Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My pledge for Earth day

for earth day i pledge to -

  • not take a long soaky hot shower today. (reading)
  • (maybe) we'll eat on REAL PLATES instead of paper, paper and more paper.
  • to save energy i will turn off the lights and take a nap.
  • last but not least, i'm going to conserve water today and not do any laundry.

how's that for earth friendly?

OH YEAH doing my part for Earth day!

while doing hair this morning Joy was imparting valuable knowledge about COMPOSTING and recycling (we have 2 blue barrels-recycle).

when asked where she'd gleaned this knowledge she proudly declared it was from Nickelodeon or Disney channel or maybe cartoon network.

we recycle, buy used clothing(is that re-use? or recycle?)

BUT I DRAW THE LINE AT COMPOSTING! (i guess if i gardened i'd think about that but i don't garden so i WON'T COMPOST-EWWWW on saving trash and letting it rot in a bucket, i'd gag every time i opened it!)

ANYWAY. HAPPY EARTH DAY!


What are you planning on doing for earth day?

thus far it's been CRAP.

I'm sick today. which doesn't thrill me on a good day.

today 3 kids were up at 5:00 am.

there were 6kids up by 6:30 bickering , and banging around in the basement. (my kids normally sleep in until 7:30 or later)

the lawnmower man came. at what is considered the buttcrack of dawn around here(any time before 7:00)

my morning was SHOT TO HELL!

piano playing ensued, dogs were let in. people needed baths.

the yelling began from the hubster's bed while i was held captive by my crampy stomach in the bathroom.

somehow nobody could water and feed the dogs, no one stopped playing piano, no one took a bath as instructed.

at 7:00am i emerged.

and the onslaught of bargaining , and demanding began. money lending, and scheming for more funds and the occasional glimpse into less than honest minds.

OVERHEARD: "liberty can i borrow 40 i'd love to's = 4 bucks. and i'll pay you back in 4 weeks."

joy said," just tell mom you have 30 ' i'd love to's'* and she has to give you 3 bucks." she has perfected the art of saving up imaginary i'd love to points.


are you kidding me? you can't give away i'd love to's you have to earn them yourselves!

the boys on the other hand have no i'd love to's and no money, and are scheming to buy yet another game. or some other crap. and yet they are the first to say they don't want to do something for me.

It has been implied but not stated that I'd love to's are non-transferable. today it had to be stated in no uncertain terms. because they wouldn't be quiet about it.

On the bright side, the kids were on time today. nine minutes early! and i have 2.5 minutes of near silence, while HUBTASTIC drops the big kids off to school because the littles went along. i say near silence because i can hear the annoying voices of sponge bob and Patrick droning on in the basement.







*'I'd love to's' are rewards for saying i'd love to and doing whatever i ask. they can cash them in for cheap trinkets or candy, or save them up for bigger things or privileges.

  • 1 i'd love to earns a piece of candy
  • 10 i'd love to's equals a dollar.
  • 10 is a box of movie candy
  • 10 for a cheap toy
  • 30 for a happy meal
  • 50 can buy a can of Dr.Pepper. (they carry a high price since they are MINE)
  • 100 can get a sleepover under the right conditions
Liberty is a saver, she doesn't cash anything in, she has 500 'i'd love to's', and she saves all her money.

it's mostly on your honor stuff. which is why Joy is so well versed on cheating me.

oh and they earn an i'd love to for doing someting i ask. get me a diaper, check on the baby, can someone get me a water? put away shoes! empty the dishwasher. fetch a towel. etc.

post signature

© 2009 crazymamaof6

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How in the WORLD do you keep track of the saved up "i'd love to's"? Do you have a chart or something and they mark it when they do what you ask??
I LOVE this concept!

Laura said...

I love your "love to's" I might try it.

For earth day my kids have big plans, me, I will just see what they need me to do to celebrate. LOL!

Melody said...

I love the "love to's" I am going to try it. Hope it works thanks for the awesome idea.

andrea said...

We have the "i'd love to" jar at our house too.....but there is no stocking up of points, and they don't get a reward (gobstopper) every time.....so they hopefully try to say it more in case it is a reward time....at least that is my wishful thinking! :)

Vidal's Nest said...

What a cute idea. Wonder if I can get the older butt heads to participate?
Screw saving the earth....I'm never giving up my paper plates. They are one of the tools I use to try to salvage what sanity is left.

Jamie said...

ummmmmm it's earth day?? Mother nature left me out of the loop.

Ruth Anne said...

We had to compost when I was living in Costa Rico studying eco-tourism and sustainable development. So gross!

(We also let the yellow mellow!)

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............