Wednesday, December 16, 2009

the one where i breakup with Target over a zhu zhu pet.

Dear Target,

I'm breaking up with you. It's not me , it's YOU!

I fell out of love with you today, it came about suddenly over Zhu zhu pets. Your limit 4 per household (with no exceptions) really brought it to a sudden head .Wouldn't it be ironic if you lost thousands of dollars in my Christmas shopping spending over less than a $50 Zhu zhu pet sale?

Seriously WHY would i buy only 4? knowing I wouldn't be able to get more without a whole lot more effort? I had them in my cart. I had them at the register, but you denied me. my kids haven't even asked for them but if I buy any, I need one for each of them. Which is why I walked away. Cursing you, and LIVID BEYOND BELIEF.

After weeks of my late night rendezvous with you. my insane spending. apparently none of that matters to you, because you wouldn't sell me 6 zhu zhu pets for my 6 FREAKING kids .

I'm seriously temped to haul out the cart loads of Target bags from my secret closet, full of full-priced toys and electronics and return them all. Then take my money to any other store around, rather than hand money over to you. In this economy you'd think you'd want to keep a spendy customer happy, but apparently not. So, we can't be friends anymore, it's a matter of principle now.

my call to the manager did nothing to make me feel better, infact it just irritated me more.

So I flip you the bird Target. THE DOUBLE UGLY ROLLING KIND! You have just made an enemy.

Signed,

CRAZYMAMA OF 6



post signature

© 2009 crazymamaof6

16 comments:

Crissybug said...

Seriously!! Why do they even care!?? You would think that they would want the sale? If you need me to by you 2 more, and you pay me back...I can! :o) So sad for Target!

tammy said...

So frustrating! Although I understand the need to limit because of the people out there that would rush in, scoop them all up, then turn around and sell them on ebay, but you weren't wanting to buy ALL of them, you were only wanting TWO extra. LAME!

onehm said...

Bummer. Nothing could make me break up with Target, but I am sorry for you. Too bad they couldn't look at your blog and see that you have 6. But I see Tammy's point about the jerks who sell them on ebay just ruin it for everyone else. Hate that.

Rebecca Irvine said...

Please don't ever break up with me. I am too likely to cry over it.

Target has treated me lousy in the past too. I am sorry that they were mean to you.

Daisygirl said...

oh that sucks! I love Target!!! I had a huge problem with Walmart and no longer shop there so I totally understand where your coming from.

Scrappy Girl said...

You actually saw and TOUCHED a zhuzhu pet...I am in awe of your awesome luck...lol. My 2 little ones would love them but I have never seen one of these little creatures in a store!

Devri said...

That is nothing.. I broke up with ToysRus, they only gave 1 per customer, and hid them behind the customer service counter.. 1? I have 7 who I was buying for.. ugh.. did they have accessories too?

Jemmmma said...

Funny you should mention this...
I'm in MA and was in Target today. My kids wanted them but I made my mind up that I was not going to hunt them down or pay more than they should cost. So I happen to walk by customer service on my way out and see a display. The sign said "2 hamster limit and 1 acc". Well, I needed three. I was so excited there was no way I was leaving without them. So I explained my situation and the employee said, "Well you need to physically walk out of the store and come back in and I can sell you more." So I did. But I could only get two acc...and I wanted three. But was not going to walk out/in again. What made me mad was that EVERY employee was talking about how many hamsters and acc they all bought and some were punching out to buy them and then clocking back in. I'm sure this happens every time they get a shipment but that's not fair. And Walmart...the idiot employee who works in the toy section blatantly told me that she has never actually seen any in the store with her own eyes because all the employees grab them first! Hope you find some!!

Libby said...

Lame!! Could you buy 4, walk out to your car, and then come back in for the other 2 and check out with a different person? Sorry!!!

crystal said...

Oh, how I love the double rolling.

I was just livid TONIGHT, at the movie theater, because my pals & i were 10 mins late for the last movie and they locked the doors when WE WERE 3 FEET FROM THE DAMN DOOR.

The MANAGER looked us in the eye, locked the door, TURNED HIS BACK ON US, and walked away.

I kicked the door.

I pounded the door.

I hate that place now.

Double rolling.

Carie said...

See you just weren't tricky enough! So you buy their Damn stupid limit of 4 and you hide the 2 others behind some random thing people never look in and then you put your 4 in your car and then you go in and secretly remove your 2 hidden ones and buy then at a different register! Problem solved!
You have to beat Target at their own stupid game!

Amy said...

LAME. I would call the corperate office and complain. Yes Target, there are some families that have more than 4 kids. I would so play the discrimination card, LOL!

Amy said...

Oh what a Pain in the @!#! I'm totally laughing at the letter and the rolling bird. Remind me to NEVER piss you off. Really why would it matter anyway? Was there a sign saying a limit? IDIOTS!

Leslie said...

How do they know if you would have walked back in and grabbed the other two? Do they actually enter your information into the computer?

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

ooooh you struck a nerve! Good for you! I have to say Target is loosing it's appeal. I haven't seen anything truly fabulous there lately. Sad but true. So I'm on your side all the way! Lame rules that some lame person made up!

sherry said...

What the h is a zhu zhu pet? Isn't zhu zhu the name of the kid on "it's a wonderful life"?

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............