Tuesday, December 23, 2008

behold i bring you good tidings of finished craftiness.

it brings me great joy to announce the completion of ...

my FUCHSIA NUTCRACKER!

i bought him unfinished just a shell of a nutcracker earlier in the holiday season.

with big plans of finishing him to match my christmas decorations.

and today i finally finished him!

just in time for Christmas.


not only is he Fuchsia, but he's glitter fabulous too!
what more could i ask for?

he's DREAMY! i'm in LOVE!




he's even armed! with a green and silver sword.

would it be weird if i'd carry him around like my boyfriend?

i love him that much.


Oh and don't look too closely. i did have some flaws in my painting skills,

sometimes there's shoddy workmanship in this workshop!


Oh and yeah i have to craft all my own custom decorations since i can't just buy it off the rack. the one downside to having a different holiday color scheme . there is virtually NOTHING in fuchsia and lime green available. but i LOVE it so it's worth crafting it.

post signature

16 comments:

Are You Serious! said...

♥ I love it!!!!! :)

AutoSysGene said...

Holy cow!! That is awesome!!

tammy said...

I am laughing so hard at you. But I still love it. He is very cute.

tiki_lady said...

I love him and I love your color scheme. I switch my color schemes every 2 years. I want to do this too! I love those colors. Where do you get your glitters? do you order special or do you just buy at a craft store? I have got to get a nutcracker man too, just have to and I want him bare,so I can paint him and clothe him, and just spiffy him up!!! I wanna be you!!!

Jamie said...

FABULOUS!!!I love him and your wreath and the new trampoline. Fun times at your house:)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

smithfam said...

Get out! He is the cutest thing in the world! I might just have to steal him for my boyfriend. :0

Supercool Hotmama said...

He IS GorGEouS!!! Both he and your wreath are awesome!

onehm said...

YOU ROCKED THE GLITTER on this guy!
AWESOME!

Vidal's Nest said...

It turned out so cute! Fun color scheme and totally you!

Cecilia said...

I love it!!!! You're so RAD!

Micah and Jen said...

Um....the perfect man right there! He can't talk back, he is super cute all the time, and you can make him do whatever you want! :) He's adorable and I think homemade stuff is way better than the store bought stuff....so great!!!!

Debra said...

LOVE IT! What type of glue do you use for the glitter or is it glitter glue?

The Sports Mama said...

He's so very Liberace! :) And I totally admire you for crafting your own decorations. And for the neighbor gift thing. We haven't even seen that since we've lived out here, although it happened a lot when we lived in Utah. :)

sherry said...

Joy is cracking me up. ANd I am jealous of your glitter fabulous boyfriend. I want one too!

andrea said...

That is the best Nutcracker I've seen...SERIOUSLY! LOVE the glitter! I need a tutorial.....maybe I can get a shell of a nutcracker on clearance after Christmas and make one for next year....I may be asking you for instructions on the glitter.

That really is the best. I'd keep him out all year.

Jenn said...

Man- that is so sweet!!! Good job. I hope you did carry him around everywhere like your BF- He's awesome!

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............