Friday, February 15, 2008

Funny friday. random things i enjoyed this week.

Monday morning i was waking up Joy. you know like she prefers , quietly saying her name over and over,"joy, joy, it's time to wake up" she pops up instantly and then lays back down and says "Eeyore, Eeyore it's time to wake up" so cute. and just like she prefers. Joy loves this old Eeyore i had my sister sewed it for me back in high school. Joy claimed it. she hugged it and loved it enough that it was falling apart at the seams, we'd washed it a few times. and stuffing was coming out. so one day Lance threw it away, Joy freaked, she screamed and cried and wailed. She was so sad over the loss of her friend Eeyore. well after about an hour of drama, Lance went out and dug it out of the garbage can. it kinda smelled like gas from something in the can. but we salvaged it. my mom took it home and washed it and took that old stuffed friend and unstuffed him and sewed it back together, and restuffed him, she made him a new tail, she added eyes, (i liked him without but Joy always wondered why he had no eyes. seriously talked about it all the time) Joy was ecstatic her friend looked good as new, and he smelled good and he was even better with a new tail, and eyes. and since she got him back she has been found giving him rides on the merry go round, he comes to dinner, and goes on sleep overs, he shares her bed and she shared her sweater with him for a week. and this week i found out how she wakes him up . too cute. the merry go round thing was funny too we were all set to go, and we'd called for her, looked upstairs and in the basement. the playroom and in the Front yard and car even, well she finally heard me calling her and she comes trucking in with Eeyore and when we asked her what she was doing she said,"i was giving Eeyore a turn on the Merry go round" lance and i looked at eachother, smile on our faces. and laughter in our eyes. she is totally entertaining, and full of surprises.

right after that she was getting ready for school, i was looking for her outfit for the day and she looked at her cluttered bedroom and asked me,"MOM, when are you gonna clean this sh!t hole up?" i had to turn around so she couldn't see the look on my face, i couldn't help but smile , but i suppressed the cackle and said," JOY, does dad say Sh!t hole? no! so you aren't aloud to say it, you know dad's rule." (Dad's rule: the kids can say anything dad says and not anything mom says-i am the family cusser, this limits it and works pretty well. ) and i quickly added "don't say that at school".
i guess i need to cut back or quit cussing .

and even later that morning i was doing her hair and she said freaking _________? i can't remember, but she was feeling the cuss words out. again the rule came in handy. "does Dad say freaking? then don't say it. and don't say it at school.

i need to really cut back.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope is talking a ton more lately. yesterday she told me so clearly "That is for ME? thank you for my Valentine mom, I LOVE it" ( it was a make-up kit and she is 3 , heaven for little girls.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday night my nephew had his Eagle scout court of honor. it was the fanciest one i'd ever been to. the ORDER OF THE ARROW group was there(they have this whole Indian theme-Indian with a feather, not Indian with a dot. With headdresses and there was even an eagle dancer and a fire and fireworks and everything. well Joy was sitting in front of the front row, and the dancer danced right in front of her around the fire.( i have video no less) BUT after it was over i was in the bathroom with her , and she told me, "that eagle guy, he had a hairy chest, and I could see his belly button! eww gross! " i was pretty intrigued that this old guy, for #! did this eagle dance in costume and that #2 he had no shirt on underneath. he also came and left in a t-shirt and short bike shorts. EWW is right. and the feathered headress made him look totally different. it was very cool.
also way cool when Lance got to go sit in the eagles nest. with all the other men that had gotten their eagle award in the past. that left me wrangling my herd myself but still very cool. and some of them sat on grandma's lap and some sat on his for awhile. but i took the pictures of the parent portion. i hope they turn out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i thought crystal's comment last night was freaking hilarious

"crystal has left a new comment on your post "happy freaking valentines day to me.":

"I guess all i have left that makes valentines a decent holiday is sex."

Alright, sister. That is one ho-hum description of V-Day Sex. You need to get your buns over to my town & come to lunch with me & my (non-blogging) friend Ali. We like to trade naughty secrets.

Now get to it! Rawwwrrrr!

i Cackled Out Loud and lance audibly laughed too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

and yesterday there was a crazymama sighting. Jenifer emailed me last night
and i got this email...

