Tuesday, August 12, 2008

yahoohoo!

super fun second day of school!]

2 days with kids on time. today they even got to go on the playground which frankly never happens for them.

i hopped out of bed at 6:48. that is UNHEARD OF!

and yet happily i was up and sent them on their way.

first day fun?

hmm everyone was thrilled with the exception of Joy who believed the 1st day to be boring. while doing her hair this morning i discovered that is was most likely due to lack of free play time.
it's always an adjustment moving on to mostly learning in desks. BUT she was THRILLED to have her OWN PENCIL BOX AT HER DESK! she went on and on about it.

everyone else was feeling great about already having friends there. and about new people there too.

YAY for school!

i stayed home. no lunch date after all. But i did do 2 loads of dishes, and 4 loads of Laundry. yay me!
and the little kids where thrilled to have hours to play on the computer. Hope and Pierce were both enthralled with STARFALL.COM. there was hours of fun to be had there. and it's more educational than noggin.com. or Nick jr. and there was less whining and "i can't do it!" or "i need Help! I want a dora game." or way less annoying than hearing OOBIE! which has to be the STUPIDEST SHOW EVER! the Oobie games on Noggin are equally RETARDED!

today's fun? Dr. appointments for the kids (Hope and Pierce's) birthday well checks. i scheduled them today so i wouldn't have to take spare kids along. Pierce is getting a load of shots. that should be delightful.
I'm a little behind, somehow the 15 month and 18 month check ups got forgotten or more likely ignored. by the 6th kid, I'm lucky if we ever take the kid in. his is only 10 days late anyway.

Oh and i get to swing by the school and run in Paxton's lunch since he forgot it . rad!

i'd make Lance go but he has non stop conference calls today.

super fun. have a rad Tuesday


EDIT: we are back from the DR. Hope had 3 shots. and Pierce got 2. we got happy meals on the way home. and Pierce cried for the shot but was out of there, happily on his way like nothing happened. Hope on the other hand keeps telling me her leg hurts. and since she went first, she cried for Pierce's just because she felt bad for him(she was watching) . sad.

i'm gonna load them up with Motrin and hope they nap. i need to mop still. naptime was thwarted by lettign tehm sleep in too long yesterday. So since they got up before nine today they should nap at some point. here's hoping.

and i'm roughly 100 pages in to Battlefield Earth. it's getting good. but we'll see how much i get to read. everytime i try either people are talking to me, OR wanting to be held.


post signature

22 comments:

Wendy Phelps said...

Yay for school! I loved the bags you made. So much better than a Hannah Montana or other generic backpack. Have fun at the dr!

KATE said...

Okay, you're making the schedule thing sound more appealing! Yay! Getting more and more excited!

Laura said...

Yesterday I was feeling sad about kids going to school. Today it can't happen soon enough. I have really had a day.

I hate oobie too. In fact I am pretty particular. I only like Arthur, Little bear, and I will let them watch a few Nick Jr. shows. Some of those shows that come on are amazingly weird and annoying. Boo bah or something is down right strange.

kay said...

glad it all went well. i can agree with joy about the pencil box. i have one and i don't even go to school!! :)

and thanks for the heads up about starfall. have never seen that one. will be using it for sure!!

AutoSysGene said...

You are so completely RAD and on top of things this year!! I hope I can be half as organized as you are when school starts here.

onehm said...

DELIGHTFUL!!!
So are we hitting Barros tomorrow??
;)

Micah and Jen said...

Yay for a great 1st day of school! I too worry about Cam not liking school now that he's in 1st grade and won't have all the fun time he got in kindergarten....we'll see how it goes! :) great job on getting so much done....you are one super mamma!!!

Ruth Anne said...

love the starfall. Thanks for the idea.

Vidal's Nest said...

I think the transition from kindergarten to first grade is hard Give joy a big hug for us and tell her it gets funner!
Are you giving in to peer pressure to not be "one of those moms"? Wow two days on time..You're making me look bad Ü
Not feelin the battle field earth book. I did give in and read the twilight series! Loved the first. Second and third ok. loved the last!

Vidal's Nest said...

Oh~ I don't know how to get your email address off this thing so Sherry and I are going to get together at Mcdonalds in Mesa next week. You up for a play date? Email me since you know how to work the stupid thing!

sandi said...

I have to say, you hold it all together pretty darned well for a busy lady with 6 kids. Shew! I'm exhausted every time I read your blog. Need a nap now! :o)

michelle said...

It sounds like school is off to a good start!!! I need to be getting things done around here. I read your post, and think I will mop now! :) Thanks for the motivation! :)

Claremont First Ward said...

I'm so jealous. We still have LIKE 3 weeks before the kids go back.

tammy said...

Yay for day two!

Poor babies! I hate when they get shots.

Katie said...

We love starfall.com! i've been dragging the past few days. Sounds like you got more done than me today.

Susan said...

I'm glad to hear school is going well and that you are being so darn productive...wow!

I have to disagee on one point. The worst and weirdest kid show out there is "Yo Gabba Gabba" That one full on gives me the creeeps! Bleh!

Shannon said...

Yay! Glad everyone is doing well. I hear you on the doctor. My kids are all behind and I only have 4.

Jamie said...

So wish I could get away with missing a few well checks. Dang state makes sure we don't miss a beat. I hate it when they try and load my kids up with shots. Spread em out man, If they have not died from the mumps or measles yet they are not going to! If they miss one I gaurentee there will be no mass disease any time soon! Yeah for getting so much done!!

Webb Family said...

I'm happy to hear your kiddos had a great first day!
Hey thanks for the tip on starfall my kiddos loved it!
Watch for a post all about it.

crystal said...

I do Oobie impressions for my own entertainment on long road trips to keep myself awake when driving.

Don't knock it.

Mamarazzi said...

i am TOTALLY with Joy...i got my own pencil box after seeing Jordan's loot and i am all twitterpated with excitment...now i wanna color something.

i am dying to know how many orders for backpacks you have gotten...surely they are the talk of the school!!

Leslie said...

I just took my two boys to get shots yesterday. Both have missed checkups and had alot of shots as well..Jacob got 4 and Luke got I swear like 5 and they dug in his elbow to dry to draw blood. They are definetly no fun!!

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............