Tuesday, July 1, 2008

FLABBERGASTED! a couple more randoms for today.

Just a couple things.

#1.

last night i went To TJMAXX/Homegoods! love it as always. i was shopping for Hope's birthday and yet found nothing birthday-ish for my soon to be 4 year old. her requirements for her birthday? "Something pretty", and" something GIANT" (hands extended over head to show how big)
i saw nothing i had to have or that i thought fit her requirement of pretty. i guess i was feeling cheap. and really Giant? is NEVER HAPPENING! we have far too much crap and too many kids for giant gifts for birthday's

the part that left me FLABBERGASTED?

HALLOWEEN DECOR! on shelves NOW!

school supplies are coming NEXT and it's flipping me out. but HALLOWEEN? are you kidding me?

**they did have THE CUTEST precarved white pumpkin with the words "witchy woman" and it lit up, like a fake Jackolantern. UM YEAH! that is SO ME! $9.99. i may kick myself later for not getting that.


#2.

i bought a new metal spray bottle for doing hair at the dollar store yesterday. it was pink, i was a dollar. i needed it. so i bought it .

i saw it sitting on the high chair today, no other thoughts about it. So when i finally decided to wet down my nasty slept with wet head hair today, i used the sink and then the spray bottle. it smelled a little fruityish. but didn't think much of it, thought maybe it was reactivating my new shampoo .

so then i did Hope's hair. spray it , smelled fruity . Hmmm, odd!

Liberty walked up and informed me

Liberty:"that's not water."

ME: "WELL , What is it then?"

Liberty: "soda , Dr. Pepper"

Me: "regular or diet? and which genius did that? ''

Liberty: "it's diet. i don't know who put it in, it wasn't me, but i saw Paxton drinking out of it so we did too. "

Fantastic! so the next time you notice a fruity fresh smell coming from my hair. yeah it's the diet in the spray bottle, thank goodness it was diet. regular would leave it sticky and crunchy. FOXY for sure.

#3.

mysteriously the" i'd love to"- jar was on the edge of the freezer and just fell off. DANG IT! i have to go clean up glass.


hope you are having a FABULOUS TUESDAY!


oh and i found some crazymamaesque prize items, for the one lucky random winner of my delurking prize! WHOOHOO! you have until Thursday to offically comment on the roll call post to enter. only the comments on that post enter you. did you enter yet? don't miss out.


post signature

16 comments:

Amy said...

Didn't you know that diet is the NEW leave in conditioner.EEEWWW! Ummm..Halloween I'm not ready for that.

Vidal's Nest said...

You had me cracking up at the at least it's diet comment!
I'd probably be pissed they wasted my diet and not dad's regular!
Since I love soda so much I guess if you had to smell like something that's not a bad thing to smell like!
Hope sounds a bit like my girls. SOmething pretty is always the one requirement!

Meredith Ferrin said...

Julie..your kids crack me up! They are hilarious...who would think to put diet pop in a spray bottle.....You are going to have so much fun looking back at your blog and all the funny things they did!

SuperCoolMom said...

I was thinking kool-aid, so at least they've learned the diet lesson well!

blah, blah by lindsey said...

ok is it bad that i am laughing at that?? hopefully it will just rinse out of the bottle.

Jenifer said...

I never thought of incorporating soda into my beauty regiment. What a fabulous thought! I can drink it, wear it, and smell like it too!

M said...

While visiting my Parents in Colorado, I went with my Mom to Hobby Lobby (thanks for the Hobby Lobby update). They had Christmas Decor!!! It wasn't even July yet when I saw it!

Cecilia said...

You crack me up...... or should I say...your kids crack me up!!! HILARIOUS!

Nat Nat said...

Too Funny! My kids put the strangest things in the spray bottles. So glad I am not alone. You may be onto the secret for the best hair gel ever. LOL

I love halloween but not ready for it to be in stores yet. yikes!

Allison said...

I'm still laughing too hard. It is hard to type. Kind of wonder if the FOX might like it too? Maybe he only drinks regular because he likes the sticky and crunchy.

Anonymous said...

Maybe Dr.Pepper in the hair isn't a bad thing...it'll just justify why I have so-o much of it stocked in my house. (tee-hee)

tammy said...

You're kidding me? Halloween? I must go there.

Mamarazzi said...

AWESOME>>>>i love the fruity new hair spray idea...hilarious!

Are You Serious! said...

♡ I can NOT believe they have HALLOWEEN out! Oh my GOSH!!! Pretty soon the stores are just going to keep all the seasonal stuff year around!

Nice on the soda... HA... :)

Connie said...

Oh my!! I love #2!!

Andrea said...

LOVE the dr pepper spray bottle!! And on your hair? hah ahaha that's hilarious!! I guess you smelled yummy that day!!!

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............