Monday, October 6, 2008

just one more thing. another example of why i am NOT mother of the year.

imagine if you will ...

a crazy 2 year old entertaining himself in the backyard. coming in and out as he pleases. all morning long. he brought me the pair of loping shears. and assorted other tools he found (that dad hasn't put away)

he brought the dogs in and out.

he slammed the door continuously for 10 minutes taunting me and the dogs. and threatening to slam his fingers in the door.

and then the inevitable happened. DUN dun DUN

the crazy 2 year old managed to open the back yard gate.

Luckily dad heard the gate open and close while inside his office next to the Gate.and rushed in to tell me.

i hurried outside to check and see if the gate was open. and it was shut. sweet relief.

UNTIL! i hear the crazy 2 year old yelling at the dog and rounding the corner, chasing 2 dogs in his diaper down the street carrying a wire bending tool.

If i had a camera. there would have been pictures. i called the dogs back, and then Pierce came running home too.

JUST ONE MORE REASON WHY I'M NOT THE MOTHER OF THE YEAR!


and yes i did the dishes

post signature

16 comments:

Hesses Madhouse said...

This is the BEST!!! And they say we'll miss it when all the kids grow up....hmmmm.

I once wrote something about how I had missed my chance at being mother of the hear, and woman whom I know commented and tried to console me--thinking I was serious. I laughed and laughed about that. I'm glad someone has the same kind of humor as me. Loved your post!

GoteeMan said...

I'd still nominate ya! I think you are doing great, all things considered...

Kinda like the outdoor version of "running with scissors"?

hehe... hang in there... after all, don't forget - you are "truly delightful in every way..."

J/ (goteeman.blogspot.com)

Mamarazzi said...

LOVE IT!!

i totally love that you share these things...

Cecily R said...

That's it, Evie and Pierce ARE meant for each other!! She's broken out of jail recently too!!!

Katie said...

Your posts make me laugh. Everybody has their "things" I'm just glad that you post about yours. Spencer somehow got out of the house one day (he is only 3) and he rang our doorbell. I had no idea he was even gone. He was at the door telling me he went on a walk. I have no idea where... Just glad that he was safe.

andrea said...

Okay, I'm sorry, but I had to laugh! Escape artists...aren't they the BEST?!

Don't worry about that Mother of the Year thing....I will NEVER be invited to that party, and I'm not trying to either! :)

Cecilia said...

I so wish you had a camera at the time!!!!
You're still MOTY in my books, ok :)

SuperCoolMom said...

Next thing you know, he's going to try driving.

goingsome said...

Oh how funny. I am still giggling, but I so relate. I have my own stories too. Glad all was OK.

crystal said...

Phew! Glad to know you did the dishes...I was totally wondering.

Straight to Your Hart said...

Edward Scissor Hands comes to mind for some reason..LOL!!

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

Oh Whatever...you rock and we all know it!! I would vote for you because we all have days like this and lets face it - indepentant play is important for good brain development!

Shannon said...

Oh my, catastrophe averted! Everything in my life is telling me to watch my kids closer. We have a pond just outside of our fence so I am going to take this as a sign as well! Glad 2 year old boy is back inside safe and sound!

The Sports Mama said...

Ok, so I had a comment in mind when I read Cecily's. (don't ask me what it was... its gone now!)

It occurs to me that in a few years, none of us will need to worry about who we're getting for future in-laws. It seems we mommy-bloggers are all bringing back the Arranged Marriage thing. :) Really.... we've all, at some point or another, promised our children to someone else's kid. In fact, I believe Cecily is going to end up my Bug's mother-in-law, as well. :)

Vidal's Nest said...

The other day we had a neighbor bring Ethan..yes my 1.5 yr old back! He had gotten the door open. Even though it was locked!Nice! At least he wasn't naked right? Move over lady..I'm going for mother of the year! NOT!

Nat Nat said...

Hey, outside play time, he walked the dogs for you, sounds like you also trained him to pick up the back yard (hehehe) and you got the dishes done.. You just might be mother of the year after all. Just have to spin it right. LOL

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............