Thursday, August 21, 2008

a couple things i am thrilled about. AND AWARDS!

Blogging. there are a few things i have REALLY enjoyed lately. alot of my blog Friends are on the same page as me. in a few different ways.

  • with kids. it's often same crap different day/house/kids. but we are often on the same page with discipline, school, stages, illness.
    i really appreciate knowing that other people do the same things over and over again. fight the same fights as me daily, or weekly or monthly. and that they struggle too. or have the same success.
  • i like going to blogs that i identify with on some level , and discovering we are on the same level in other ways. i just had my 11th anniversary this year, and like that we have more in common than i realize sometimes, like all the bloggers also celebrating 11 years of wedded bliss. I LIKE SEEING IT SPELLED OUT. it's a fun surprise to discover that.
  • i like that some people are amazingly talented. and they share that talent.
  • i love when someone posts about music that i find i like too. thanks for sharing. i have snagged more than a few "new to me" fave songs off others play lists. and i hear pretty regularly that other people love mine.
  • i super love to read about others embarrassing moments. and can't help myself and share a few of mine. more than a few. but still. funny. and maybe they give you a glimpse of perspective about me. OR make your life come off as better than mine.
  • i love the support i have received from my "Friends" . the validation. the kind words. the shared experiences. the camaraderie. the sympathy, and the cheers for simple success. thank you for that. and i hope i give some of those good things back to you with my comments.
I think you are RAD! and with that thought i am giving out my own award to any reader that wants to snag it.

copy and paste the award button and rules for giving away the "YOU ARE RAD AWARD" .
1. Link to Crazymamaof6 @ Truly Delightful in Every Way!?! where the award originated from.
2. Link back to the person that gave the award to you.
3. pass the award on by linking to anyone you want, stating why you think they are RAD.
4. feel RAD, knowing that you are RAD to someone that is equally Rad. Have a RAD day!


~~


So recently I've received a couple of awards which i love. and it always makes me feel super cool to get some blog love from my blog friends
~~


1st thanks Mamarazzi. for the kind words. and this award.

this is what she said about me. -
Crazy Mama of 6 this girl makes me laugh. AND she is super creative, seriously if you have not seen the adorable lunch bags and re purposed backpacks she made for her kids yet, click on over there...AWESOME, pure awesome. I also feel like she and i are friends, we have shared many an email and i feel close to her even though she is so far away.

i totally feel the same way. love her! love the chats. emails, and someday we will meet! it will be FABULOUS! and she is always leaving me super fun comments that leave me feeling super cool.

so I'm sharing this one with...

ONEHM (one happy mama)- my real life friend whom i love, has compiled the ultimate of home made crafty ideas lists. for a homemade crafty Christmas. she rocks! compiling mega lists of links takes a ton of time. just making the post is TIME CONSUMING. i super appreciate it.
and the inspiration is overwhelming. if i get started now i may have a chance to maximize my moolah. and have a spectacular Christmas.

Vidal's nest.- Lori keeps it real. she tells it like it is. and i think she is awesome in real life and on the blog. i feel a special bond to her. we have a ton in common. crazy mamas , lots of kids. i like to read her blog she makes me feel normal. she is even brave enough to go to lunch with me MORE THAN ONE TIME! i know! BRAVE!

i love Hope and Believe! it's one of my fave blogs to look at. for 2 reasons. two best friends do it together. a photo blog that they share their stuff with each other on. i don't feel obligated to comment there. just enjoy what they put out there. and move on. there is something fab about that. especially when i feel harried and wanna keep up but don't have time to comment. plus you get snippets of their everyday blogs here too! they usually go into more depth about whatever it is on the regular blogs. but i kind of like the snippet version. and i love not feeling obligated to stroke egos, since really it's between them, and they just share. I've even participated on a challenge or two. I'm not photographer. but it's fun. true bloggy goodness.

Leslie! love her blog. she found me awhile back from her sister in law. or actually i commented first when she was a new blogger. and I love her comments. and her posts. she is fabulous. and holy cow i won the freaking cutest bag from her. i haven't gotten it but can't wait to. we still need to meet and do lunch. turns out i used to hit on her older brother. and we went to the same high school but didn't know each other. i feel a bond to her. i think it's the bunch of kids. and of course she comments regularly and posts often (like daily) and i love that! and she keeps it real. like she struggles too sometimes, and doesn't gloss over it and hide it. i like to know other struggle like me. but she doesn't whine. amazing combo.

i love diaper diva! she has the cutest kids. loves them. and is so amazing! she does super cute lay outs. and life may not always be peachy keen but she isn't a whiner. she tells it like it is , on her blog and in real life. I'm so glad I've gotten to know her over the last year on the blog and in real life. she inspires me to look for the good in the day. and in my kids. i appreciate her sharing some of her struggles with us. and she is so fun to know in real life. she gets the same kind of rude people i do making mean comments about her kids. and really I'm so glad it isn't just me.

