Wednesday, December 16, 2009

9 years ago today

I was doing this....(for those that don't click over to see the picture) imagine me wearing full makeup , wearing my tiara , holding newborn Paxton, while the hubs beams over my shoulder.


but before this picture was taken, there was a considerable amount of swearing, flapping of my hospital gown, and a little pushing. and there might have been a rather adamant vocalization about not wanting to "tear".

it was My first natural childbirth with my 3rd child.

9 years ago today we welcomed Paxton into the world.

you are wondering about the tiara right?

after 2 unsuccessful epidurals with the previous 2 children. in um October of '99 and November of '98. i decided to go for the gusto and opt out of the epidural. i had every intention of wearing my tiara afterward because let's be real i would DESERVE IT!

so at some point the pain was getting pretty bad, and i essentially demanded that the hubs go fetch my FREAKING TIARA and my bag from the car. and BY THE WAY, there is no way in heck I'm breastfeeding after this!

he ran away as fast as he could and dutifully delivered my tiara, carefully backing away as fast as possible in fear that I'd bite his head off if he got too close.

just before i delivered my mom hadn't arrived yet, but when she got to the hospital she headed toward the room that had a woman in transition spouting expletives. ;) and she was right!

Paxton came so fast though they didn't even have the bed ready but i didn't care. it was happening whether they had someone ready to catch or not. due to the speedy delivery he was kinda red/purple faced for a day or so.

yeah I'm awesome and just shared the birth story of my 3rd child with the world. AWESOME! maybe i should wear my tiara today to commemorate his birth.

he's taking the day off, he informed his teacher he doesn't attend school on his birthday because we have bad luck with that, so he's staying home to shop and attend the spelling Bee with me. and go to lunch and all the fun things that i do. WHOOHOO!

Happy birthday Paxton! i hope you think it's as awesome in reality ,compared to what you imagined it could be.

love ya!

♥mom!



post signature

© 2009 crazymamaof6

12 comments:

Taralyn said...

I adore and <3<3<3 your blog!!! It makes me smile!!! I never went to school on my birthday either!!! You look stunning in the Tiara!!!

CassiB said...

Happy Birthday Paxton!
love the tiara what a good idea!
ya the nurse tried to get me to breastfeed my first after 3 1/2 hrs of pushing, only to have her shoved back in and then a c-section. um no thanks that's not the bonding experience i wanted. basically i was falling asleep from the adventure and she ended up grabbing my boob and putting it in Maddy's mouth. nice, something about blood sugars because i had gestational diabetes. with #2 and #3 i learned to tell them to give them a bottle. they have no confusion problems.
sorry if i shared too much! lol.

kellyo75 said...

I love it,Julie! Happy Birthday, Paxton!

onehm said...

He is his OWN man and I love it.
:)
Happy Birthday big guy!

Scrappy Girl said...

Happy Birthday Paxton!

I say wear the tiara!

Jenn said...

LOL- you are so freakin' rad!

Daisygirl said...

Love it! He is soooo cute!!! I hope he has a great birthday, love the logic in his reason for not attending school on his bday...I agree!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday to Paxton! I hope he has a GREAT birthday, I think its awesome that he's staying home from school to celebrate his day.

I think you should wear your tiara today to celebrate his birthday, BTW...

Piper said...

Love the Tiara!

Happy Birthday Paxton! Have a great day!

crystal said...

I love the No School on Your Birthday Rule. I'm adopting it.

He's got the sweetest face.

Amy said...

I love love love the tiara. CLASSIC! Happy B-day Paxton. It's late. I love the story. You're an amazing mom Julie. I love hearing your stories about your babies.

sherry said...

I think you rock, and should wear the tiara every year on his birthday. Seriously. I would. With my third I didn't get my epidural until I was already dilated to an * and always thought I should have just had him naturally so I could say I did it once....but there is always the possibility that I could have killed my husband.

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............