Friday, December 26, 2008

A Truly Delightful Christmas after all...

for all of my worry and stress. Christmas was fabulous!

this was the BEST YEAR EVER!

sure i didn't have anything wrapped. or pre sorted. and it WAS 2 major late nights in a row.

and i did go non stop.

BUT it went well.

the kids were happy with their christmas eve Pj's!

Photobucket

we put them on and then went to Grandma Jones'

Photobucket

for our traditional hot cocoa and toast !

Photobucket

then there was a long night of wrapping and whatnot...

and when we woke up? SANTA HAD COME! and filled our stockings.

new sparklefabulous ones! (thanks to Uncle Gary for giving them to us for our Family gift!)

Photobucket

Photobucket

this year pierce had a hard time not wanting everyone else's stuff.

he wants Joy's horse. and decided it was just right to sit on.

Hope and Pierce were quite the pair 'riding' on the horses.

they scooted around on them for a little while.


I would never want a kitchen item for Christmas but Lance was REALLY EXCITED about this food processor.

the house was party ready just in time for the family Lunch.

after lunch...

we had an awesome 20 minutes of adult play on Guitar Hero world tour. Me on vocals, Lance played Guitar, with my brother in Law Travis on Bass,and My brother Aaron on the drums! best 20 minutes of the holiday! SO TOTALLY FUN!

then we went to Lance's mom's for dinner at 5:00. it was quite the extravaganza including dinner, white elephant gift exchange, and cookie decorating.

it was a LONG DAY!

we came home and put kids in bed, some were asleep when we got home, i played guitar hero with Liberty for a long while and then she went to bed. later i played with Lance and Peyton . with me on drums. which let me tell ya, i suck at, but i can finally finish a couple songs . yay me! it was LOADS of fun!

so yeah it was a long day. but I'd say this was my best Christmas ever!

(best in the last 3 years anyway)

ya wanna see what Santa brought me?

DARLING HUH?!?~ you can get one here too. FABULOUS! and i got some vinyl from her too! speedy fast for our siblings family gift. i'll post pictures of my "i'd love to" jar later.


i hope yours was FABULOUS too!

~~

SO do tell!

what did Santa bring you?

what was the best part of your day?

How late were you up?

did you have lots to do? or were you prepared?


post signature

15 comments:

tammy said...

Glad you had a good day! Taylor said it was the best Christmas ever too.

I was in bed early. The boys were asking and asking to go to bed, and I was prepared, just waiting for Luvpilot to come home.

smithfam said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous day! I would have to agree, it was a great Christmas here also. Crazy, but fun. Glad its over!

What a fun tradition of Hot cocoa and toast. I love that.

Rebecca Irvine said...

Our Christmas was great too. I was more prepared this year than last, so I was only up until 11 pm. The kids loved their gifts and my hubby did well with my list (first time ever!).

Cute bracelet

Sweet Notations said...

Julia, I totally adore your blog and thanks for the advertisement. Glad you had an awesome Christmas!!!!
Mindy

Are You Serious! said...

♥ Love the stockings! Everything looks great! The kids look beyond thrilled!!! :)

Sounds like a great Christmas! Santa brought me a 400 dvd disc changer... Seriously the coolest thing ever! Now the kids NEVER have to touch the dvd's! Just say NO to scratches! I'm very excited!

Andrea said...

Joy, I got the same camera but mine is pink!
I took a lot of pictures.

♥Ashley :)

Andrea said...

That note was from Ashley, she wanted to talk to Joy! HAHAHA

Andrea said...

So happy you had a FANTASTIC Christmas! So did we! The kids are having a blast with their new goodies & we've been playing TONS of Rock Band 2 (thanks Santa!)!!!

Ben also got us a NEW CAMERA!!! Oh my gosh! It's so freakin' FABULOUS!!!!

Gotta go get ready for bed, but we should definitely play some Rockin' music together soon!!!

Oh and see ya tomorrow for the baptism!

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

I love the bows in the girls hair! Love the p.j.s and the stockings - they are totally fab just like you said! I love all the cute pictures and the happy smiles - glad you had a wonderful day friend. You deserve it!

Wendy Phelps said...

The Christmas Eve Pajamas were very cute. I didn't do that this year. I should have. The stockings were cute.

Amy said...

Love the PJ's. Very cute. We had a DS fest at our house too. My boys are thrilled! I had the best Christmas in years, despite the fact that my son and I were both sick. It was just mellow and the kids were content to play all day long and I was content to sit on the couch and watch them.

Santa brought me a new kitchen table, a sofa table and a new couch. He was very generous this year, he even brought them in time for Thanksgiving!

I was completely prepared this year with the exception of wrapping presents. I stayed up until 2 wrapping presents on Tuesday. On Christmas Eve, my son was sick and he didn't fall asleep until sometime after 1. Then I was up until around 2:30. Then I woke up at 4 sick. Then the kids came in at 7. Needless to say, I am exhausted still!

But Christmas was still fabulous!

Debra said...

YEAH! I am glad you had gotten everything ready just in time!!!!


LOVE the fabulous stockings!!!


Me, I got a TREADMILL. It was EXACTLY what I wanted, really, I even picked it out. And it is a REALLY great one that I will use for YRS. And now I do dnot have to drag 5 kids to the YMCA.

janna said...

Awesome Christmas-ness.

Love the stockings too

I was up tell 2 am
I got a hair dryer, mp3 player and a crock pot from my mil

Krissy said...

I was totally ready, actually. lol I had all my kids presents bought and wrapped before December even started, thanks to Black Friday! lol Oh, and my husband too. I wrapped them all and put them in the closet under the stairs in the basement and didn't bring them out till Christmas Eve since my kids can't stop TOUCHING EVERY FREAKIN THING. I loved doing it that way and I think I'll make it a new tradition every year. As for ME ... my mom loaded me down with clothes, a cool clock I wanted, various kitchen things, my MIL got me my Rowenta iron I have been drooling over and wanted and my husband got me a mac daddy Kitchen Aid stand mixer, an itunes gift card and some junk. lol (really, I think he bought it cause he thought it was cool and the kids would like it.) Sounds like you guys had a great time!!! I LOVE Christmas and can't wait to do it all over again next year! I've learned some AWESOME tricks, and I'm a serious Black Friday Christmas shopper now... up and out of the house by 4:30. WOOT! lol

The Ayers Family said...

I LOVE your BRACELET!!!

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............