Sunday, January 4, 2009

time for an edition of FABULOUS/NOT FABULOUS!

i can't recall if I've played this particular version before. but here we go. fabulous and not fabulous things from the last two weeks.

the PC term is "winter break".

the crazymama term? "two weeks of hellish fun with all of my children while attempting to hostess parties, and prep for the largest gift giving holiday of the year".

AH i survived yet another break . right here is where i admit having 6 kids is really no big deal when 4 of them are in school full time. it's the breaks from school when everyone is home and demanding play dates and spend the nights and bickering and whining that are hard.

ok lets get started with the fabulous or not fabulous portion of the post.

FABULOUS-homemade bread, toasted and slathered with REAL BUTTER and homemade peach jam!

FABULOUS- playing guitar hero with the kids. and all of them begging me to play .

NOT FABULOUS- pierce feeling left out and ignored, taking a doll boot into the bathroom, and filling it up with toilet water and then coming out and flinging it at me and nailing me in the eye.

SUPER NOT FABULOUS!- going into the bathroom to wash off after my toilet water bath and seeing PEE mellowing in the toilet the boot was dipped in!

fabulous- being glad it was just pee in the toilet, and the toilet was at least otherwise clean .
since it's not uncommon to find something else mellowing in that toilet. UGH!

... this concludes this episode of fabulous/not fabulous.

(since i can't come up with anything after that horrifying confession/experience.)

have a fabulous Monday!

cheers to my vacation that starts TODAY!

since we all know winter break is NO VACATION FOR MOM! (with the exception of sleeping in)

Lance likes to go back to work after a so called vacation. it's way more relaxing than being with the family and cleaning up after everyone every minute.

QUESTIONS?

-any grody confessions you wanna share with another mom?

What do you think of "winter break" (the term)?

What do you really think of winter break?( the two week event)



post signature

13 comments:

Melissa said...

I have to tell you that I was totally laughing out loud when i read your not so fabulous posts. So funny! Why is it that kids don't know how to flush?

Messy Jess said...

Nobody at messy jess is doing a tap dance anticipating the kids going back to school this morning! wink wink nod nod

Rebecca Irvine said...

I feel the same as you, only I have fewer kids. So glad the kids are going back to school today!!! I love them but it is really hard having them home all day.

lifewithquads said...

My kids didn't know what I was talking about when I - in a very un-pc fashion - called it Christmas Vacation. How dare me!!! And ours often feels similar to the movie - maybe that's why I can't quit calling it that. LOL

Are You Serious! said...

♥ That sucks on the toilet water flinging!

Winter break is fine still I guess mostly because just Emma goes to school so I don't "know" what it's like to not have the three youngest ones always around. Next year I think I'll be feeling much different since the twins will be in Kindergarten and it'll be full time. which I have to say that I've very excited about!!! :)

Confessions... having to dig stuff out of the toilet however knock on wood I have had to toilet dive for about 5 months now!!! Happy day. i think they're finally past that "phase"!!!

sandi said...

Oooooh Pierce! Hehehe!

I actually kinda like winter break, because my slaves are home to watch Bryce while I go out and live a little. I'm going to hell, aren't I?

Laura said...

I still call it Christmas Break. Day 1 I thought it was fab because I liked sleeping in. Day 14 I thought my kids might go up for sale. THANK GOODNESS for school starting. Summer is so much more manageable. Around here the temps are in the single digits so its way to cold to go outside. Two weeks indoors is TOUGH!!!!!!

tammy said...

Sorry, but I was LOL at the toilet water too. Dang! Guess he knows how to get attention.

I really really loved winter break, the no schedule, staying up late, movie going, playing together, but I am also happy to have all of them gone today. I got up early, got dressed, got my grocery shopping done by 10:00, and now am cleaning the house while catching up on shows and enjoying every single minute. Which is why I love our semi year round schedule out here.

Vidal's Nest said...

I have a love/hate relationship with it. I like sleeping in but they DESTROY my house! It sucks and they tire me out!

Debra said...

I am NOT a fan of winter breaks because we are all stuck inside. PLus if we want to go anywhere I have to bundled everyone up and keep track of it, etc... such a pain!

AutoSysGene said...

Yikes, your right....SO NOT FABULOUS! I was pretty glad to have the house to myself this morning, too!

Shall we call this our New Year Break? :)

onehm said...

EEEEWWWWWWW! That really is super NOT fabulous!!
YUCK.

I feel your pain on the baby not getting enough attention and acting out. We have bouts of that from time to time around here too.

Ruth Anne said...

To be environmentally friendly we pretty much follow the yellow mellow, brown done rule, except when visitors are coming.

That is my grody confession.

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............