Wednesday, March 19, 2008

lemmee see here.....

things went well this afternoon.

the van cost less than the estimate. who doesn't love that?

i got to go shopping alone! (thanks honey)

i found easter dresses! (at the children's place)

the kids reminded me it was wacky wednesday at sonic. the call went like this

me: hello?
liberty: it's Wednesday!
me: ok and that means?
Liberty: can you stop at sonic?
me: why?
Liberty: it's Wednesday. for kids meals.
Me: ok sure. i'll be home in awhile.

an hour later i got home with kids meals. fabulous!

the boys are spending the night at aunt Maria's

tomorrow is the ZOO

and the drive in was postponed one more night so we can go with COUSINS! 2 families worth to be exact.

eerrrrrt errrrrrrrttttttt errrrrrt attention this happy post is interrupted by a spilled sonic kids drink.

blitching about the absorbency of a swiffer wet jet maxi pad coming.

hello! the swiffer pad did virtually nothing to absorb the spilled soda. i had to resort to the mega capacity #4 diaper to absorb it. and i might add that the velcro on the swiffer wet jet thingy attached fabulously to the cottony fabric of the disposable diaper. FABULOUS! next time i'm going straight for the diaper!

oh and helpful hint. IF i happen to spill a 44oz soda in the van? i throw down a clean diaper and it sucks up all the spilled soda! yes i do!

ERTTT ERTTTT ERTTTT!

back to your regularly scheduled happy post.

i am feeling rad about my dresses i purchased.

and i think a trip to walmart is in order.

OH and the boys are wearing green button up shirts they already have. and Pierce is wearing a green sweater vest. i love a sweater vest! see it's cute!

wanna see the dresses?

For Liberty and Joy


For Hope

Hope's was already marked down. and the big girls? well they were full price. BUT the girl at the store assured me that they would mark down in the two week price adjustment period.
so i'm banking on that.
and yes we wear sleeveless without a sweater.

OH then i went to the fat lady store. and tried on a couple dresses. i didn't love either of them and can just as easily wear my standard black dress i wear every week.

then i went to Torrid a hipper and trendier fat lady store. looking for dresses, or a black skirt. and found CUTE swimming suits. and get this! the one i tried on was too big. that never happens. but i didn't love either of the ones i tried on. but they did have a fabulous assortment.
i'll have to go back and try on again. and buy one. maybe.

i feel a walmart trip coming on.

today i organized the pantry again. i need to change some stuff in there. it isn't functioning properly. it bugs me.

on the lost dog front?
i went to the pound and didn't find him there. I'll go again tomorrow. and put up fliers. I'm thinking I'll make the kids take them door to door.

UPDATE ON THE DOG!

FOUND!
he came home! and scratched at the front door around 10:50 PM!
i told lance, and he said (with a knowing smirk)," somebody let him out".
the smirk was because WE KNOW he pees in the house and chews furniture. HA! stupid people thinking they'll keep our dog!

OH and tomorrow is the big day. you are excited right?



13 comments:

SuperCoolMom said...

Woohoo! I'm glad you waited to go to the drive in so we could all go together!!! Cute dresses! I need to go pick one up for E., especially if they're on sale! Very cute. I'm still debating whether I need to rush and finish sewing or just not worry about my girls matching.

Leslie said...

Good luck on the Dog!! It's funny how we can get attached to them.
I miss our Buzzter but I gave him up when I was emotionally insanely Pregnant.

Sounds like you have had a awsome week...We have too..It's been fun and crazy!!

Jamie said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the dresses!!

onehm said...

Fantastic Update! Love the dresses...YOWZA! So cute!
And I am so glad that you found the little doggie. That would have been so sad.
And I'm really really excited for tomorrow!!!

Are You Serious! said...

♥ I like sweater vest too. Love the dresses! Very cute! I have a really hard time finding cute dressing in our little town... I can choose between walmart, walmart, walmart oh and jc penny on a good day and when I want to fork out a bunch of money! :)

Cecilia said...

I love the easter dresses!!!I also love childrens place..It's my favorite store for my kids at the moment!!!

tammy said...

Yay on the cute dresses!
Yay on the dog coming back!
Yay on the van costing less!
Yay on the swimsuit being too big on you!
Yay on Sonic being for dinner!
Yay on shopping alone!
Yay on absorbant diapers!
Yay on the sleepover!

kellyo75 said...

Exciting on the van. I love the dresses. And I learned something new today...never thought about absorbing the spilled drinks with diapers. RAD!

We went to Sonic last night. We love Sonic.

Jenn Toon said...

I'm agreeing with all! YEA FOR EVERYTHING! Love the dresses - I'm going tomorrow. Hope I can find something that isn't copying everyone else. I'm loving everyone's choices and may just have to match everyone else in the city. Too cute stuff!

Sarah said...

LOVE that dress! That's the one I got for Rylie which was originally going to be her Easter dress, but of course I ended up letting them wear them the Sunday right after I bought them, so I ended up going out last weekend to get them new Easter dresses! Totally lame! I know! But the plan was to get black & white so we could do the pictures with all the grandkids and have them all coordinating. We're attempting that tomorrow...we'll see how it goes!

Connie said...

I'm glad you found your dog!!! I am having a hard time keeping up with your blog, so I've been lurking again!!

Connie said...

Your kids are going to look super cute. And Torrid is a GREAT store...slightly edgier than the old Lane Bryant.

Nat Nat said...

See this is what I love about you, I always learn new things. I am happy to know of some new uses for diapers. (not that we don't use enough already. LOL)

Glad your dog came home. I bet the kids are happy about it.

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............