Tuesday, February 19, 2008

time to play - what's in YOUR purse?


so i thought i'd lost my lab slip for tomorrow. my pregnancy test and my other thyroid tests So i figured i better make a valiant effort to find them before i called the Endocrinologists office and drove the 40 minutes each way to pick up another set. they suck and won't fax or call them in. and of course i waited until today to worry about them . So i cleaned out my purse.

so for your reading pleasure i'll share.

i found-
12 pens.
1 black sharpie
3 packs of gum, 2 were empty and one had only 3 small pieces of gum.
1 jar of hair pomade
2 prescription bottles -one was empty and trashed. and the other had one thyroid pill
2 hot wheels
1 ziploc bag full of jolly ranchers. i added a lollipop and a Werther to it. now the candy bag
3 tubes of bath and body works- CO Bigelow lip gloss 1 green , 1 frosty, 1 peppermint twist
i found a random cadbury creme easter egg- I'm now saving it for friday.
2 nasty bora bora bars
1 super nasty lara bar
1 baggie full of 2 silver chains and one pendant
1 baggie with a Pink peppermint lampwork bead-from my sister maria
2 AA batteries -not sure if they are good or not.
my camera

my new brown wallet
- it's a knock off of the one I wanted for valentines day. Lance says if i love it and use it someday i can buy the expensive real one in black, better to test it out on a cheap one.(i love it and will be getting the REAL black one someday sooner than later. i have an anniversary, mothers day and my birthday coming up. i'll be sure to get it for one of those gift getting days)

3 notebooks/pads
3 Joann fabrics ads and coupons sale ended yesterday
6 Lane Bryant coupons and a mailer ad with more coupons
1 band-aid not included in my supply i keep in my wallet.
1 crocheted hacky sac- i let Pierce play with it and he just dunked it in a cup of milk. UGH!
1 comb
2 thank you notes
1 bill i need to mail
$3 in extra care bucks for CVS
assorted random receipts
3 bucks in change
lots of candy wrappers
my lab work - zipped safely in the outside pocket
a baggie of reciepts from when i cleaned out my receipt spot in my wallet before
my lipstick holster and mirror
1 purple kids wallet
and one baggie of kids money/change
my sunglasses case
a can of Coke
a 20 oz. bottle of coke
a bottled water
2 black hair rubber bands
one invite to a family easter picnic
1 invite for the blue and gold banquet

I'm not listing a half a grocery bag of stuff i just threw away and didn't keep. like receipts from food places. straw and candy wrappers. and groceries.

One bag from the scout shop with a gift for the eagle scout and a number 2 patch
ONE book. the Star Garden
1 sample of prevacid for Hope's reflux/overactive stomach acid
a broken keychain-fuchsia lips. i am keeping it and making a magnet. cool!
a cheapy kid valentine key chain went in the garbage bag, don't tell Joy.
1 curly hair bow
my car keys

yup i think that is the total amount of crap i have in there. i put some stuff away and put some back

scary thing is you didn't see a diaper or wipes? yeah but I've got loads of change and pens and candy out the wazoo. and of course a virtual beverage cart. seriously how many drinks does a person need? in their purse on an average day? the drinks were from last night and today thankfully.


I obviously hadn't cleaned out since i got this purse. NICE . no wonder it weighs as much as my 18 month old.

yeah so what is in your purse.

let me know if you play and i'll come see.

have a fab day.

i'm gonna go read my book now.

30 comments:

janna said...

I will go post what's in my purse....

ZB said...

Are you sure that's a purse and not a....a....piece of luggage that they wouldn't even let you check on an airplane! That's incredible. You are one prepared mamma. Get 'er done! I stopped carrying a purse until my mini-e can walk on her own.

janna said...

Ok, mine is up on my blog! :)

Love ya!

kellyo75 said...

Holy crap!! How BIG is that thing??? My purse has barely anything in it. I just got a new one and cleaned it all out.

Katie said...

Cracking up. How did you have all of that in there. CRAZY MAMA!

Mine is similar. Actually, last week Spencer's milk spilled in the diaper bag and I didn't know it. It sat in our laundry room for 3 days before I used it again. I had to toss it cause it was NASTY mold. SOOOO Gross. Good news is that I got a cuter diaper bag so life makes sense once again.

AutoSysGene said...

Good Lord girl what do you carry a Samsonite suitcase?

Either your a championship packer or you weightlift in your spare time. I sure wouldn't want to arm westle you...

andrea said...

