Saturday, November 29, 2008

the stupid things i do... an afternoon of shopping with 3 little kids and no stroller.

i took the little kids shopping with me today. just 3 of them.

it was STUPID (and not the cool stupid but the dumb stupid)

it frankly sucked.

Kohls didn't have the Nightgown i saw in the ad that has JOY on it. um yeah we need that. for Joy. this is our fave time of year for her. love the theme name.

but like i said it was dumb because i didn't have my giant stroller with me, and of course there were no carts. so i was dragging 3 little kids along on a worthless endeavor. all the way to the back of the store and all the way around , and back out.

but the fun didn't stop there.

we went to Old navy. in search of $5 graphic tees. i got one for each of the girls to go with their track pant outfits. but didn't love what they had for the boys and i was lacking the spending spirit since i once again was dragging 3 wild (and unruly by this time) kids through the store.

THEN we hit Avenue (it's a fat lady store) they had fabulous bargains listed on line. i talked myself into going. and getting some stuff. and by now Joy was running like a nut around the store. Pierce was doing circles around me and hiding in racks of clothes.Hope was sitting on the chair where i told her to sit bragging that she was being good and she wasn't on my bad list. and they all took a few laps around counter where the registers are. (much to the cashiers dismay) it was horrifying.

and then after i got everyone in the car and on our way i thought about my total there and realized they charged me more for my nightgown than it said it was going to be online. GAY!

i called . and she told me that sometimes advertised prices are different online. Well then. maybe i don't need that nightgown. it's not that cute. i'll try on the sweater i got too. if it's not spectacular, it's going back . (maybe this is why i don't ever go there)

i was peeved. and tired.

so when i hit Bath and body works i left the kids in the car where i could see them. and ran in for my exhange, ready to go postal on anyone that pissed me off. that store is TOO CROWDED to take wild kids into.

i had to get a freaking exhange because, i bought the 3 for $10 soap deal YESTERDAY and low and behold it's 4 for $10 today . why couldn't that girl have told me that yesterday? hmmm? i wasn't thrilled. so i took it back and re bought it to get another one. and since i didn't have my coupon for the free item with me yesterday, i got it today. YAY!

anyway. it was DUMB to go shopping. i should have waited until i could go alone.

i don't know how i shopped ALL DAY, EVERY DAY with kids before i had Hope?

somehow i DID.

but i'm not up for it anymore. or maybe these kids just aren't trained as well as my big kids were.

or maybe it's just not that fun anymore

or maybe I'm just tired still.

i should have just napped all afternoon.


Lance will be home soon.

yay.


post signature

12 comments:

onehm said...

WOW. You are one brave lady.
I would NEVER. Because I am scared.
You are my hero.

:)

Laura said...

I try to NEVER take all my kids shopping ever, I don't even take the twins anymore either. It always turns into to total mayhem. I will wait 6 months and forget and try it and have a new horrible story to tell and then I vow to not do it again...

Sorry for your reminder disasters.

tammy said...

You are brave. Or nuts. Not sure which ; )

LOTRKid! said...

Us from the wii.

Jen said...

Like I said, You are one amazing woman! I wouldn't even dared try that!

Are You Serious! said...

♥ I feel for you! I've had to take the kids to the grocery store several times and I'm sure even with the new city they know who I am and probably have me named as the psycho lady with the obnoxious kids... I can't even think about what I need to get when my kids freek out in the store. It really ticks me off...

tiki_lady said...

it could be the older kids. I took my older two but they weren't runners or yellers. They shopped and listend. The younger two OH NO! It isn't worth the hassle, the embarrassment or the trouble. I gladly would pay a babysitter.
They are old enough now, I don't have to worry about it.

Micah and Jen said...

SO true....the older ones get to go shopping and the younger ones just never do! I took Gabe to the store with me yesterday and he seemed all shocked and awed by the store...maybe because he never gets to go with me! And the girls....they'll probably never go either! Austin is my little shopping buddy! He loves it and is so good....but I hate it when the boys hide in the racks and bug all the people around them! I think that EVERY store should have a funland to drop the kids off at like IKEA....that would be a perfect world! :)

Jamie said...

Been there and I will NEVER do it again!!

Straight to Your Hart said...

Do you feel BRAVE?? Days like those I go home and back to bed!! Great effort!

Devri said...

Do it always, do it like it,

nope.

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

Don't feel bad - think of it as a memory. Soon they will be big and you will miss their creative little spirits and you can look back on this post with longing. (well, it's worth a try anyway right?)

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............