Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Halloween is in the air! planning! whoohoo!

Halloween plans!

I have halloween costumes for 2 kids and ideas for the rest! whoohoo!

Hope is going to be Bo Peep! (this isn't Hope, just the costume, and it is cuter on Hope than this kid) and Pierce will be her sheep. i found a fantastic Tom Arma sheep costume for him. but I am having a hard time spending the $50 bucks for it. does anyone happen to have a sheep costume from years past? i could sew one but i don't have my own machine and have yet to finagle the services of hotmama or my mother. so maybe it is worth the money. i am thinking so. we'll see what Lance says. He thought it was cute but dressing 6 kids up isn't the cheapest holiday.

I bought Paxton a viking one and seriously it is so cute! the helmet especially! it has fur trim, he is think of being some Lord of the rings character, so we are thinking an ORC or troll, with the basic parts of this viking one and then adding stuff to make it more Lord of the Rings obvious. he wore it all after noon yesterday!

I have Liberty talked into being Arwen, and Peyton wants to be an Elf hunter or a hobbit! and i found a site i can get lord of the ring costumes on. whoohoo no sewing those! yay!

Joy might be gollum. i saw a mask and she likes to say 'my precious' in his voice. can you imagine my cute little 5 year old dressing up as that ugliness for Halloween! it would scare the crap out of the other kindergarten kiddies!!can you imagine this cutie ? being this ugly?


So our theme is going to be classic book characters. a classic like Lord of the Rings and a mother goose rhyme. i tried to get joy and Paxton to be Jack and Jill but is was a no go! and then i was gonna be mother goose! maybe Lance will be Gandolf! to go with the theme!

what are you planning on?

Do you dress up?

do you let everyone do their own thing?

or do you do a theme?

do you sew 'em or buy 'em?

can't wait to hear about your Halloween costume ideas!

17 comments:

blah, blah by lindsey said...

love the lord of the rings theme, i am sure they all look fabulous!

tammy said...

Fun!! My 5 year old likes to have scary ones too. This year though he's going to be Captain Jack. I'm trying to talk T into being Davey Jones, and I could be Elizabeth. Yeah, I can imagine that gets pretty expensive for you to dress them all. I usually dress up to take my kids trick or treating or to pass out treats. Usually a witch. But I may have to do something funny for bunko. Last year my MIL dressed up too and went trick or treating with us. And she sat on our porch and scared nonsuspecting kids

Katie said...

I liked it better when my kids weren't old enough to have a say. So now the older 2 pick what they want. Taylor changed her mind like 7 times last year and I thought I was going to beat her! It was aweful. Ellie is going to be Cinderella (the costume in my last post) and Peyton is going to be an Indian since we have that costume in his size that Preston wore when he was 2. A couple years ago I did Wizard of Oz them and it was soooo cute. Taylor was Dorothy, Preston was the Tin Man and Ellie was Glenda the Good Witch! I Loved that year!

Katie said...

Oh, and Chris isn't into dressing up so we end up wearing camo most of the time.

kay said...

oh my gosh we love halloween around here. my little guy has been talking about it for months.

last year he was a spider
it was super easy. black long sleeve shirt (or turtleneck) black pants, black hat (i had a toboggan) then i took black pantyhose stuffed them and attached them to the shirt. to make legs. then i took fishing wire and ran it thru all of the arms so they all moved together.

it was easy and you could have the itsy bitsy spider!!

i'll post a pix on my blog

Micah and Jen said...

We're doing the whole TMNT theme! yep....we have all 4 boys (yes that includes my hubby) dressing up like the turtles and I get to be April O'Neil....hmmmm...need to raid my mom's closet for some great 80's clothes that I know she has kept all these years. can't wait to see pictures of your halloween fun! :)

Unknown said...

I tOo am looking for idea's...for myself for Bunko... and a few of my kids..I do agree that your little girl is far tOo cute to be something sooooo ugly..but she will enjoy herself! Halloween is so much fun!!

Webb Family said...

That is so funny! You know she will be scaring all the other kiddos. I seriously don't even start thinking about it until maybe 2-3 weeks before! I do love Halloween & my kiddos have talked about what they want to be. I wish I had a sheep outfit for you that is such a cute idea! I have so many animal costumes but not a sheep. I do have a sewing machine if you would want to borrow it.

Holly said...

This is the first year we haven't picked out our costumes yet - I used to make them, then my mom - this year who knows! I usually love to dress too, but so not thinking about it yet.

You're right - we could be movie buddies! I just got Nanny McPhee to watch so I'll watch that one next - haven't seen it yet. Also - we like the same music, I always love what you have playing!

Have a good one!

TZ Crew said...

Those pics are freaky but I liked em :)

Libby said...

Good for you to already be thinking about costumes. Jackson was Darth Vader last year and is still way into Star Wars so I'm kinda hoping that he'll just be it again-and Jefferson too! I have 2 costumes. If not, then I'm hoping to have Jefferson wear Jackson's monkey costume from 2 years ago. He probably won't go for it though if Jackson is wearing something Star Wars. I'm busting out my fall decorations tomorrow. Woo Hoo!-even it is 106 degrees.

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

last year Tom was the man of steel and I was Lois Lane (get it? our last name? He wore a suit which he does every day and people would complain that we wasn';t dressed up then he would rip open his shirt and underneath was a superman t-shirt. It was classic! I went around asking everyone if they had seen superman and taking notes. I think that will be our standard costume!

Anonymous said...

this is so funny. they should all go as hobbits, lol.they are short anyways it would save you some, lol. you have great ideas for halloween, i as still thinking about the first day of school and you are already planing on halloween, lol. good for you. i am soo behind, lol.

Frolicking Night Owl said...

Dang! Well, I think Nolan's gotta be a turtle. I'm having a hard time finding a cute turtle costume. Children's place has one that's 0-6 months, but I'm afraid he's gonna swim in it. I might get it anyways. Last year I only had 1 kid to dress up ... this year I'll have 3 to dress up ... WHAT HAPPENED!?!?! :) I sewed/made Marina's cowgirl costume last year. Molly might be wearing one of Marina's old costumes just to save $$.

onehm said...

That is sooo cute! I always want my kids to go with a theme, but DH says I have to let them pick their own...part of the kids bill of rights, or something!!
;o)
Sweet G is the only one who doesn't have a costume yet...the other three are Superman, Minnie and Mickey (you remember this one!) and I can't WAIT for halloween!!!!

Frolicking Night Owl said...

hey - any idea how to change my photo on your guestbook??

Allison said...

Looks like we will be a part of the Marvel or DC comics. We have X-Men, Batman, Wonder Woman, and others from the series. Wonder if my children will duke it out like they do in the series?

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............