Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Summer fun Idea lists-

Need a great idea? here are a few!


*EDIT*and i forgot to say when i posted this today that (in the past)

I purchased a large Desk Calendar. (they

have them at the dollar store sometimes) and marked my days i

planned for activities. so they kids weren't harassing me about what

day we were doing things.they could look to see what movies we were

seeing, who we had play dates with. and what fun things we had

planned. and it didn't mess up my regular calendar. it was just for

summer activities with the kids. ** i color coded it, and put it where

they could look at it. *EDIT*


Special shout out to Alicia. my fave sister in law, and Aaron.for typing

up this fun stuff Summer Fun Doc. Alicia had to help compile this for

her enrichment and i had to do it for mine, Thanks to all the bloggers

that submitted stuff. too.


here are100 fun things to do in the summer from Becky(she's private

sorry). thanks for sharing this.


Andrea has a fabulous point system for summer. she uses pennies, in

individual jars, my sister in law Alicia -was going to use tickets(you

can buy a roll a walmart) adjust it to fit your kids age level, or the

points to suit you . also there is another ticket system version at

Executive Homemaker here

she has some great chore charts too.


and i love The idea door for her chore charts also


Here is a basic Chore chart, you can use with stickers, or make your

own but you get the idea. this one was made by Jenn


There are tons of fun thing you can google too. don't be shy google is

your friend.try summer crafts, fun summer activities, add in your city

or state. and see what that gets you.


**I might have more. i'll add later.


and here is the link to the original post for summer fun ideas. where there are comments. check it out.

ALSO- I'm starting a weekly blog post challenge for the kids on their blogs- which are now private. they have to post on a given topic. so it counts as a creative writing assignment. it earns points at my house.
easy stuff like -
best Birthday ever?
a time when you were scared?
if you could be any animal what would you be?

if anyone wants in. then let me know and i'll post it.

19 comments:

Susie said...

I like 100 fun things! Thanks for sharing I just printed the lists.

Oh, I've missed you--I feel like I've been gone for a month, and I think it might be a week--2 at most?

Anyway, good to be back--you are looking good over here!

Leslie said...

Great List...I never thought of camping in the back yard, thats a great idea...

onehm said...

FUN! Thanks!

Micah and Jen said...

You are so sweet to share!

Crissybug said...

Thanks again for doing all the hard work and compiling! I look forward to doing some of this stuff this summer!

Anonymous said...

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU FOR SUNDAYYYYYYYY!!!!" Don't you just love getting older...."NOT!!!"

Well, just remember my favorite saying; "your as young as you feel, or look for that matter..(hee,hee!!) Thank you for stopping in to visit me today and come back again on Friday OK;-)) I will stop by to see you on Sunday, are you doing a post for your B~day? I hope so, let me know!!

Hugs,
Jeannene

Anonymous said...

wow-I think I am going to have to come visit Arizona! Way more to do than here in Colorado!!

Mamarazzi said...

SO. Much. Fun. Stuff.

i need to jump on board the chore thing. i am not consistant enough with J, she keeps her bedroom, bathroom and gameroom so clean that i forget to assign chores...i need to do that!

Ruth Anne said...

I loved the summer fun doc. So many ideas, now I just have to sit down and put it in my calendar.

Anonymous said...

It's like you've answered my prayers! Fab links and ideas. I have six more days until the kids are out of school. I'm starting to get that anxiety of what-will-I-do-with-you for three whole months! AACH! Thanks so much for posting.

Cecilia said...

Thanks for the ideas!!! You're FAB!

Jen said...

YAY!! Thanks for posting this. I just hit Wal Mart for all my point reward stuff, and over dinner we discussed with the boys, it was a HUGE hit all around and Corbin is so excited to earn things, and Jeff liked the idea of it all too.

Andrea said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE all the many wonderful ideas!! Looks like I'm not going to be the only 'Hitler-with-a-point-system' this summer! ha ha. My kids are SO looking forward to earning their points again. I just think it's too funny!! It keeps them on track, plus I'm going to Teaching Tools to get some workbooks for the kids to work on each day. Just so they don't forget what they've just worked so hard learning!!

BTW - the girls had a ton of fun today! We need to get them together LOTS this summer, and the boys too!! I'm so glad you live so close!! I think this is going to be a great summer!! I'm actually looking forward to it. :)

kay said...

i am loving you for posting all of this. and i'm going to have big c start a blog just because of your idea. awesome!! you so rock!!

andrea said...

Awesome ideas, thank you! I love the calendar idea, and the writing on their blogs as an assignment, that's downright brilliant! YOU should get extra points for that one.

The point systems are great ideas. I know myself too well though, and that takes too much organization for me to pull off....but if it gets too bad, I might consider it! :)

I can't believe summer is here...guess I better get a quick grip on life since the 3 months of driving mom crazy starts now!

Cecily R said...

You (and everyone else who contributed to this) are BRILLIANT. That's all I have to say about that...

Lindsey said...

Love the ideas. Lindsey has a blog too (its also private) I would love your creative writing tips!

Nat Nat said...

WOW great list, Thanks for sharing all that! I would love to join the kids blog challenge. What a great way to get them talking and journaling. Totally Fab!

Frolicking Night Owl said...

i'll have to read all these ideas and actually plan something to do with my kids. i don't know how to get the enthusiasm up to get three kids ready and out of the house ... don't know how you do it wiht six! we really should get out more now that the weather is nice and now that nolan isn't nursing as often we have a little more freedom too.

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............