Monday, September 1, 2008

wanna see my loot? OH YEAH! i got a ton of stuff today.


seriously? SAVERS TODAY was like a party. bloggers galore. Andrea, Ashley, Becky, Jen my sister Maria, and my sister in law Alicia, and her sister and mom! FUN FUN!


i was having a fab time and feeling really bold and yelling across the racks ,"hey Ashley? would you want this? looks just right for sweet G!" and "Jen HEY! i found this! you want it? "

"OH i'll get that if you aren't" was said a couple times.

We all walked away with an abundance of bargains. i wandered around with a mountain of a cart!

i left at noon,

with 137 items.

and a grand total of .............................(it's at the bottom, keep reading)



The boy's got a boat load of not exciting to look at T shirts(gap , old navy , children's place, lands end, billabong,quicksilver, op,Nike) 2 skater/surfer hoodies(Hurley and Quicksilver) , some shorts, and a couple pair of pants each, and 9 long sleeved shirts for winter. and a black suit for Peyton. Oh and a vest for Paxton's Halloween "Nick Jonas costume". Oh and some brand new looking Gap pajama's
~~
Liberty got some comfy knit dresses.




Liberty modeling her Jessica Mcklintock satin dress. $3 bucks
a pink corduroy skirt suit for school
Oh and all of this crap!
miniskirts, 2 pairs of jeans, 2 other pairs of pants, one pair of shorts, 3 jackets (1 cropped denim, one plaid, and one knit hoodie), a bunch of long sleeved and 6 short sleeved tops, a halloween t-shirt.
~

Joy's loot.
3 t-shirts, 4 long sleeved tops, 2 sweaters, 1 denim dress, 2 pairs of jeans, 3 pairs of capris,
Joy's old navy dress.
Joy's Cashmere sweater! that cost a buck!
Oh and it's dry clean only! yeah genius for a 6 year old. but still cute.
(fyi cashmere comes from a goat. i didn't know for sure we had to google it.)



Hope's loot
1 J. LO L/S tee, 1 Gap denim Jacket (i think i'll glam up), and 1 Guess denim dress, 1 pair of milo and Maddie brand new sneakers, and 1 black patent mini skirt from Gymboree.

J.Lo topGap denim Jacket

Pierce's loot=
1 old navy tee, 2 gymboree fleece jackets, 1 plaid button up shirt,
1 long sleeved T that said Genius in Training. and 4 pairs of jeans.

Oh and i got tons of books. some kid ones, some sci-fi, some fantasy, some trashy romances, and some fun ones.


4 pairs of shorts for Lance, a bunch of t shirts, and polos.

i get to take back a butt load of stuff he said he didn't like or was too small. and a couple pairs of pants that didn't fit Hope, or were way too big for Liberty.



Grand Labor day total?

$224.47

54 items were $1.50!

20 items were $2.00

10 items were $3.00

32 items were $1.00

and the rest were another price .

the least i paid for anything was 14 cents. for a joke book.

i paid $5 for one pair of Lance's shorts. my MOST EXPENSIVE ITEM!


so we'll see how much the stuff that i take back is worth. lots of Lance's stuff was the $3 items, so i may load up on more books, or look around in the kids section more. Oh or Halloween, i didn't spend anytime there today.

i believed i needed to stock up because i feel that savers regular prices aren't cheap enough after shopping 50% off day. and the next one isn't until Presidents day. that's way too long to wait to get winter stuff, today was the day! so i stocked up for everyone. (everyone except me.i haven't found much i want there,besides purses and wallets.)

so I am totally wiped out. i got up at 7:15 , was shopping by 8 am , shopped for 4 hours, came home, made everyone try everything on, (including Lance who wasn't all that thrilled about trying his crap on), and sorted it all out, in kids, winter or regular clothes, and took pictures. just for you.


I have to say after the adventure shopping, and the obligatory family try-on/whine session I'm feeling rather under appreciated by my family. it takes alot of effort to bargain shop like this, and i was met with whining about trying on, and "he/she got more than me" comments. i admit the big kids always get more just because they don't have clothes stockpiled waiting for them to grow into like the little kids do. of course the big ones will get more. duh! and as soon as they grow out of something the younger ones inherit the earth, actually a new wardrobe, but as much as some people whine about it you'd think it was the earth and not just an old handme down dress, or t-shirt. OY! i. am. beat.


so now aren't you exhausted too?

have an opinion on the bargains?



