Tuesday, December 18, 2007

the tree!

is kind of a nightmare. Pierce's fave thing to do is go over, pick a ball off, remove the hanger , and chuck the damn balls all over the freaking house. the main theme is fuchsia, but i have silver , turquoise and lime green . all glittery, some shiny (because they came in the same boxes of colors) and ALL PLASTIC. the fancy way to say it is shatterproof, but ya know they are SOOO plastic. it's ok then it makes it fine for Pierce to strip everything off he can reach , and practice his throw. he has a good arm for a 16 month old.

Then, i didn't like the ribbon i had used yesterday,there was an empty spot on the front and no more ribbon so tonight i took everything off and re did it with different fuchsia ribbon. Of course Lance liked yesterday's ribbon better, or just the application of it (who freaking knows!) but the kids loved helping put the balls on again. I do have a couple kid ornaments already up and i don't mind that they don't match because my kiddies made them for me with love. i love how they are for me and not for Lance(they don't put his name on them, just "mom"and they give then to me to open) . and then there are the toys Liberty added hangers or string to and hung, like the ninja turtle action figure and a strawberry shortcake toy from McDonald's. we are fancy! let me tell ya! oh and the topper? LAME, well i can't find mine from last year, and so far i have yet to find one that either coordinates, or matches. and i bought a super cheezy one today at tar-jay and yet. it was too cheap and small looking i couldn't hack it. it might just end up with a bow on top.

Pictures? you wanna see the fuchsia tree? i am feeling all sorts of pressure becuase you guys wanna see it. what if it is dorky, or stupid looking? ARGHG! i'll show you. but i haven't taken pictures yet. lemme finish the decorating , take some pictures TONIGHT BEFORE I GO TO BED, and before Pierce begins again with the wonder of tearing off the ornaments and chucking them across the room. then I'll post them tomorrow. and warning it isn't all that great . some people have only one of every ornament on their tree, as a result of years of collecting? well mine has an A$$load of the same thing over and over. yeah so don't be disappointed. i like the matchy thing. and have searched for more of the same today. but since it is last minute, i am struggling to find 'em. today i went to 2 Targets, 2 Walmarts, 2 Michaels and one Marshalls. and i am already thinking about which targets and Michaels i am hitting tomorrow. i am on a quest!

10 comments:

AutoSysGene said...

I'll bet your tree looks adorable. Good luck in your hunt for ornaments!!

kay said...

hell-o

have you seen my tree? the mis-matched look is in. especially ninja turtles and strawberry shortcake!! you probably have the coolest tree on the planet!

and yes we DO want pictures!

good luck on your quest

tammy said...

At least the kids are having fun, and that's what counts. Don't worry about us judging it - we won't! I love that Liberty is hanging strings on action figures and McDonald's toys! Shows she is creative. And it's a good idea. What else are you supposed to do with those hundreds of little toys. Think I'll start saving them for my boys to put on their own tree next year! Good luck in the quest for ornaments. At least they're on sale this time of year.

Cecily R said...

Mismatched and jumbled up is all the rage! I don't even have any traditional Christmas balls on mine because they've all bee broken in the last few years. Tell Lance we have THREE kinds of ribbon on ours that he could disapprove of.

Yesterday we added our newest homemade treasures to our tree--our traditional salt dough ornaments. Isaac made a purple Skittle. See? I bet your tree is SUPER RAD.

Andrea said...

Isn't it funny how strong the kids' pitching arm is at their young age? ha ha. Anson's got quite the arm too. At least they're not breaking everywhere! I'm sure your tree is beautiful, everyone's tree is unique! Can't wait to see your picture. C'mon, quit holdin' out on us already. tee hee :)

janna said...

FYI-At Walmart, here, they have a fushia star like my red one.

My kids still move the ornaments. It drives me crazy. But this I really do not care. I did not get out (ALL) of my Christmas stuff.

blah, blah by lindsey said...

gotta love the littles one and trees. caleb has broken 3 of my mom's oranments.

Jenn Toon said...

Fun! I'm sure it's great! You have the best taste and knack for pulling it all together!!

donna said...

Have fun shopping for all your ornaments.
Oh and post a picture of the tree :)

TreeKeeperBag.com said...

Just because your ornaments aren't expensive looking does not mean the tree looks bad! I think your tree should be however you want it, no one should judge it! I think fuscia is a great color for a tree!

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............