Friday, August 28, 2009

my life as a midnight baker

sometimes i find myself baking in the middle of the night with this kid!

Pierce has a thing for baking.

lately he asks in such a cute, nice way, i give in. even if it's midnight.

the asking verbally is new.

and let me tell you we are finding some serious delight in his new abilities.

Pierce: Mom, bake brownies please? PLEEASE!

Pierce: i pour! (the oil)

Pierce: my turn (to stir)

Pierce: roll roll roll pat pat pat. (the dough)

me: do we wanna add nuts?

Pierce: NO! not cool! not cool!

me: so you don't want nuts?

Pierce: RIGHT!

he says "right! "every time we ask if what we think he's saying, is what he's saying, and we get it right. i don't know where it came from but I'm guessing school.

which he is loving by the way.


Last night he was having a late night snack and watching noggin,

oobie came on. (which i think is the STUPIDEST SHOW EVER! I believe all kids shows should speak proper grammar , not baby talk )

anyway Pierce turned around and told me, " OOBIE STUPID! "

me: really you think oobie is stupid?

Pierce: RIGHT! oobie stupid.

i giggled to myself and had to go tell the hubs.

he said that 64 Zoo lane is stupid too!

FINALLY! i hate those shows!

this from a kid that had virtually no speech. kid couldn't even bust out the most basic two syllable word. (like baby or mommy) he had a moderate to severe speech delay.

and now he's doing 3 word phrases? after a couple months of therapy and 2 weeks of preschool. (where they work on his speech goals along with other preschool stuff)

the other night he wanted to watch tv so i put on noggin, like usual. (gotta love the 24 hour preschool shows) and he told me not noggin. so i flipped through the kid channels. he settled for X-men.

rad.

he's growing up fast!



post signature

© 2009 crazymamaof6

7 comments:

CassiB said...

i think i would like baking with my girls if it were one on one, but it never ends up that way. WOOHOO for speaking! that is awesome, my little bro was the same way didn't speak much and actually had his own one syllable words for things. started preschool at 3 with a lady in the ward that was awesome, and he started speaking with in the first few weeks. i agree on those shows!

Wendy Phelps said...

I think Yo Gabba Gabba is the stupidest kids show. How cute is that. I am rarely up past 10pm, but you will catch me baking with Abby and Ben at 5am. Nothing like Chocolate chip cookies for breakfast :)

tammy said...

Yay for a talking Pierce! Even if it means midnight baking.

Scrappy Girl said...

Yo Gabba Gabba gets my vote too...however the Jack Black episode is the funniest thing I have EVER seen in my whole life.

Carie said...

He's so dang cute, that's usually how it is though, the cutest one's are the naughtiest one's! It has to be that way otherwise we would want to kill them all the time!

Daisygirl said...

that is awesome!!!!!!

Serendipity said...

My Ava loves Yo Gabba Gabba.....so we watch it a lot. BUT the midnight baking is the cutest thing ever. You are such a fun Mom.

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............