Wednesday, April 4, 2007

well it's over, at least for now

I'm back from my appointment at the endocrinologist. It was just an ultrasound. Not a a whole consultation visit where I feel like it was a good use of time. So she did the ultrasound, it looked pretty good, nothing on the left side. The right side looked fine too but I had to make her go up farther on the neck to get to the weird nodule I had last time and had biopsied in December. She found it but it did not look blatantly cancerous. There was not a lot of vascularity. meaning blood flow through it. so I guess it was fine. She is going to order more tests, like a PET scan and of course my whole body scan this summer. I feel like if something is weird there still and it was suspicious upon biopsy it still isn't great news. so until I have a negative biopsy, I'm considering it not good. Maybe I should just assume it's better than I think it is. but then again I refuse to be ignorant about it. I need to do some more research and wait for more tests. I guess I'll know more next week when I can ask all my questions and get them answered. She said she could send me to MD Anderson too if that becomes necessary. so yeah I don't consider it great news. I consider it just another test that didn't tell me much. And of course another test leading to more tests. but she still wants me to see the surgeon on the 18th, for his opinion. Rad. If it really was good news I wouldn't still have to see the surgeon. Not bad, not good, but over for now.

4 comments:

blah, blah by lindsey said...

Can't they just remove it and then test it? Or do you not want that. Do you like this doctor better than the other one? I hope this dr works out for you.

onehm said...

Sounds like it could be mildly positive? I hope that your next visit is better! More good luck your way...

Crazymamaof6 said...

I am not dying to have surgery. so I'll take more testing but I hate waiting. patience is not my strong suit, and the wishy-washy-ness kills me.

ZB said...

I say pretend that it's gone! You know, like just think it gone. Can you do that? I don't blame you with the waiting stuff. You mind can be such a powerful too--for good and bad. Waiting just lets the mind run wild and think of all the crazy things that could come about.

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............