Thursday, May 1, 2008

our day with Froggy and a view from my door.

first off here is proof of our whitetrashedness. apparently i like to revel in it and show off. Behold the VIEW from my back door
tammy asked for participants and here i am showing off my trashy side. love it? my weed jungle surrounding the "WHEEL OF DEATH"! totally classy!
you wanna come over to play don't you!?!


and my front door view. OH YEAH. loving the fence.

and i did this for tammy, who was threatening to cut me off. for not commenting. YEAH! i know. imagine that. well in my defense. i've been spyed on
and whatnot. and with the new limits. and really i wasn't talking about people i know just people i've commented on for roughly a year, and received less than a handful of comments from. ever.
those are the ones, i've removed. not to say that they couldn't be added again later. but it's one of those why would i continue when they never ever reciprocate. ever! EVER! so that is where i am on that subject. and really i should relax on that too. i know people are busy. so i should cut them some slack. i guess, i'm just ya know bugged by the loads of people i have no clue about. is it time for a roll call? perhaps.
~~

lets see, what else happened since the afternoon post?

Joy brought home froggy to spend the night since she is STUDENT OF THE WEEK! OOOOOLALA! froggy comes over, brings his stuff, and we have to write down what we did, and you know, get him ready for bed in his Pj's and read him a book. MAN another kid to take care of! GOSH!
Joy is in heaven. and froggy has been well behaved for the most part.

after school Liberty made some brownies that were gone far too fast.

So we got out the easter kites, that we haven't used since it's never windy here,
and it was liberty's rad idea.we flew kites. yeah good times. it was a perfect winds-day. we thought "let's go fly a kite"

this is how i keep Pierce out of the street. tricky eh? he could watch and still be safe, kind of. sitting on the cable box.

and let me tell you, i sucked in 3 minutes flat. the kite was great. it went right up, and yet, somehow i lost hold of the cheapy handle and that sucker took off, and flew down the street. it got stuck in some trees,

and then proceeded to fly for a while , and then........
went down. Libby was bawling, and I'm instantly the worst mom ever! i lost her beloved kite, and she didn't even get a chance to fly it yet. so I'm thinking well too bad , we'll buy a new one, and went in to put Peyton's together, and tony comes in and says there is some one else out flying kites there was a blue one down the street. HA! liberty's kite was flying itself.
and flew for the next hour. stuck in the tree down the street. fun and yet sad for Libby.

I talked Joy into getting hers out. since Peyton's cheap kite wouldn't really fly , cheap-O diamond kite from the dollar store was worth about what i paid for it. SUPERCRAP!
so Joy Got hers out. and it went right up,
she of course wouldn't let me hold it. but ya know my track record wasn't looking so great today. man there were people driving by to see, kids came down the street and around the block to discuss the kite flying, and it was pretty fun. anyway, we realized it was time to bring it in for basketball, so before we put it away Liberty had a turn,
and then Hope,


and then Lance gave pierce a turn with the kite.

yeah this picture was taken seconds before he let go, and Joy's kite flew down the street!
we lost 2 kites in one day.

Luckily we chased it down the street, and it was caught in another lower front yard tree, so Lance rescued it. and Joy got to finish flying it, and landed it safely on the ground to be flown on another windy day.

on the way back down the street towards home, Lance let liberty and Paxton go see if they could recover Liberty's kite, in that neighbors yard. and she did. HALLELUJAH. whoohooo! all we need is some new string since it broke while they were rescuing it. so we took Peyton to basketball practice, and headed to sonic for wacky Wednesday. these kids never forget. they insist we go.

so after basketball practice we rushed to the school for "reading under the stars"
they had book characters, (teachers dressed up) and they had little autograph books for each kid, and treats, they had a picnic on the courtyard too, BUT we weren't early enough for that, we got there with maybe 40 minutes to wander around. they loved it.
we saw Junie B. Jones (joy's teacher)


and Captain' Jack sparrow,

and the" train conductor/engineer from the little engine that could"(Paxton's teacher)

and CAT In THE HAT(Peyton's teacher but Peyton was gone wandering around with his friends)

we also saw
Harry Potter, and a bunch of mice with cookies.
and some wild things too.
then we came home

Put froggy in his Pj's

read him his book "froggy's first day of school"and off to bed!
NIGHTY NIGHT!
now froggy, stay in bed, no wandering around, and try not to hog the covers! SHEESH!
"no you can't have a drink again. you'll pee the bed for sure!

39 comments:

SuperCoolMom said...

Wow! Froggy chose a fun day to spend the night at your house!