"My husband came home and told me that he thinks he saw you at Cafe Rio today at lunch. Were you there? He is almost positive it was you, but he didn't want to ask you if you were Crazymama. I guess that would be a little weird. Especially if it wasn't you. Just some random woman he was calling crazy! I just thought it was funny he recognized you. (If it was you) Hope you have a great day! Jen "

how rad is that? it could be scary too, if there were creepy people stalking me or something. but i might have recognized him too if i was paying any attention at all to people there. but i was just there with my friends absorbed in them. dang. that would have been fun. make me feel like a celebrity.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lance is Rad. after the cookies i was feeling a tad nauseous. you know me and my salty after sweet issue.( i must have it or i feel gross) and i don't like to cook or touch or look at raw chicken. so last night, he made me baked garlic chicken. it was heavenly. we had it with trader Joe's precooked brown rice. FABULOUS. better valentines dinner than i could have gotten at a restaurant. and the cookies were fabulous. they were a little salty, and we're wondering if the non iodized salt is saltier? my chips the other night were extra salty too. it's a mystery but still excellent. and i made icing with powdered sugar and water. nothing fancy but better than nothing. all the recipes i found had milk or cream cheese, both no no's . i considered pictures. and maybe i'll still do that. it is worth documenting right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
i won Brooke's pay it forward contest. my winning comment? did you have a good ♥ day?
so i may be doing that again. really i am a retard for playing again. but Brooke it so super talented. i wanted one of her prizes. yay for me. and i love to win!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope was talking to our outside dogs that were in the house just now. explaining. "people live inside, you live outside. you need to go out."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

well i should head off to lunch now. i am bringing some left over chicken for my lunch. Lance cooked me enough so i could eat it a few times. yay for real food. and we are lunching at Lindsey's today. so excited to go see her new house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sale alerts- gymboree is having a major presidents day sale . and i think easter is in stores and online all ready.

the children's place- easter clothes. way cute shop early for best selection.

SAVERS- 50 % off sale Monday the 18th presidents day! i am stoked on that. i plan on going after my dang shot. i wish i would have known early i would have scheduled this scan later in the month. so it didn't interfere with my shopping .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

questions for the day-

have you ever seen a blogger in the real world ?? and wanted to say hi but didn't becuase you might be wrong?? but you feel like you know them.

my answer-i totally have, sometimes i say something , and sometimes i don't. i can be shy, it is rare but does happen. but if they said hi to me I'd be thrilled and probably totally know who it was. becuase i feel like i know everyone too." including kids and husbands. blogger family .

Has your child ever repeated something you have said days or weeks later? and did you laugh out loud or suppress it? and were you slightly horrified that they learned that ugliness from you?

my answer-totally! self reflection and change are here. or coming anyway. maybe i should use my word of the year and TRY to kick that habit.

is the man in your life an Eagle scout?

have you ever seen the order of the arrow eagle ceremony?

15 comments:

Jenifer said...

Once Sam forgot her towel for swimming lessons. She yelled at me in front of the little kids to go home and get her da*# towel. Too bad there was too many moms there. Sam swears all the time. Wish she would clean up her sh#$ hole. I always look for you when I am shopping in Mesa. Worried my shyness would get in the way, but if I see you, I will say hi!

janna said...

Take a picture of the new Eeyore...

I said sh!t in the walmart check out lane last night and I have never seen so many dirty looks....

I admit it I have a potty mouth.

LOL about crystal post... I could share too...

And the only person I have met who has a blog is my kids resource room teacher.... but would love to me my twin someday!

Andrea said...

Of course my kids have repeated not-so-good stuff I've said and definitely stuff Ben's said. Nathaniel's lecturing to Ben now to clean up his mouth cuz Anson's starting to repeat not-so-good stuff! Pretty bad when your own kid is telling you not to do it! oops!

Yep, been to the order arrow eagle stuff when my brother got his. My Dad's also an Eagle scout and so is Ben. I totally LOVE that! Did you know Ben put it on his resume and one of his friends made fun of him for it, but an employer during an interview totally commended him on it and thought it was cool!!!

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

I hate diets too and Crystal is sooo funny! Got to love all our new blogging friends. It make life fun!

michelle said...