Oh and my secret strategy, i go back in the evening later today, and return the crap that didn't work out, and buy more crap at 50% off. before the sale is over. and tonight a certain color tag will be 70% off tonight from 7-9 pm. HELLO! i guess i'm going between 6:30 and 9 tonight.

i'll let you know how much my return was, and if i find anything spectacular tonight.

you are waiting with baited breath. i. am. sure.

**EDITED WITH DETAILS OF THE EVENING DELIGHTS! **

OK the grand total of the exchange for 11 items was $29 bucks.

Then i bought 19 new to me items. (lots of Gap, Limited too, urban pipeline,Bongo, Nike, and Children's place. and some apple bottoms )

and ended up paying $4.33.

bringing the total for the day at Savers for 2 trips worth to $229.00.

and i actually bought a skirt for me. long denim, from my fave fat lady store, Lane Bryant. and a Torrid silver sequin top. yes! FABULOUS! i hit the jackpot for sure. and NO there won't be pictures of me modeling it for you. but if someday i wear it out, and have a picture taken of me i'll be sure to tell you it was the Savers find. feel good? great!

Oh and the color tag for the evening bargain was GREEN. 70% off everything with a green tag.

i had 5 or 6 green tag items. whoohoo on that.

yes. it was a successful day for sure.

and yes i feel SUPER CLASSY advertising my shopping adventures at a thrift store.

you'd never know looking at my kids the majority of their clothes come from Savers.

and seriously since tons of it looks brand new and has tags on it. um yeah i know some mom bought her kid new clothes, the kids refused to wear them, and the mom then donated them to Savers. thus letting me buy dang cute stuff at a FRACTION of the price. why pay retail?

oh and this IS considered recycling. whoohoo on that too. maybe buying used clothes makes up for the abundance of paper plates added to landfills weekly by my family? yup! i sure feel better now. almost green!


i'm not cheap, just Eco friendly!

yeah i'm cheap. eco friendly is just a bonus.

post signature

32 comments:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

I am CRAZY impressed but exhausted just reading about it. What's SAVERS? I've never heard of that store.

Hallie

Crazymamaof6 said...

Savers is a thrift store not unlike Goodwill, or Salvation army. anything donated to the boy's and girls clubs goes to Savers here.

it's also called Value Village in other states or Canada or something.

50% off day is usually on a national Holiday like labor day, Veterans day, Presidents Day, and Memorial day. last year they did one mid summer for 4th of July and this year they didn't so this is why the stocking up was necessary!

Andrea said...

WHEW!! Brought me back to this morning's hustle & bustle just reading about it! haha

LOVE your loot!!! You made out like a bandit! Can't wait to see what *tag* is even cheaper tonight! Well, I can't go, but am dying to see what YOU get!!

Good Luck & have more FUN!!!

sherry said...

Way to go! It really makes you feel like you have accomplished something when you save money, doesn't it? I was so glad you showed all of your loot and I could kind of live vicariously through you. I really wanted to go, I have never been, but got to spend most of the day inthe hospital. Fun!

SuperCoolMom said...

I went with a friend from 1-4 pm and came out great. I was low budget and tried to keep it under $20 - spent 19.45! 3 tops for Sade (Holister, Old Navy, Banana Republic), 1 skirt for E., 1 skirt for me, 1 skirt to refashion 'cause it was so cool I couldn't resist, and 1 top that will be the most awesome viking/Legolas/Peter Pan/Robin Hood tunic ever! (Tan with fur, leather, brass studs, etc)!

AutoSysGene said...

Oh man, you guys are making me wish I had one of these around the corner! That is quite the deal you got there today!

Jenn said...

wow- I have nothing to say except I wish I was as good as you!!! WOW!

sandi said...

holy crap! where is savers? I wanna go!

Claremont First Ward said...

Wow. Just wow.

Jenifer said...

You are a super duper shopper. I was worn out just reading about it!

andrea said...

You. are. hilarious!

I went to Savers today! I didn't see you there....of course, it was afternoon, and I am in Utah....

We went for the Halloween loot....and got all the little kids done! I have NEVER done it this early, and frankly, it feels fabulous! Riley isn't done, but she's 14 and usually doesn't decide she's gonna dress up until 2-3 days before. Then we throw something together.

