Saturday, October 20, 2007

purse fetish anyone?

i went shopping tonight and i seem to be drawn to purses that are not in my price range. and i seem to be drawn to the same brand over and over, nothing i should buy right now but really want to. and nothing i could get away with buying. tonights brand was HOBO international? leather, lovely and not cheap even at Marshall's, they were all over a hundred bucks. the wallets were $ 40 + , and i could resist them because they didn't have enough credit card slots for all my cards ( insurance , debit, etc,) yeah i like the HOBO purses, for a long time i was hooked on Kenneth Cole bags, and the last two have been Kathy van Zeeland which have some cute trim but aren't all leather. maybe i am a purse snob. i don't think i am as bad as i could be. but as snobby as i can be . and Lance would never let me buy a $3oo dollar bag. he'd flip if i ever got a $100 one. ahhhhhhhh! i have expensive purse taste and a low budget. dang. and i seem to be getting more and more expensive taste. which makes me even more tempted to go for it. but i can't , i'd get in trouble and i'd like to stay married. and once i buy something i am attached to it so buying it and returning it if i get in trouble is out . shoot!

do you look at the brand?

are you brand loyal?

does it have to be leather?

do you even notice if it is leather or vinyl? how can you tell?

what color are you drawn to?

what criteria do you have for a purse?

How often do you like to buy a new purse?

My ideal this week, is Black leather ( i feel them, then smell them) with a strap or straps long enough to go on my shoulder( i have really long arms and some are hard for me to put on one armed, while juggling a toddler and a baby. it has to fit all my stuff ( ie, wallet, keys, phone, notepad, pens, combs, lipstick, chapstick,) and then some kid stuff (like a diaper, wipes case, fruit snacks, a car or two for Pierce, bottle) and bonus if it fits my most recent book and my makeup bag but , it can't be too big because i hate the whole i carry luggage everywhere look and you can't find anything in there and sometimes it won't even fit in the stroller basket. and it can't be too small because it won't fit my crap in it, AND hello small purse on a fat lady, makes a fat lady look fatter! i know this, and shop appropriately and i personally believe the backpack purse is out of style and can look downright pathetic on a fat lady too. small backpack looks extra small on a big back, making the fat lady's back look even fatter! so not cute! but that is just my opinion. and why i personally don't do the backpack purse. plus how do you get crap out of it while you are wearing it? take it off to get your keys out? take it off to answer the phone? to put my freaking beloved lipstick on? It is just not for me, for SOOOOO many reasons!

13 comments:

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

I am very hard on my purses for some reason. I bang them up and they get dirty and I drop them on the floor w/o a 2nd though. Right now I am sick of all mine because they are too dang BIG! I loose everything in them and they are heavy!!! I'm looking for a small purse that will hold, 1. a wallet, 2. my phone, 3. my small camera, 4. some handy wipes and 5. lipstick.

tammy said...

I have to have a purse that:

-looks cute
-has the right amount of pockets, I like to keep my cell phone in it's own handy pocket
- has enough room for all my stuff
- and it doesn't necessarily have to be a brand

But I actually found a Kathy Van Zeeland at Steinmart for like $45. It's my favorite. I loved that it had a keychain that clips onto the purse straps which means I always know where my keys are! And the key chain was full of bling. I think she's my favorite designer....but I won't pay full price.

I also found some cute leather purses once in a hotel gift shop that were from this designer in CA that were very trendy, but only $35!!

Frolicking Night Owl said...

i got spoiled cause marina was almost 4 before we got molly so i could carry cute purses there for a while, but i'm definitely back to diaper bags now....

Libby said...

You are so funny. It's too bad purses have to be so expensive huh? I really don't care what kind of purse I use. And I'll admit that I can't tell if a purse is fake or not-I'm the same way with sunglasses and jeans. My dad did get me a Coach purse about 3 years ago-and I'm still using it. I guess it's probably time for a change, but it still works.

Unknown said...

Yes, I DO look at the brand, and I would have sO many more purses if the ones I liked were not sO dang expensive! So yeah...brand matters here and looks and all that fUn stuff!

Dave'sWife@{thediaryofdaveswife} said...

Crazy Mama All i have to say Is I TOTALLY feel ya on this one!!! I too have a SEVERE addiction to handbags~ and NO, some cheap thing from Target doesn't seem to work for me. Mine have to be the real thing. (or a very good knock off) But lately I have been in a slump. My ABSOLUTE favorite's are by My Flat in London, but they are so dang expendsive! I love them b/c they are so unique,and not a lot of people have them. (Which are my 2 main requirments) I don't like having the same bag that half of America is carrying ( ummmm Hello ~Louis Vitton & Dooney & Bourke!!!)

Brandi said...

I don't necessarily care about what brand my purse is, but it does seem like you get what you pay for!! All the cute purses are so dang expensive!! I'll have to look more at your recommendations!! :0)

blah, blah by lindsey said...

so both of the purses that i got and love are from target. one of them was $50 which i thought was alot but hey i got it as a bday present plus the matching wallet. now because of my stupid shoulder i can't use it cause it is so big. that is my problem i love big purses.... things that i don't like about big purses; i lose everything, so annoying.

Supercool Mom said...

I love a nice big, black or red, leather bag, and although I don't look at names, I find that all the ones I'm drawn to at a store, will be the same brand. Not any particular brand, I think it tends to change with the styles of the seasons - but generally someone will be making the Hotmama style of bag. Do I get to buy them? Rarely. Do I want one for every outfit? Oh Yeah!

Melissa said...

I laughed so hard reading this post! Out loud laugh- and I'm by myself. I've always been a purse person because even when i was skinny clothes never really fit me because i am short, but purses always fit. In my before married days I used to be a dooney and burke and coach person. The real stuff. In fact, the year before I got married I spent over $1000 in handbags. Since I've been married I've mostly used diaper bags, but when I was in New York this past spring I went to China Town and bought 5 knock-offs. I would never have done this in my pre-married life, but now I don't care-I'm just too practical.

Andrea said...

I LOVE purses. I used to have tons & would change my purse daily according to my outfit/style. ha ha. Now w/ kids, I just need something w/ lots of pockets that will fit all my crap: sm franklin planner, wallet, phone & keys (if they're not in my pocket), kid snacks, water bottle, lipstick, etc. I don't really care what brand they are, and I'm super picky now. They can't be too big or too small, the straps can't be too short or too long. I usually love black purses & am totally drawn to them. I just bought 2 new purses at Marshalls. I usually only buy a new purse when mine starts to fall apart (like every other year or so). But my last purse got wet inside so I've been using my free gift from Ulta from Mother's Day. I cannot stand that purse, so I just had to find a new one. It takes me forever to find the "one" I love. I won't know what I'm really looking for until I see it & fall in love with it.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy changing my purse often. usually it's just according to the season. I like a good buy so usually something from Sam Moon.

Corree said...

You always have the cutest purses! Right now I have a black Kathy Van Zeeland, but I am ready for something new. Before I was married I bout a Dooney & Bourke purse & wallet for full price!!! What was I thinking?? I would never do that now. I am way too hard on my purses.

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............