I was at Blossom in Mesa right after Thanksgiving. I ran into Kristen, who is on my side bar. The weirdest part aout that is..she is from California! I thought it was her, but had to keep looking to make sure. Then all of a sudden I heard my name! She recognized me too. It was so fun to chit chat. Have a fun lunch with the girls!

SuperCoolMom said...

I need to make Joy a new Eyeore, but she would probably never love it as much as that old ratty one.

NerdyRedneck Rob said...

Ok, once long ago at a Christmas gathering my son who may have been 4 or 5 at the time went up to my sister and said, "Aunt Celeste, what is a slut and why does daddy call you that?"

Well, she was a slut at that time but BOY was my face red anyway! That was a real quiet Christmas visit home!

Are You Serious! said...

I've never met anyone that reads my blog besides my friends in my same town...

I think I would say somehting... I think...

My husband isn't an eagle scout... He was a BAD boy and I don't know how is mom lived through his teenage years! Never been to much of anything to do with scout...

Sarah said...

Ok, I totally loved this post! The eeyore story got me all teary eyed, then the story about her swearing caused me to laugh out loud. Too funny! The worst thing I say is "crap" so they say it from time to time. I do say "caca" quite a bit though. The only time I ever got hot pepper in my mouth as a kid was from saying "caca"...I clearly didn't learn! I love it when my 3 year old tells me that his hands are filthy..."Mom I need to wash my hands...they're filfy!" That's the best example I can think of as far as things they've picked up from me. Other than when I over hear them pretending to talk on the phone and they turn their head to whomever and say "SHHH I'm on the phone!" in an oh so loud whisper.

I've never run into fellow bloggers, other than people I already know from church or whatever.

My husband isn't an Eagle Scout or an RM for that matter, but neither of those change the way I feel about him.

I actually have seen The Order of the Arrow ceremony....wait....maybe that is different for and Eagle court of honor than it is for boys who are getting their Arrow of Light. Well, back in November, the Order of the Arrow people came to our pack meeting because we had 4 boys in our pack that were getting their Arrow of Light and moving on to 11 yr old scouts...they still had all their "get-up" on and it was pretty cool. That's funny what your daughter said about them though.

Wow! That ended up being a super long comment! Hope I didn't take up too much room!

Laurie said...

Love the story about Joy and Eeyore. I love it when kids get attached to something like that, although it is tragic when they get lost or broken. My kids have all been attached to blankets, which they each still have. My oldest finally put his away for safe-keeping because it was starting to rip. But the other 3 still sleep with theirs!

I am not a fan of scouts. In fact I hate it and think the Church should get rid of the program. My hubby is not an Eagle Scout. He did do a project but the committee that judged it had it in for Mormon kids so they never approved it. I don't push my boys to do it. They go if they want to. And they aren't allowed to go on the overnight campouts unless my hubby goes too.
Glad to hear you had a wonderful V-Day even with your diet!

onehm said...

LOVE these stories...
And seriously. Lance? Come on, dude!
You make OUR hubbies (who are good men, for sure) look like they have no idea what is going on.
Jules, you are one lucky woman.

tammy said...

K this says you posted this at 7:38am. Wrong!! Cuz I checked your blog at that time, and again at 10:00, and again at 10:30. That's why you were late for lunch, you were blogging weren't you?

Love the Eeyore story! She is so sweet. So fun to see your two babies today. And those cookies were good! I didn't think they tasted salty. So sweet that he took so much time to make dinner and cookies for you. I was raiding my pantry trying to find something non-salty for you....nothing!

raising4boys said...

Your kids are so cute! It's fun to hear more about them. I have had swear words come back to me before too, oops! I love you're reply "Don't say that at school". I worry about that too.

Lately I have been wondering if I would ever run into a blogger friend. I have caught myself doing double takes.

Have a great weekend :)

Shannon said...

How do you run into bloggers?? I have never even met a blogger from my area. Too funny. I think I might be wigged out to see someone from blogland when i wasn't expecting it!

Joy cracks me up! I want to see that Eyeore!

Nat Nat said...

I linked over from Crystal (have been lurking for a while)

I am a total swear-er. I have such a potty mouth. My 9 year old feels it her duty to correct this in me. She quite often orchestrates FHE lessons about using good words. The Little Snot! My baby is now picking up on my words and that makes sister even that much more convinced that I am going to hell. LOL

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............