Didn't get in on the 50% off love though since the kids went for the new costumes. Oh well. I didn't even go back to see if there were clothing possibilities....with DI so big up here in Utah, I'm betting that it's different. I don't know, I'll have to go back again when I have time to really look.

Good job to you! Hope tonight was productive as well! :)

Devri said...

Next time women I am going to send some moola your way and your going to grab anything cute from size 10 and down.. then I will pay your 500 for your time, and my time not wasted on shopping for the family...

great job women.. You are like miss popularity everytime I get on, everyone is on here too, and a whole group I don't know.. Guess I should mingle with your group so I can feel important too ;)

Jamie said...

I am waiting I love a good deal and I am super impressed with your skills!!!

Cecily R said...

YOu kicked my butt this morning!! I only spent about $50.

You cleaned house woman!! That is one RAD impressive haul!!

Jen said...

I want you to know I read that post WORD for WORD, even though I was with you and talked to you shortly after you were done ;)! You did awesome!! My boys liked pretty much everything, there were 2 things that didn't fit, but not worth me returning and my books were a HIT! It was so much FUN!

goingsome said...

Oh, how fun. I love a great deal and hate paying retail. I was just thinking that I need to visit Savers. Guess I am a day late.....Oh, well, there may still be bargains out there. Isn't it funny how you get jaded, the more money you save, the more the you want it for less. Good going girl. Super cute. I love the Jessica McClinktock dress for $3. Can you say "smokin' deals"!!!!!!!!!!! I love that.

michelle said...

I am TOTALLY impressed! I can't believe the loot you got! Ashley had mentioned to me, that you were going to take a trip to Saver's, on Labor Day. I say you did youor Labor for your family. :) Your kids always look right out of a magazine, to me. Your doing something right! :)

Nat Nat said...

WOW you made out like a bandit! You freaking crack me up. I love how you write. I think the Jessica McKlintock dress was the best deal of the day. Way stinking cute!! I am also cheap and look at you going all green. (even if by accident. LOL)

Inspired I am totally going on presidents day. And please post when you glam up the jacket. I want to see.

When I grow up I want to be crazymama!!!!!

kay said...

WOW!!!!! totally impressed. way to shop! wish we had one of those around here!

Lainie said...

You must've been at a different Savers than I was at. I love that place. I was in by 8:00 and out by 9:30. What a rush! I only spent $45.00. I could've spent more if I had more time!

Shannon said...

Love it!! You did awesome. I love to go to the thrift store. Its the thrill of the hunt, the joy of a great find and the elation of paying close to nothing for it. There are so many treasures out there and spending tons of money on brand new clothes is just silly. Great work!

Becky said...

What a FUN and CHEAP way to outfit the whole family!! Thanks for dropping by my blog to say "hi!" So nice of you :) I love your keeping it real blogging style. Way to "reduce and reuse". We should have a whole uses more paper plates contest sometime. Everytime I throw mine away (after every meal) I think, I hope these things biodegrade fast!

Have a great one :)

sandi said...

TAG!

List 3 joys, 3 fears, 3 obsessions/collections, 3 surprising facts and then tag five other people. Leave a comment for the people you tag so they know they have been tagged.

Are You Serious! said...

♥ Those are awesome deal! Way to go!!! :)

Anonymous said...

W-O-W. I am impressed!!!! You totally got good deals. I will have to go there next time they have a great sale.

jayna said...

wow. you are the queen yo. that was amazing. i wonder if there is a savers around me. i'll have to look. loved how much stuff you got.

~Lori said...

HoLy ScOrE!!! Love those deals!

Katie said...

WOW! Way to go. I'm all about the bargain hunting.

Leslie said...

I think you did great!! Maybe I should try that on the next sale..

We have those red Snowman PJ's and love the black dress!!

Pennies In My Pocket said...

HOLY COW!! That's my kind of shoppin'!!! Fantastic...I wish I could have been there with you!

Found your blog via the Blog Trip...glad I did, I love it here! :)

~melody~

janna said...

awesome shopping score!

I wish we had savers

Anonymous said...

WOW Wish I had a Savers near me! That Jessica McLintock is so cute! I love finding things that are new to me.

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............