Saturday, August 22, 2009

my true feelings...


Saturday is a special day , my eye!

sure sleeping in is nice when it happens. but waking up to crazy messes is never a good time.

plus doing chores for the day? i just can't seem to get into it. especially if everyone isn't here. (how is it fair to make the boys clean when the girls are gone and vice versa?)

and THEN. while i'd love to get alot done with the help of the hubs, it's his day off. and well, lets just say cleaning a bunch of stuff and heavy lifting isn't on the top of his fun list. and yet i can't do the bulk of that stuff alone. and attempting deep cleaning with everyone home and in the way is a sure way to bring on a manic episode.

the yard is taken care of by the yard guys that come by weekly so the hubs is off the hook there.

just the front yard is taken care of though we are all about outward appearances. while the inside of the house and the backyard look like hell.

OH and i'm the same way with looking good out in public. and again my house is a dump. it can be very decieving.

now you know. i don't have it all together. in case i succeeded in giving that impression.

so there is guilt (for not doing jack) and contention for wanting to. or not wanting to. so i let that plan go.

i can't win. and sometimes i just wanna chill, play lame computer games, and read too.

so! i don't love Saturdays. now if i could do all of those things with no self inflicted guilt? i might like the day in general better. but as it is. i believe Saturdays are completely overrated.

maybe i should go to costco alone. since we all know how i love to take the family there.


toodles!


care to share? questions? deep thoughts?

how do you feel about saturdays ?



how do they differ from your saturdays as a child?

like back in the day nobody could sleep in ever and everyone had to pitch in and overhaul the house all morning or day long, yard work and scrubbing of toilets had to happen before anyone could go out to play or hang with friends. those are the Saturdays from my past.






post signature

© 2009 crazymamaof6

8 comments:

Jenifer said...

I hate Saturdays too. If you have yard guys come and hubs is off the hook there, why not get a house cleaner? Hmmmm? Just a thought. Fair is fair and all that.
I haven't done any housework today either and have slight guilt. but not enough to get me to start doing it.

elle said...

dude, i am the same way. Laundry NEVER gets done on the weekends, dishes sit untouched. It's my belief that since it's his days off, then it's mine as well.

Carie said...

Here's all I have to say, Saturday and Sunday both suck! I despise the weekend!
When I was a kid we were gotten up early and given a written out job list of idiotic jobs like lemon seed oil all the cabinets, and crap things like that! I swear they took forever to do! Now a days if I did that my kids would stare at me with a blank expression, and go back to X-box live, and pretend like they never heard me. Weekends are for kids and husbands because I see nothing relaxing about it, not one single tiny little bit!

tammy said...

Saturdays are my lazy days. I don't go anywhere if I don't have to, and the cleaning is all done during the week. Why do it on Sat. when everyone is home is my opinion. They just mess it all up again. Plus, if I'm up late Friday night, I am no good the next day. We usually just hang out and unwind from the week. I started ironing Sunday clothes during the week too, because I hate having too much to do on Sat. Oh and I practice my songs for Sunday.

Daisygirl said...

since kids all the days seem the same to me...
I do however get to sleep in on Saturday so I do love that!

CassiB said...

when i was little we would do laundry depending on our age. really little would just go and gather dirty clothes, then sort them on the floor in front of the back door, (washer was outside and we had this big tile open area in front of back door between kitchen and living room.) and the older kids would wash or hang up clothes with my mom. she would do the yardwork and we all had chores to do inside usually we each had a main room. she worked during the week so this all had to be done sat. i am at home during the day so i feel like i get my fill of housework during the week, and have too much other crap to do on sat. that i can't get to weekdays, groceries, errands, etc. davids chores are outside stuff and garbage, and taking over when i have back issues. if the hubs gets out of the yard work he should help with the inside work. i like to take saturdays off but it always bites me in the A$$ monday morning.

sherry said...

Why should a husband get the day off and not you? Are your children gone? Do you not have to cook or clean? That's what I thought. So, if he insists on a day off, then so should you. Play computer games and read to your little heart's content guilt free. At our house, we have Saturday jobs. They are a different version of their daily jobs involving deep cleaning, dusting and mopping of the rooms they are in charge of. Of course, they can always choose to have a free Saturday, by completing Saturday jobs any other day of the week. Want to sleep in and play with friends all day? Fine. Get it done the previous day. No guilt. Of course, my children almost never choose this option. Procrastination is in their genes. The husband is usually busy with the yard, the pool, the car, or any combination. If he has a light load in any of these areas, he is cleaning his little heart out inside with the rest of us. Because we are co parents. Unless he has to help somebody in the ward. Or his parents. Which he did today. And I try to have charity in my heart at these times instead of resentment. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't...;) On the other hand, if I am incapacitated for any reason (bad pregnancy, surgery, the need for surgery like right now) and am not in the middle of things making sure they don't slack off, they accomplish nothing. Nobody does anything if I am incapacitated. Suddenly my co parent is lost. It is a strange phenomenon. Just like nobody would ever go to church if I couldn't go. They are all kind of little stinkers....

Amy said...

The hubby was gone on Saturday so I let the kids run wild while I started on my fabulous Halloween craft project. I take the weekends off. We have soccer almost every Saturday anyway. But I do pay for it on Monday because the house looks like CRAP! I still think its worth it though...

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............