Tuesday, September 11, 2007

endo update .

ok well there was something there but she didn't say it like it was a big deal, she is hoping it is a reactive lymph node due to a cold or something else. well i have had a cold so we'll go with it. the course for future action IS another ultrasound in January. then follow up appointment, and then, a thyrogen induced whole body thyroid scan. what this means is? it is prolonged another six months.
if anything shows up on ultrasound and the scan she is referring to MD Anderson for a second opinion and surgery consult. since my ENT here wasn't comfortable assuming the risk of the surgery at this point. and so far there is no major reason to go in ,YET!

good news - nothing super scary-something IS there but it may be nothing but a reactive lymph node.
bad news - i have to do it all again in January-ultrasound. and February-scan. it isn't over yet.


oh and i asked her what she thought about me getting prego anytime soon and she looked at me like i was a bloomin' IDIOT,(which i just might be, but not her choice,) and said, " you have six kids! you want another one? " which i responded with, " well, if i am having another one ever i don't want to have them too far apart. over 4 years and i am not going back! " she, I'm sure, thinks i am a fool and all i have to think is ...1. you aren't having them, 2. you aren't raising them, and "dude, I am MORMON, we have big families". well I do anyway! and yes i admit i am not done. if you questioned if i was, the answer is no! you can be shocked all you want but read my points 1 and 2. and repeat after me 5 times fast ..."well, better you than me". and then you can get over it! oh and the dr. said i had to wait until the scan came back clean and them wait for the radioactive iodine to clear for a while. and if i have surgery i have to wait for that good time and them radioactive iodine again. and then let it clear and on and on. we'll just

have to wait and see.

6 comments:

Libby said...

Well, I guess the bottom line is to not worry huh? I know it's hard to do. I'm always ok for the 1st few months after my visit but then get all bent out of shape as my visit gets closer. But, for now just enjoy the upcoming holiday season. Woo Hoo-I think I'm going to get my fall stuff up this week even though it's so stinking hot.

tammy said...

I knew you wanted another one, but only just one??? I wish you could get over this and be free and clear for good. We'll just hope for that day to come soon.

Jen said...

I am sending positive thoughts your way, it is just from your cold! And I knew you wanted at least one more, but I am sure it will be like 4 more or something :)!

Brandi said...

I'm sure everything is fine if they weren't alarmed about anything. As far as more kids goes- that is only your decision to make girl.. I hate when people judge from the outside when they aren't even involved. Have as many as you want- more power to ya!! :0)

blah, blah by lindsey said...

please just one?! i am sure it is just from your cold or allergies. at least you have a break for 6 months.

Supercool Mom said...

Big gaps are great! You'll have a bunch of baby sitters, people to cook and clean while you feel like crap, people to change diapers and run to the grocery store for you...it could be good. Glad everything is looking good.

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............