Sunday, November 11, 2007

Memory Lane Monday-aka 3 confessions and a lie.

1. i am obsessed with lotions, i never want to have dry skin, and i apply it all the time especially in the winter. and i wear sunscreen faithfully. everyone should.

2. One year we received a year membership for Christmas, and i managed to stretch that sucker for 3 years. doing focus groups. including the wallaby walkabout, the monkey walk through and the new playground. i sat in and gave my opinion on the planning of those features.

3. a few times we saved dirty diapers in a bag and collected them for more than a month.

4. my little brother has downs syndrome. and my dad only speaks Spanish to us and yet he is just a wannabe Hispanic, totally white bread. my family is weird. these things add to the dynamic.

so vote/comment which you think is the lie. and prepare to be amazed tomorrow for the truths and lies to be revealed in a special post, coming Tuesday to a computer near you!


in other news, i finished my book. finally the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. it was long and parts of it were fabulous! others, hmm, kind of dragged. but i am glad that is over. it has been a long series. and while i loved it i am not sad it is over. has anyone read the Lord John series? it is newer, anyone? Lance on the other hand said no more series any time soon. i agree. i just have to finish that book club book i started and then i can focus on the house.

we have made good headway this weekend. if i can keep up with it. maybe i can get some painting and decorating done. and yet. my mopped floor from last night is looking sad today. already! spilled soda here and there. grapes carried around hiding and become raisins. we would be fine if they kept food in the dining room but no, they can't seem to remember or follow directions. UGHHH!

and remember Monday is SAVER'S 50 % off day! with this link find locations here or in AZ at Power and Baseline, Broadway and Dobson in Mesa , and in Chandler @ Arizona Ave between Warner and Ray. in Tempe on Elliot and off of I-10 and in Phoenix there are 4 locations i went to one in the summer for 50% off day and got barely used/almost new kids Crocs for $1.50. apparently some kid didn't like them but my girls did. seriously how often do you donate stuff barely used , or new with tags, that you don't want to some place calling for donations? yeah that is what they have a savers. sure you have to wade through some junky crap but Pierce is looking darn fabulous in his Gap t-shirts that cost a buck. But i have to say i don't take my hoodlums with me. that would be insane.

18 comments:

onehm said...

I hope that three is the lie. Please tell me that it is...
:o)

Andrea said...

I am with onehm, i'm guessing #3 is the lie.

Ok, I'll definitely have to pick a location & check out savers! Thanks for the reminder ;)

michelle said...

I too am voting for #3. Have fun at Saver's today! If I have a free minute I might run over to the one near me.

Megan said...

I think #3 is a lie! Savers sounds great. I love shopping and getting deals even if I have to go through junk to get there.

donna said...

3 is a lie ")))

blah, blah by lindsey said...

well i will be different and say #2

Cecily R said...

I just got back from the Saver's sale. It was super rad!

I'm not good at your "tell me which one is a lie game" because I choose to believe you are ALWAYS truthful with me!!! :)

I guess three because I am jumping on your blog comments bandwagon. :)

Andrea said...

ok just checking back to see what everyone else is saying. tee hee :)

love the color changes!

Frolicking Night Owl said...

i think the zoo one is a lie. :)

Unknown said...

Im thinking three is the lie...i couldn't imagine anyone doing that... :)

tammy said...

I have NO idea! They could all have little truths in them. Hmmm....#3 is the one you wrote the least about, but even though I know you like B & B Works, do you really wear sunscreen all year faithfully? And I know your brother has Downs, but does your Dad really only speak in Spanish?Hmm....gonna have to think about these. And I'm loving the new template!

janna said...

I guess #2 is the lie

Webb Family said...

My guess is #2

Brandi said...

This is soooo hard, I guess i over-analyze every questions.. My guess is going to be #2..?? Can't wait to hear what the real lie is.. :0)

Julie said...

Obviously, anyone that thinks #3 is a lie has never done a DIAPER STUDY! Yeah, we have so done that- $75 and free dipaers but ick, sick and gross!

So, I am gonna guess #2 but do you really wear sunscreen FAITHFULLY?? Wow!

(Love this, btw!!)

Julie said...

And, um, if you aren't talking about doing a diaper study - then okay, yeah that's gross! Ü

Wendi said...

Hmm--no idea so I'll guess #1 because I'm not that good myself at remembering to always wear sunscreen, although I do always put it on my kids.

Meredith Ferrin said...

I'm going to say #4 is a lie...I can't imagine someone only speaking spanish to their kids. #3 has got to be the diaper study!

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............