Saturday, April 11, 2009

Family Easter picnic and reunion 2009




i am usually at the top of my game for the annual family Easter picnic at the park.

i fret about the outfits the kids will wear. they ALWAYS MATCH , they always have FABULOUS bows.

i even canceled my lunch date Thursday to go shopping for the matchy wonder.


i found what i was in search of, and bought it. i got ribbon to match.

and then, it rained.

and dang it ! they just couldn't wear the new matchy wonder for A RAINY DAY AT THE PARK!

SO THEY WORE SOMETHING ELSE. THEY MATCHED BUT IT LACKED THE WONDER, AND YOU COULDN'T TELL ANYWAY BECAUSE OF THE JACKETS.

bah humbug!

WE WERE LATE AND I WAS FRAZZLED.

I FORGOT BOWS, AND MY CAMERA.

IT LACKED THE WONDER.

we had our annual candy scramble, where the cousins descend on the candy tossed on the ground like locusts fleecing a field of crops. we don't bother with eggs. or actually hiding anything.

the kids had a spectacular time,

around 247 relatives (aunts ,uncles,1st 2nd and 3rd cousins) were there.

more than a few people had to mention to Lance that my kids weren't matching.
he told them they were, under the Jackets.



here is our less matchy wonderful family shot. missing bows. and covered in Jackets.
front row? Liberty, Hope, Paxton,Peyton, Joy
back row? Me, Pierce and the Hubster.


Joy

locusts , after the fleecing of the field, comparing their bounty.
cousin Katy and Liberty
Peyton and Paxton
run, run as FAST as you can!

my Hubtastic and Pierce
Hope and cousin Maria



and look ! i finished my new glitter cup, it was sparkletastic for sure!

Photobucket

lesson learned? it was still a good time even if the kids didn't match.


and special thanks to my fabulous sisters for taking pictures for me and emailing them so fast!

post signature

© 2009 crazymamaof6

4 comments:

Piper said...

I think you all look great! I also like Liberty's cool hairdo! Happy Easter!

the haynie's said...

We had to email the pics real fast because we didn't want to dissapoint your readers! Jane and I know how you work :)

Supercool Hotmama said...

It was a super fabulous day! Glad some of the pics were up to your standards ;D

sherry said...

Well, they still look cute. Dress them all up and take a pic. And I need a bigger picture of the glitther mug. I think I may need one of those....

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............