That is one amazing purse. You are like Mary Poppins....truly delightful in every way, AND a bottomless purse! That is awesome.

I should clean mine out....lots of papers, coupons, and ads shmucking it up, and I'm sure that 98% of them are un-needed.

Hope you got a good read in, and that you aren't feeling too awful.

I'm glad your break was short!

Jamie said...

Holy Moly!! And I thought I had a lot in my purse! That has to be some kind of record! That is what I feel like our Sunday church bag is like! And I swear it ways more than our 2 year old!

tammy said...

Holy cow! How big is your purse again?? Ok I will play when I have a minute to look.

StrykerLOVE said...

this is why my purse is small small small because I would find myself in the same predicament! but finding bags of candy would always be nice!! its like your purse and your workout all at once.

Susie said...

Yes! I will play tomorrow, but can honestly say--YOU WIN!!!!! WOW!
This is why I tagged you.

I love your blog and all you do. Just needed to get your attention now.

You are too cool for words!

Jamie said...

HOLY COW!! I am sure mine would pale in comparison. I try to travel as light as possible!

Are You Serious! said...

♥ That's insane! Sounds like my diaper bag when the twins were 1 and livvy was a newborn!

Jenn Toon said...

You never cease to amaze me!! I will play in a bit - after kids are in bed. Unless I head to Wal-mart. We are low on tons of stuff. Then I'll play later tonight. I'm sure I can't top you but we'll see. :)

Jenn said...

How big is your purse? I need one that could hold all that if I wanted too.

Micah and Jen said...

You are SUPER mom! I only have the diaper/wipe kit my wallet and a ziploc with some treats for the boys and one for the baby....and I think chapstick....I HATE to carry lots--most of the time I forget my cell phone in the bag and suffer with no contact to the outside world! Seriously, I LOVE it when I no longer have to carry diapers and stuff....that means I get a super cute LITTLE purse that just fits my wallet and keys....LOVE IT!

onehm said...

My purse has a wallet-phone-keys-2 pens-camera. That's it. No fun.

Girl, you are more like Mary Poppins than I realized!!

blah, blah by lindsey said...

that is a ton o'crap! i love this!!glad you found your paperwork :)

andrea said...

Okay...now you've posted a picture of said purse.....It is a Mary Poppins bag! Because there is no way you had all that stuff in there! ;o)

Angela said...

Okay so I am truly laughing at your fun blog... because I think I can relate! I haven't cleaned my purse out in quite some time too. It could be frightening. You know when your purse starts making your arm muscles hurt after carrying it too long it must need a cleaning out.

Okay I was reading your other posts (it's been awhile and I've missed bunko so I feel out of the loop) but I am totally with you on the twilight characters. Ava is not working with me for Esme and NO blond Jasper and we definitely need a larger Emmett! I am still waiting for my collectors edition set that my husband ordered me for Christmas! Still no sign of it. hummmm.

Now what's the deal with your cancer? Has it come back? HUMMMM .. call me. Sorry I'm so behind. It's been crazy in these parts and I'm just emerging from the chaos!

Good luck with your appointments. I will be interested to hear how it all went.

kay said...

i love to see what other people have in their purse! i'll just pull out random crap and totally freak people out.

where is your picture? i miss it! :(

tammy said...

You're not using your Kathy keychain for your keys?? That's the thing I loved best about my purse.

Laurie said...

How the heck did all of that fit into that dang cute little purse?! I don't think my purse would be quite so fruitful. Glad you found what you were looking for. Have a rad day!

Wendi said...

That is one very cute hot pink purse! Drool...

Jenn said...

I love the added picture. Your purse is HOT!!! I don't carry a purse, just a diaper bag. But again.... I am impressed!

janna said...

Love the picture you added. I have a mini black purse shoved full...

michelle said...

Wow! This is making me laugh! I will go thru mine this afternoon. I know it can't be pretty. I am glad your found your paper work. :)

Jenifer said...

No wonder your muscles ache! I love your purse! So cute. I didn't know there was a third book for These is my Words, I will have to go get it. Love thosde books! Hope you are feeling better. By the way, you should have weighed your purse.

crystal said...

I. WANT. THAT. PURSE. I have a serious case of the envies!

WHERE DID YOU GET IT??????

And is your shoulder ok from carrying all that fun stuff? :)

raising4boys said...

Seriously, your purse didn't look that big!!

What a fun game. I like to play that game at showers where you search for specific items in your purse. You would probably WIN!!

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............