Friday, May 8, 2009

"you can't afford that purse but I CAN!" shopping with Libtastic

i went shopping with Liberty Thursday evening. she announced on the way home from singing group that her pinky toe was danglin' out of her shoe. so we had to go get new ones tonight.

we hit marshall's . the one we went to didn't have crap for cute shoes. then we hit Ross. where we found some cute black sandals, great summer basics. they were so great i got some for Joy too.

then we went to old Navy where Liberty wanted to buy some sun glasses. she tried them all on. we went back and forth, we took pictures to decide between. she finally settled on the plain tortoise shell ones. (she looks very glam in them. i'll take pictures later.)

then we had purchased all we needed and were on our way home, we decided to hop on the freeway and go to Scottsdale to my fave TJMAXX. just to see what they had.

well they had the MOST FABULOUS PURSE EVER! it virtually screamed CRAZYMAMA!

OH YEAH IT DID. it was fabulous FUCHSIA LEATHER

the price tag? $429.99 at freaking TJMAXX!~ originally $770. are you kidding me?

why? WHY? WHY! do i have such expensive taste?

i took a picture with my handy camera phone. (but the darn picture is LOST IN SPACE seriously not in my inbox.)

anyway.I admired the purse. wanted it. but alas i live in reality. and have responsibilities.

LAME.

plus do i really need a $430 bag to carry my cell phone, and wallet, and diapers in? really? it doesn't seem to fit into my lifestyle. DAMN IT! plus i'd freak as soon as someone spilled on it. or dumped it on the ground.

but i digress, i moved on, to another assortment of Fuchsia bags. everything else there.

at one point i picked up a $60 Jessica Simpson fake croco bag, i was checking out it's features. Liberty said, "you can't afford that purse but I CAN! " and starts in with the evil cackle.

(i swear she's my mini me)

and then she was getting punchy, and giggling at her own jokes. she had a chant going on about my lack of funds and the expensive purses. I'll have to ask her again what it was. and add it later.

anyway. it was a VERY PLEASANT TRIP shopping with Liberty alone. for accessories .

and perusing the rest of the store. she could have done with out the excursion into the housewares but whatever, either she tolerates it or she doesn't come again.

so yeah , it was fun.

she has good taste. and if she'd just get a freaking opinion instead of agreeing with everything i said, she could be a perfect shopping buddy. that and the gloating that she has more spending money than i do. sheesh.rub it in why don't ya!

she is very careful with her funds.

if i was buying she'd take it, if it was her money, she'd rather save her money.

someday she'll be a very savvy shopper.

Oh and every bag i was drawn to? really drawn to? was over $100 bucks. but just a 100 bucks is cheap since most were $229 OR MORE!

seriously? why can't my budget increase with the increase in my good taste? there are racks of purses, of all shapes, styles and prices, and i have to pick up the most expensive ones there? apparently i do.

it happened every time.

we walked out with nothing from there, and came home. she chattered all the way home about boys, and purses, and friends.

stay tuned for a post on boy flirting. it's been a topic of conversation here.

i want to hear what you have to say.

have a fabulous weekend.and I hope your mothers day is all you are dreaming of.

post signature

© 2009 crazymamaof6

4 comments:

tammy said...

She is funny!

I don't know if I could spend $430 on a purse, even if I could afford it!

blah, blah by lindsey said...

i love purses!! $430 is super expensive...we need a girls trip to CA so we can get the super expensive bags for waaaaay cheap.

sounds like a fun girls trip :)

Jenifer said...

My eye always goes to the most expensive purses too. One day I'll go to Ross and the really expensive purse will be drastically reduced to 7.99

jes said...

i like the pricey purses too! sounds like you had lots of fun.

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............