is not to love? IT'S ALL FROM THE PALM OF MY HAND. HEAVEN! plus, text and phone calls and email. seriously pure delight!

if i had to pick one and only use it for a year it would definitely be my smart phone. because it's portable and does so much.

now i feel like Kip from Napoleon Dynamite singing this song.....















post signature

© 2012 crazymamaof6

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

My mom and I will text for a good 15 minutes then one of us will break down and just call!

VandyJ said...

Texting has it's conveniences, but a phone call is sometimes easier, especially if you have a lot to say.

CassiB said...

I agree smart phone is my fave. Love Kip!

Anonymous said...

I love my smart phone, I just wish the battery life was a little longer. Lately I have gotten into the habit of carrying a spare charger in my purse!

Great answers!

Christine said...

Smart phones are AMAZING!

I have to have a car charger - that way I can always charge my phone on the drive to somewhere! I would not be able to handle a dead phone!

Unknown said...

Ooh, I can't text- I write in full sentences and wind people up so they just ring me! I do love my phone though, couldn't live without it even though it's a right pain!

Anonymous said...

LOVE texting!! And, I wonder if you get panicky like I do when I'm down to one cigarette!!lol

Jolene said...

You have some good points to why have a smart phone, I just don't want to pay the cost. LOL

Jolene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Myya said...

We are Android too. I love it so much & am so used to it I have to admit I am a little scared to get an iPhone. LOL. I'll probably end up with another Android, go with what you know right. LOL.

Awwwee that is sad about the little one crying thinking Daddy is somewhere in that computer but just not wanting to come out. :(

I am with you on the smart phone. Life is just SO MUCH BETTER because of it! I do the google search ALL THE TIME too. I even went as far as to go on Amazon & buy an extra battery for my phone so that I would never be without a charged one. Smartest thing ever!

Thanks for the great questions this week! :)

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............