Monday, December 14, 2009

i better get crackin' my list is long. my days are full.

I'm wondering where I've gone wrong over the years?

I realized today I've gone wrong somewhere because somehow the holidays are ALL ME!

all the shopping, decorating, planning, spending, budgeting, baking, gifting. card sending, crafting. IT'S ALL ME!

surely there is something the hubs could do in that list? he does do the necessary assembly of bikes when the occasion pops up. and he does help wrap last minute, if i make him and it's past 11 on christmas eve. but the bulk of the holiday stress is mine alone.

even shopping on dates was a HUGE fight in the past.

the other night on our date, the hubs and I ran into one of the kids dads from the 2 Saturday long nerdfest. His wife had complained earlier in the day about the event cramping her limited holiday prep/shopping schedule. So the kids dad was then bummed because whatever she doesn't get done goes on his list.

so he ask my hubs what was going on his list of shopping, holiday prep?

my response was instant:

NOTHING. nothing is on the hubs holiday prep list. there has never BEEN ANYTHING on his list. i do everything. even shopping for myself. yeah i do that. ( he does get one or two small things i haven't seen before and surprise me every year)

But i wonder why I'm stressed?

he could help me sand the craft project .

hmmm. well i better get crackin' my list is long. my days are full.

i'll see ya when i see ya.


So who does the bulk of the holidays at your house?

who wraps?

assembles?

crafts? bakes or addresses cards ?

i can't wait for my cards to be printed. so i can go sit in the pedicure chair , and freaking take an hour for myself, while I get my cards done!




post signature

© 2009 crazymamaof6

7 comments:

Carie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

Yeah I do everything too! He will on occasion wrap some of the gifts (if I give him the scissors,paper and tape). This year it has been a lot worse cause we have no money for presents so everything is being handmade and my hubby doesn't craft or sew, so that's all me, and we are going to Idaho for Christmas this year and I am the one packing, making sure all presents are wrapped, keeping the house clean as I go and also making Holiday goodies for all the neighbors and his home teaching people, he does get me a few things each year and surprise me but I am the one that does EVERYTHING else!

Daisygirl said...

I buy, wrap, do the cards, send the cards, remember all the family members, the crafts, hang the lights, tree....wow do I need a break!
I enjoy it all though and if my husband tries to help he usually just makes a mess, so its better this way :)

CassiB said...

pretty much all me too. he does the outside lights and puts the tree together. he usually gets me a few little things and takes the girls shopping for me. but i buy my own too. sometimes it's better that way.
my neighbor and i have a tradition going, Christmas eve i go over and help her wrap or she comes and helps me. the hubbies get together and watch a movie, go get us something to eat and finish up their shopping if necessary. it's a good time to spend together with my friend no kids (which doesn't happen often)

Andrea said...

ummmmm I pretty much do everything too! Ben helps get a few heavy things out of the attic for me (like the tree) and helps assemble it & add lights. He'll even help do some decorations outside (like the garland). But shopping, baking, planning family pic, setting the self-timer on the camera for the family pic, wrapping, making/sending cards, delivering treats, planning holiday get-togethers & meals is MOSTLY ME! I feel your pain. BUT, if I didn't do all this stuff, it would NEVER get done. Ben could care less if we didn't most of that stuff. LOL

Amy said...

Wow! This sounds familiar... I tell my husband that he is the Grinch all the time because he absoulutely can't stand Christmas. Good thing I love the man!

sherry said...

You are way too nice. I had twenty blocks to do for a RS dinner a few weeks ago.. They had to be sanded, painted, vinyled, and sanded again. My husband took them out into the garage and power sanded all of them w/out me even asking. Then my girls helped paint them all. And I was annoyed that I had to finish up the paint, vinyl them all, and do the follow up sanding. Why is no one helping with the follow up sanding? For a RS dinner. Not even a family thing. But I realized I was being spoiled. And am grateful I got the help I got. Have you tried asking him? And "showing" how grateful you are when he helps out?(hint hint) That usually works for me....;)

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............