~~


and From Jenn!
she said:
I swear sometimes I leave her site with pain in my cheeks from smiling and laughing. Hilariously funny. What a fun take on life!

Thanks Jenn! you are a fave commenter of mine, and i am proud to call you friend. her hairdo tutorials are amazing! here at Girly Do's and i feel super cool saying that i am blog friends with her! and i swear hers are the best out there. she has the cutest stuff, and step by step instructions , and she gives enough info that even i can do some of them. i don't have her skills but i try. my girls love to look and pick a style to try. i try, but almost always give up. when i do succeed i get tons of compliments. which i love.
her family blog is too cute. she takes lots of pictures. and before and afters. and you can tell she loves her family. which is GREAT! love to see that.

so who to give it to?
the rules:
The award comes with these rules: 1. The winner can put the logo on their blog. 2. Link to the person you received your award from. 3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs. 4. Put links of those blogs on yours. 5. Leave a message on the blogs you've nominated. 6. Write an acceptance speech in the style of the Academy Awards, thanking every body’s mother, father, sister, brother, aunties and uncles and the kitchen staff at your favorite restaurant! So...I nominate the following great blogs (in no particular order)-

oy! 7?

Andrea at the Dickinson's !
love her in real life. love her blog. glad she posts. and she shares fab digiscrap freebies sometimes. my kids love her kids. and i think she is awesome! she posts great lay outs. and designs for DSO. and Last week she redid (cleaned/organizes) her kids rooms. inspiring! she overhauled! it was the perfect back to school project. especially after a long summer with dirty kids rooms. i KNOW how that goes. and no kids to helping makes it a much easier project. she has me wanting to over haul some areas in my house.

Tammy!~ time flies.
love her blog. glad she blogs, love to get comments from this friend, and to hear about her life. i only see her once a month but it feels like so much more since we blog. she rocks. love Tammy!

Sherry! is a newer blogger. she found me from a few links on several blogs she frequented. turns out. we went to the same H.S. and she is NICE. not the girl that i mistakenly thought she was. and she liked me anyway even though i accused her of not being nice to me in H.S. she is NICE. and i figured out the girl that wasn't! whew! that was a relief! she posts. keeps it real, comments lots. and even replies to comments. i consider her a friend these days. and even have a lunch date set up! awesome!

Angie at Seven clown circus. she's a FAB writer. she has a HUGE following. and she has sent more than a few awesome bloggers my way. which i gotta love. she has adorable kidlets. and fabulous taste in everything.

Cecily! @ my Chaos my Bliss! she is RAD! love her blog, love her pictures, love calling her my friend( even though we've never met). i feel a special bond to her. and really that's rare for me.
she is a FANTASTIC writer. everything she writes amazes me.

Over the Tipsy Top Design! love this site! holy cow the mod podge and glitter alone, speaks to me. it beckons in ways i can't even explain, but i super love tons of the stuff they post about. i am still aiming to make my own over the tipsy top glitter fabulous cup! it will happen, in fact I've been fighting the urge for days to do it. i have my supplies, i just need some kid free time. hmm the middle of the night right now is FREE! anyway. love the tipsy girls blog. and i wish i was a smidgen as cool as them. TALENTED! wow!

Crystal - from the Mixed-Up Files of Crystal
. i love her! she is RAD! we have had some chats, some emails, and i miss her freaking posts honestly. get back on the wagon lady! her blog is an utter delight when she is posting, she posts hilarious funny videos on Fridays. she is a DOMESTIC GODDESS with an extensive sprinkle collection. seriously FABULOUS! oh and her baby is DARLING! what did she name him? he's flipping CUTE!

dang i almost forgot my acceptance speech.
DON'T MISS THIS PART! it's the BEST !

Thank you to all the bloggers that made this possible for me! That read my silly blog, and the random mutterings of a crazymama daily. I appreciate you, and the time you take to read it, and comment. Thank you to my husband who cooks dinner and does dishes, without whom i would not be crazy or a mama. a special Thank you to him, for tolerating my blogging obsession and for understanding my freakish feelings of validation i get from blogging. Thank you to my children who don't do their homework or chores, so i don't have to share my computer with them, without that i would never get a moments peace on the computer. Thank you for slacking enough that i get unlimited computer time lately. Thank you to my little people, that entertain themselves and go potty alone without my help. Thank you for being happy with fruit snacks for lunch and chips you get for yourselves out of the pantry. Thank you for fetching my beverages for me too, without which i would be suffering from caffiene headaches, and mind numbing exhaustion. Thank you to cable television and for the hours of endless cartoons geared toward toddlers, without you my children would be climbing the walls, making messes in the bathroom, and spilling water on the floor, while i ignore reality and blog. Thank you to the dogs that come in and clean up under the dinner table, so i don't have to waste time sweeping, which leaves me more time for commenting. Thank you! without these things blogging would not be possible, or at least alot more difficult!


post signature

27 comments:

SuperCoolMom said...

You are RAD!