Mamarazzi said...

first of all loooooving the wheel of death. my dream is to one day have a back yard filled with all of the playground toys that i SURVIVED as a kid...so someone lost a finger...get over it!

the Froggy thing is adorable!

really cute!

tammy said...

Fun day! And so many pictures to boot. Thanks for playing The View. You have one of those cute white rockers on your front porch, don't you. I wasn't really going to cut you off, just joking. I know you've been limited lately. I was just missing you.

michelle said...

It looks like you had a day that every child dreams of! kites, froggy, and characters at the school! Love the photos to document your day. Your girls sure do look like you!

janna said...

How fun! I love your blog so much!
And adding tis post was fantastic!

Watch for some snail mail from me.
:)

Jen said...

LOL I will make you feel better and post pics of my back yard, you aren't the only WT family here!!! Love the idea of Froggy, but really? Fun for the kids but maybe not so much for Mom! Fun flying kites! We tried out Corbin's the other day and I couldn't get it up there then it broke, so yeah, super cool Mom moment, oh well another day!

Micah and Jen said...

I am jealous....of the kite flying! Whenever it's windy enough here...it's too windy and then it's too cold...or snowy! We haven't got to go once yet this year....last year we started kite flying in MARCH! And the froggy...what a cute idea...well, except it was more work for you, but it is a really cute idea! Love all the pictures!

onehm said...

You are hilarious! So glad that we got to chat on the phone last night.

Hey, you forgot to talk about bladder control...did you give up on that fancy post?? ;)

Jenifer said...

With all this wind it never occured to me to get kites! May as well do something with it, besides dry my laundry! The kite flying away is something that would totally happen to me. How cool that it flew on its own!
What a fun night at the kids school. That sounds awesome! And I could use a kid like Froggy. No sassy mouth, always goes to bed when you tell it to.....

andrea said...

You got wind...we got snow...check my blog later for pics.

Cute Froggy....although I kinda got the heebie-jeebies....how many other kids has that frog slept with?!!

Very cute school activity! Now, I'm going to have to suggest that for our school....sometimes it's nice to be on the parent council! But if they try to put me in charge, I'll just nip that one right off!

kay said...

FROGGY!!!!!! flit flap zit zut..

we LOVE froggy at my house! what a great idea!

those teachers were adorable! i may have to move to your neck of the woods to send monkey to school!

now i'm singing let's go fly a kite, up to the highest height, let's go fly a kite and send it soaring...

kay said...

oh and i am coming over to take a spin on the wheel of death! i love a merry-go-round!~

Anonymous said...

What a cute idea "reading under the stars" I love how the teachers dressed up as book characters! Fun!Our school needs to GET WITH THE PROGRAM! I think I would dress up as the chika chika boom tree....

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Stumbled on over from somewhere (can't remember where) Glad I did!

Love your blog!

Hallie

Ruth Anne said...

Hey, I can't believe I missed you at the story time. We were on the prickly grass, and all my kids complained. NE-way, we had fun, but left after one story and some cookies.

Laurie said...

So fun that Joy got Froggy for the night. But I agree- too much extra work. The kite flying looks very fun. And i love the reading under the stars thing- so fun! Oh, can I borrow Liberty? I could really use some brownies right now:)

KayDee said...

How fun!!
Love the frog! For us its a teddy bear!

I have yet to get kites this year, I think I better do that soon so I dont get sour attitudes.

I am loving the color of your tile and the baseboards. I am sure your house will look super awesome when things are all done:)

Webb Family said...

Love the pictures! You guys did lots of fun stuff with Froggy. That is such a cute idea.

Andrea said...

Ok had to chuckle a little about the kites! At least you found them all. Whew! So, you're not the worst mom ever anymore! LOL

Don't you think Froggy is too cute? Love his little clothes & pj's. Ashley brought him home before and actually ended up taking a really long nap, then got ready for bed and read the story & took him to bed. Her evening wasn't as eventful as yours. ha ha

Hey, we were totally gonna go to reading under the stars, but as it got closer, I was so tired & still making dinner. We ate really late last night (around 8pm). So, we didn't make it. Glad y'all had a good time!

crystal said...

"Fro-o-o-o-o-o-ggy!" I love those books. Looks like you took great care of Froggy. Zit Zut.

I'm loving the white trash documentation. If I were braver, I'd document the MANY Jerry Springer-worthy corners of my house. Including my master closet, which has never had shelves/rods in it since we moved in A YEAR AND A HALF AGO. Yes. My clothes are in a big pile.

Yeah, baby.

SHERI said...

What a fun idea- "reading under the stars" I love that.

