Tuesday, September 11, 2007

ToP tEn TuESdAy! 500th post ! celebration!

FOR the SUPER exciting occasion of my 500th post! yes 500! i will do my top ten things i love about blogging!

10. the excellent entertainment value! hours of fun!

9. the cost is totally in my budget! you can't get better than free right?

8. the rockin' computer skills i have so quickly acquired! yes, i admit i had no idea how to 'save as' a picture before blogging. and was lacking the skills of downloading anything, much less changing the code for my template! and embedding videos? seriously gotta love that! all new skills i didn't have before blogging!

7. the validation and camaraderie i get from my blog friends is phenomenal! again i love to hear that other people struggle day to day with normal crap! it makes me feel like i am not a failure. i like to read about other peoples good stuff too .

6. the inspiration! it is all around on the blogs! cleaning! exercising! dieting! crafting! organizing! decorating! i need that kind of inspiration! and i welcome it!

5. i truly enjoy it, as a great form of time wasting, procrastinating fabulousness!

4. Have i mentioned my friends? the new blog friends? the old one that have found me from blog hopping! the ward people that know the real me now! the strangers in different states that think i am fun! the high school people i didn't know well, but have come to think as fabulous friends! bunko girls. and the friends of friends, that see my comments and think "i need to check her out! " gotta love all the friends!

3. Lance is impressed with my mad skills, and is apparently proud that i am not totally computer-tarded. aka i can change the code on the template and he crapped it up. yay me!

2. I love blogging because i actually write down my kids cute sayings, and i take pictures of the funny things they do instead of getting mad. i never took pictures! and now i can't leave the house without my camera, because i might see something i need to blog!

and the number one thing I love about blogging? is...

1. all of it ! the time wasting, avoiding chores and bedtime, the delight at reading about people i know and people i don't, it is the glimpse of their lives that they share, and the comments back with what they think about what i share. it is the interactions and conversations we have. the friends, the increased self concept, you guys make me feel great , so i must be great! dang i am freaking great! yeah , you make a difference in my life. plus it is the place to vent and to journal the good stuff and the bad. and lets not forget the pictures! and the kids feel like a star when i have blogged about them! and it is a great place to say happy birthday and congratulations!

Happy 500th post and congrats to all of us that have witnessed it and come back for more! yay!

19 comments:

Webb Family said...

WOW!!!! I think we started our blogs around the same time. 500 posts you are amazing! I love your top ten!

Anonymous said...

this is soo funny, lol. i liked reading your blog. very cool, lol.

Micah and Jen said...

Wow! Happy 500th! That is amazing...well, maybe not too amazing since you are the most ambitous blogger I know! :) I love your top ten....all great things and diddo on them all. I had no idea I could learn all this crazy computer stuff and enjoy it all so much. Love that I have gotten to know you--you are awesome and thanks for being my friend!

Supercool Mom said...

Very impressive...also some very good points. So far I'm lovin' it too.

Andrea said...

500 already? WOW! Congratulations! Love reading your blog!

I was raised in a barn said...

love it!

Lisa said...

500!! That's...well CRAZY!! I agree with your top 10. Blogging is a great outlet!

kay said...

congrats on your 500!! awesome! i love to read your blog so i'm happy that you are so happy about me being happy about reading your happy blog!!

:)

onehm said...

Wonderful! Love that you have had 500 posts...I think I am getting close to that, I'll have to check!
Love your top ten!!

blah, blah by lindsey said...

500 posts!! Wow! Congratulations!! Love your top 10!

tammy said...

Yay for your 500th!

Katie said...

500th?! wow! That's awesome! congrats! I think I have 52.

Brandi said...

I'm glad you like blogging so much, because I loVe reading your blog probably just as much. On days when I can't read all your posts, I feel like I'm going through detox. You are so fun to read!! :0) Keep it up..

Queen Creek Chaffee's said...

500 posts way to go. I always laugh when ever i read your blog. It is definatly one of the most enjoyable blogs around. Heres to another 500.

Unknown said...

500 HUH!? You are Awesome! LoVe the top ten...YOU jUlEs...are truly inspiring...

Crazymamaof6 said...

yay! loving the 500! actually this was technically 501 but it snuck up on me and i had to do it anyway! whoohoo!

Joni said...

I'm with you! I love the whole list of bloggin' reasons! Congrats on your 500 pstings!

Libby said...

Happy 500th! You are so great and I love your posts!

janna said...

Love your blog too!

I dido all of it!

& LOL about computer-tarded

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............