Monday, January 5, 2009

more fabulous /not fabulous

fabulous-being on time for the first day back after christmas vacation.

not fabulous- 2 little kids dumping a whole bag of dry spaghetti on the floor and playing in it.

Fabulous- a blissful afternoon nap

not fabulous-Lance inviting my family over for Family night since "the house is already clean" yeah but he failed to realize i have to whip up refreshments for 40 this afternoon.

fabulous -going alone to the store to pick up cups for cocoa(refreshments) and rice crispy treat fixin's

not fabulous -braking hard and my 52 oz pepsi spilled all over the passenger side of my car.

Fabulous-finding everything i need in record time.

NOT FABULOUS-walking in to find a pack of idiots (3) eating a BAG of cooked spaghetti noodles dumped on the floor. while 3 other idiots were innocent bystanders and watching the fun unfold. no one stopping the first 3 idiots. seriously!

Fabulous-the kids rational that if they are all idiots i must be an idiot too for raising idiots! and having to agree.

well. now this concludes yet another edition of fabulous/ not fabulous.

i better go get cracking on those refreshments.

YEE HAW!

you'd never think that lance had major anxiety about crowds/social situations when we got married. and now he is the party master! always arranging our social calendar. having parties, and inviting people over.
and i'm the one resisting. i guess i should be glad.

wish me luck!

**EDIT**

and family night was once again fabulous. we had fudge. rice crispy treats, chocolate chip cookie bars, and molasses cookies. and homemade hot chocolate.

there was NOTHING LEFT. not one cookie.( sigh.)

and while i was whipping up homemade goodness, lance was on a call for work, and setting up the surround sound in the basement. which is nice and all but company coming , and whipping up a few varieties of cookies from scratch , while making cocoa syrup? not really thrilled.

we'll see how i feel about it after the hoodlums are sent to bed, and i get to play a few rounds on guitar hero. i may be singing a different tune about the importance of surround sound.


post signature

7 comments:

KayDee said...

I love the fabulous and not so fab lists you made today! It made me laugh!

You gave me an idea I can do for our fhe group tonight! Thanks:)

Good Luck on your get together!

Sweet Notations said...

Julia you made my day!!! I needed some good laughs!! You need to call me about your bracelet!
Mindy

AutoSysGene said...

Good luck! You are so all over it!! And hey, if the house was already clean a little pasta off the floor won't hurt the 3 idiots! :)

Kylie said...

Glad it was a success!! That is totally me and David--when we first got married he never wanted to go to parties, have parties...etc and I was always the one begging him to go--and now it is the complete opposite--I have even sent him to a few without me.

By the way I got that doll stroller (which I didn't realize until after you commented was in your "signature colors") at Toys R Us for like $10 on Christmas Eve, because I was obviously so prepared for Christmas! Ü

Cecilia said...

Fabulous list!

Anonymous said...

Love the list! I hope you got the pepsi cleaned up. What a mess that can make!

Jen said...

This list cracks me up! Sorry about the not so fabulousness of today. Oh the idiot comeback that your kids had killed me! SO FUNNY! They're quick on their toes!

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............