Tuesday, November 18, 2008

a whole decade older. double digits. officially a 10 year old.

Happy Birthday Peyton!

Dear Peyton,

i can't believe how fast you've grown up. it seems like just a short time ago i was holding you all day, enjoying my short time with you as the only child. dressing you like a big boy as a newborn, i was so anxious for you to grow up. and now i wish i would have enjoyed those years , and taken time to savor those baby moments more.

you are my first baby and i love you dearly.

You were the one to teach me how to be a mom. you made me an expert on ear infections. and newborn jaundice. we learned about breast feeding together and decided it wasn't for us. and you thrived on formula. and ate everything your dad gave you. you are still an awesome eater. always willing to try new things. how many kids LOVE broccoli, and beg for asparagus?

you are the perfect oldest brother. taking that position seriously.

you are a fabulous big brother when you want to be. (of course sometimes you choose to be the mean bossy big brother , i think that goes with the title of oldest)

but you can be so loving and kind to your youngest brothers and sisters and cousins. it's so fun to watch you interact with them.




you've gone along with my harebrained schemes
and let me cut your hair. ( i swear you were the coolest 2nd grader back in the day, working that mohawk.even though you didn't want it.) we totally should have colored it blue. someday we'll do it again. because i figure why rebel later when mom makes you do that as a kid? i'm testing my theories out on you.



there are so many things about you that make me proud to claim you.

You've read an insane # of books this year already. and not just cheesy little kid books but real books that teens and adults read. (Harry potter 1-7 and the Ender's Game series)

you see the logic in most things. and know the value of a dollar.

you don't ask for much, other than excessive amounts of computer time.

you are a night owl just like your dad, and can stay up all night playing a game or reading. (sneaky kid never goes to bed when i send him,or gets up at 5:00 am to play computer before school)

and you are sensitive just like your mom, sometimes crying when you get in trouble or you get worried. (you never want anyone to be disappointed in you)

you are super smart. and can do anything you set your mind to. if you take the time to do it right.

you set me straight when i let fly with the expletives. always concerned about my foul language and keeping me in line.


you've got mad skills at:
  • touching your nose with your tongue.
  • licking your own elbow(even though that is supposedly impossible)
  • Burping
  • sleeping in chairs.


You are officially 10! a whole decade old. you've reached double digits and lived to tell the tale.

you are the ideal first born. and i feel blessed to call you my son.

Hope your 10th birthday is extra memorable, I love you!


♥,

Mom


post signature

18 comments:

Cecilia said...

Happy Birthday Peyton! I love the pictures!

BTW- That Twilight glittercup is RAD!

Mamarazzi said...

that pic of Peyton with the mohawk is RAD! i love his pokie outie ears too!!

Wendy Phelps said...

Happy Birthday Peyton! I didn't know you liked broccoli and asparagus. Haley can touch her tongue to her nose, too. Cool! You have always been super smart! We love you. We hope you have a great birthday.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Peyton!!!! What a great guy you have there and WOW he looks like Pierce when he was a baby.

Leslie said...

Hey Peyton, Happy Birthday!! Way to go on the Harry Potter books!! My 10 year old just finished #1 and he has been reading it since the begining of the school year. I hope you have a wonderful day and make lots of memories!!

janna said...

Happy Birthday Peyton!

Straight to Your Hart said...

Happy Birthday...WoW no more single digit birthdays! That was the hardest for me to grasp with my oldest..not to rub salt in!!

Hope it is a wonderful day!

tammy said...

Cute post. Happy B-day to him!

p.s. Connor loves his veggies too.

Are You Serious! said...

♥ Cute pictures! I hope that he has a great Birthday!!! :)

Cecily R said...

Happy Birthday kiddo!!

Julie, you've been a mama for a whole decade...isn't that just so weird to think about? I kind of wigged out when Isaac turned ten.

By the way, it took me quite a while to read this post because Evie saw that first pic of him as a baby and wouldn't let me scroll down until she squealed "Beeebeeeebeeeebeeebeeeebeeee!!!!!" about seven dozen times. She's in LOVE.

Thanks for your nice commentes yesterday on my whiney post. It really doesn mean a TON to me. You are one RAD friend. :)

Supercool Hotmama said...

Awesome Post for an Awesome Kid!

sandi said...

Happy Birthday Peyton! What a sweet post your mom wrote to you! Sniffle....

Jen said...

LOL since I talked to you earlier I think I thought I had commented already! Happy Birthday to Peyton!!! Hope he had a fun day, and I am assuming you went to yummy Mi Amigos for dinner!

Vidal's Nest said...

Love your mohawk you were rockin peyton! happy, happy birthday!

goingsome said...

Happy Birthday Peyton. What a nice post. A nice tribute for a good kid. Good going Mom, you have done well. Keep it up.

The Sports Mama said...

Like Cec, double digits freaked me out when they hit my oldest. I double freaked when he became a teenager. I fully expect my loved ones to place a call to the boys in the pretty white coats when he hits driving age this summer.

Happy birthday, Peyton! Try to take it easy on your mama, ok? She's still learning, too. :)

Andrea said...

Awww that's such a sweet post (I got a little teary-eyed thinkin' about my oldest too)! He is SO CUTE!! Pierce looks a lot like him! LOVE that rockin' mohawk! Blue would've been AWESOME! hahaha

LOVE your sweet kids!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Peyton!!! {sorry I know I'm a day late}

tiki_lady said...

so glad you had a great birthday! sweet post!

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............