Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Happy Christmas eve!

well it's still christmas eve eve. and I've run all day. getting little stuff done that looks like NOTHING. sounds like nothing and FEELS like nothing.

i did more cards. i still have to address a bunch and mail them out. SORRY for all my planning and good intentions, they are going to be new years cards. (they all look like this, but with added glitter) i cut around all the frame part, AND glittered around the outside of the pink, THEN some got layered on glitter paper. and some are just plain. let's be real. it was time consuming enough cutting and glittering. and that is why they aren't done. WHATEVER!

then a friend that had ordered some glitter cups emailed and asked when she could pick them up. only, i hadn't made them yet. WINNER. so tomorrow she's coming. and they'll be ready.

and while i was waiting for glitter and glue to dry between coats. i worked on my new boyfriend.(see the next post) and finally finished him.

then i made dinner (mac and cheese) and when we were done, i took my elf helper Joy to run the neighbor gifts or Christmas cards up to the doors .

so i got that taken care of. we were gone over an hour doing that. and watching her run up there, and then knock , then set it down and come running back? she was SO cute. it was the end of the day so her pony tails were lopsided and floppy, and her bows were crooked , while her jeans were a little big so she would hold onto the side to keep them up, and her other hand in her pocket, so her gumballs wouldn't fall out.watching her shuffling up to the door and back. made me realize how young she still is. she's only six. and i expect so much more from her. anyway. it was fun just the two of us. and her commentary on the christmas lights? hilarious!

"OH that one is Overdone! too much red!"

"i told you this was the one that is OVERDONE! why are we stopping here?"

"wow they have alot of lights!"

"When are we going to Ashley's?"

"OHHH! that santa was COOL!"

and assorted other things i missed in the constant flow of chattering from the back of the car.

she's fun to be with.

she is still having a hard time grasping the fact we don't celebrate hanukah! according to her math skills. if she got 8 gifts for 8 nights of hanukah she would get 64 gifts. and that sounded ideal.

"i'm going to be Jewish when i grow up! WHY AREN'T WE JEWISH!?!"

~~

today she was pretending to answer the phone..."Yellow?"just like mom, she told liberty.

only sometimes do i answer,"YEllow?"

~~

Just one more...ABOUT JOY!

i bribed her to get her hair done cute and she could be my elf helper alone to deliver packages. if she got ready . so today while washing Joy's hair...

"you can wash my hair but i don't want to repeat."(as in Lather,rinse, repeat) "just wash and Rinse!" but as i started conditioning it, she said "I SAID I DIDN'T WANT TO REPEAT!"


i haven't even begun to wrap, or charge, or find batteries. or sort anything. nothing like waiting until the last minute.

Merry Christmas! and Hey, Happy Hanukah from Joy! why not, maybe we'll play the dreidel game today too.


post signature

14 comments:

SuperCoolMom said...

Yep. Gotta charge tonight to be ready to roll tomorrow! I'm still painting and sewing, and making earrings. Wish me luck.

Devri said...

I hear ya girls.. guess what I am doing right now at almost 3:30 in the morning..

Merry Christmas Julie..

tammy said...

That is too cute about her wanting to be Jewish when she grows up! Totally made me smile.

Andrea said...

LOVE your card! I noticed you cut it out & glittered the edge! SO FABULOUS!!!! I only print & cut straight edges! I still haven't mailed mine either! UGH!!! Yep, mine are New Year's cards now too! hahaha

LOVE the gumballs! Ashley was excited to see Joy! We will have to find a day during the break to get all the kiddos together! Joy was so brave to go up to everyone's doors by herself to drop off the goodies while you stay as the getaway driver! I don't think Ashley would do that, not yet.

Wanting to be Jewish for the gifts? That's hilarious!

Hope you get everything done that you want to today!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

AutoSysGene said...

LOL! Joy is on to something I think...64 gifts...sign me up for that!

I hope you have a great Christmas!!

Messy Jess said...

Christmas just isn't the same without all the cute things they mimmick and repeat!

Merry Christmas!

Nicol said...

Sounds like you have been super busy! Hopefully things will die down enough so you can enjoy the holiday.

Merry Christmas!

Amy said...

Merry Christmas! Or Happy Hannuka to Joy! I just caught up on all your posts (I'm waiting for my oldest to fall asleep to work my magic) and I am loving all the fushia and lime decor! And I will be copying your nutcracker idea. I'm going to have to look for one on the after Christmas clearance, that is one fabulous idea!

Straight to Your Hart said...

My it has been awhile!! Still making me laugh..ahhh feels good during this last minute kind of night. Oh..wait that is my hubby..he's out shopping..JK. Merry Christmas.

janna said...

Merry Christmas Julie!

Love the nutcracker too

Wendi said...

What would Christmas be if it wasn't crazy, hectic, and chaotic, right? lol. Thank heavens it is also wonderful, right?

Hope you have a Merry Christmas.

P.S. Did I mention that I LOVE your card. And the glitter....too cute for words...

xoxo

Mamarazzi said...

love love love Joy...super love!

cute new boyfriend...he is hot!

Merry Christmas!!

Holly said...

Hope you had a great day! Merry Christmas!

crystal said...

Joy & Mimi are the same little person, in 2 different bodies. I swear! No wonder I love Joy so much :)

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............