Over The Tipsy Top Design said...

Thank-you Thank-you Thank-you!!! Our First Award and we are Honored!! Your blog is fantastic! Thanks for always making comments, it's great to know someone out there is interested! Send us a picture when you get your cup done!
Thanks again for the award it's so exciting!
Love, The Tips Girls

Leslie said...

Ok I could have swore I left a comment? Hmmm...well I must be loosing it or maybe I left it on another post or someone elses blog...he he he.

Anyway, Thanks for the award. You are truley Awesome...and I totally love your acceptance speech. That totally cracked me up.

Oh I stole your RAD too!!

Mamarazzi said...

YAY!! i am totally taking that award...cuz, um..i am RAD!

i am looking forward to passing it on!

tammy said...

What did we do before blogging?? Thanks sweetie - love you back!

Claremont First Ward said...

How rad is this? Loving it! I loved your thoughts on blogging......thanks for your kind words about me, and for the award.

Jenifer said...

What a great post! I actually attribute a lot of my happiness to blogging. How great to know people are out there just like me and I love making new friends this way. So much less intimidating!

KATE said...

I Love it all! I especially love your acceptance speech! You're the best!

Jamie said...

THANK YOU!!!!! You are way to nice!You are a superstar, that speech ROCKED!!!!

Vidal's Nest said...

Awww. Thanks Julie! My first award!
Your acceptance speech was AWESOME!
Had me cracking up!

Vidal's Nest said...

Oh, and I am totally gonna snag the Rad award. I'm actually feelin kind of rad today! How Rad is that?

andrea said...

You are hilarious.....loved the speech!

Anonymous said...

just found you/love you/blogrolled you.

ps - I used to say Rad a LOT when I was in high school and this brought me back, in a good way!

KayDee said...

Sooo Funny! I love the acceptance speach!

kay said...

you crack me up!

thanks for being you and loving blogging. you make my day!

Andrea said...

No, You are RAD!!!

You received some AWESOME awards because you ROCK lady!!! You are the one who started me blogging & am so happy that I did! LOVE LOVE reading your blog! You always crack me up!

LOVE your acceptance speech! I was laughing so hard! *thanks for not doing homework so I can have computer time* hahahaha

THANKS for passing on an award to ME! You're the BESTEST!!! And I always love your comments! Blogging is so FUN & I love finding people with similar situations too!!

luv ya xoxo~
*me*

Shannon said...

Congrats on all of your fab awards! Totally deserved. I laugh out loud and love your creativity too. I am with you on the things you love about blogging. The sense of community is my favorite part. Oh and validation when this motherhood job doesn't really offer much. Glad we can give it to each other!

Casey's trio said...

Ha-Ha...love the acceptance speech. Congrats on your awards!
Thanks for your comment on my guest post over at Angie's:)

carrhop said...

Congrats on your awards and for spreading the love to some awesome blogs--I'm looking forward to perusing who you have raved about!

Thanks for your comments on our anniversary! And while, yes, I do have 8 to your 6, check out the age range--I have big kids helping me out while you have the proverbial stairsteps--I'm the one who is SO impressed!!!

Blessings!

sherry said...

My first award! I am so honored. I love love love the acceptance speech. Frankly, it intimidates me.;) Now how am I going to write a good enough acceptance speech to accept my award....

Trish said...

Okay, you really are RAD! Ya know when there are too many yummy goodies on the floor of my car, under the seats, etc, I just let my dog in to clean up the mess. And I am proud of it!!! You're awesome, and I LOVE the blog. And of course, you really do have wonderful taste in music and incredible talent with crafts (something I do not do at all unless it requires a whisk and an oven). Love ya!

janna said...

I might not comment daily, but I love to read your blog!!!

You are the one who is RAD!!!!




& I am glad the rash went away!

Janna

Cant Hardly Wait said...

hahaha! You are so funny! I love reading your blog, it let's me know I'm not the only one who lives among a circus.

onehm said...

WOW! I feel honored to be honored twice with my personal AND daily photo blog. You are one of my very best friends, Jules!
I love that I never feel judged by you. ALWAYS feeling the love from CrazyMama! Thanks for being kind always and for making me feel like I am great.
I love your blog and can't wait each day for the next post. Your point of view is refreshing and honest and I love it!! :)
Thanks for blogging...you deserve ALL of these awards EVERY day!

Cecily R said...

Ah, Crazy. You are a gem. Thanks for the nice things you said. We ARE bonded. And who cares if we haven't met. We ARE friends! Thanks so much for the RAD award!

And your thankyou speech? Especially the part to your kids? Classic. And HILARIOUS!

Jenn said...

LOL- see what I mean --- Acceptance speach ---- cheeks hurting!

Nat Nat said...

Oh you are totally RAD! and the this is the best part is sooo the best part. I felt like I was in my own head. Only instead of blogging as much as I want to I neglect them so that I can sit my butt on the couch and wish I were sleeping. LOL

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............