We have had some great kite flying weather lately. We tried to fly ours a few weeks ago and almost lost it too as Wyatt decided he was done holding it and let go. Luckily Chris had some fast reflexes and caught it.

Piper said...

fun fun and more fun! That's good.
and, "wheel of death?" that made me COL!!!!

Are You Serious! said...

♡ Last year Emma had the same kind of thing only it was the "Busy Bee". Kite flying looks fun! Emma LOVES Junie B. JONES!!! Great pictures!!!

Angela said...

I was laughing so hard I was crying when I read your kite story because I've totally done that, too...OR, the other way around and I can't get the darn thing to stay up!! Too funny!

Melissa said...

What a fun idea to fly kites with your kids. I've never done that with mine. Your floors and baseboards look great. I hope you post all the finished product pictures when everything is done and put back together.

Tracey said...

How do you do contests?

The Montgomerys said...

It was really windy yesterday we should have done the kite thing too. What a great mom. Your house looks amazing, way to go!

Julie said...

All right, so you guilted me into commenting!! I don't know why you care when you have 27 comments already on a post about White Trash, Froggy, Reading night, and Kite Flying!!Ü(Ok I guess it was a pretty cool post- pictures and everything!) You know I love you girl...just busy as all get out! I totally check in on your life and am missing our lunch dates! You guys probably feel like I stepped off the face of the earth -yep, feels like it! Ü

So, I am super glad you decided to not just up and quit your blog...would've been too sad! I love you and your crazy life and your absolute gift of "being real"!!

So, how is that for a post! Ü

Jenn Toon said...

WOW! What a day! LOVE your front fence!! And how fun with the kites!!!! Makes me wish I didn't teach in the afternoon so I could do fun things with my kids like you.
Funny about Froggy not getting a drink that night. :)

Sarah said...

What a fun day! My kids are deprived! We've NEVER flown kites! A couple of them have owned one, but it's never windy enough during the time that they are still in flying condition. Of course they play with them and they end up wripped or broken or finally just thrown away because I was tired of finding it on the floor.

Love the merry go round in your backyard! Or "Wheel of death" as you call it. The name obviously fits it! We actually found a park a few years back in AJ that had one. Lots of fun!

Love the fence and the baseboards! And how exciting for your daughter to be able to bring the frog home! She appears to be quite attached! Hopefully it won't be too hard to let go when she has to return it.

Michelle said...

OOOO I hate stray stuffed animals! Ick!
:)

Jamie said...

Kites...What a fab idea and yea, seven kids for a night. At least the frog can not talk back.

ZB said...

First of all: HOLY LONG POST. I think you deserve an award for the longest --yet, still intruiging post known to the blogging world. Seriously! I'd vote. And secondly, I can't believe that you have baseboards, that's HUGE. My last house never got them (those poor asians that moved it probably didn't know homes were supposed to have them). And thirdly, your children are darling (they look just like you). Loves.

Kimm said...

Julie:

Thought about doing kites yesturday too, but not as ambitious as you!
Kimm

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

I love it when you post pictures!! Your family is so cute. It is kite weather isn't it. I should go find some kites to fly. I love your fence in your front yard. So CUTE!!!! I hope I can come to bunko when it's at your house. That would be super fun! Maybe you will need a sub then? Hope you have a fab weekened and got out - live it up-have a blast w/ your hubby!

Susie said...

wow froggy is soooo posh! and so is captian jack sparrow--oooohlala!

kite flying rocks!

Debra said...

LOVE kites. We have had so much wind though, I am afraid the kids might be blown away!! Thomas (just walking in the backyard) was pushed down by the wind yesterday!

sherry said...

Sounds like another exhausting fun filled day of "neglecting your kids"! Just reading it made me tired! P.S- I too am jealous of the wheel of death. I want one of my very own. Really.

Nat Nat said...

ok so I am comenting so late on everything I will let you figure out if I am slow, too busy and crazy to get to my dang computer or if I just want to have the last word on everything.....

LOVE the WT documentation. We have only lived in our house 6 weeks and we already look like a trailer park outside. Really should take pictures. I think I will. I am major coveting the "Wheel O Death" oh yeah and the fence.

I love the cable box baby sitter. Not quite as good as the sleeping in the stroller during craft night you have some mad babysitting skills and I need them to rub off. Mine are alway at me feet screaming.

Froggy looks like he had a very nice time and I am glad he didn't we the bed but really what is wrong with him? He should have at least offered to get the kites out of the tree with his supper sonic leap frogging skills. LOL LOL I love your stories. Are you sure you are not related to my mother?

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............