Sunday, January 24, 2010

faking it alot over the years

one time in Jr. High i had a friend tell me i complain too much. while it hurt at the time, i was grateful she told me. no one wants to hang around with a whiner and no one wants to be a total energy drain.

so now when i start feeling like a whiner i have to think hmmm, have i complained too much lately? am I an energy drain?

it doesn't mean i don't have my bad days because let's be real, i totally do. i admit it. but i'm choosy about who i reveal my authentic self to.


being aware of my tendency/inclination to whine has lead to me faking it alot over the years. and only really admitting how i really am to certain people.

when i had cancer the only person i really complained to was the hubs. everyone else thought i was really positive and had a good attitude.

While he got the brunt of it, and got really tired of hearing how i really felt and listening to me cry about my lack of energy and dealing with the depression that came with dealing with having cancer and small children at the same time and being poor, and and and. did i mention he was a full time student at the time?

i had legit reasons to whine. but if you asked me then or now i would tell you ...

"it was awesome."(and by that i mean it sucked, the italics indicate sarcasm.)


why am i telling you this? because, bear with me.


i colored my hair and i wanna whine about it now.

yeah i had Brown hair, the darkest brown and closest shade to black but not quite black color of hair.

well some people (including my hubs) call my brown hair black. i assure you it was not ever black, but now it is.

i have black hair.

i colored to hide my awesome assortment of white/gray hair.

they were pigment challenged , lurking in my hair, i'd previously dealt with it by tweezing all of the white/gray hairs i could find.

i have a special love for tweezing anyway so naturally it was my method of choice for dealing with my quickly increasing harvest of white/gray hair.

it's stress. it super speeds up my cultivation of the offending pigment challenged follicles.

and now i wish i still had my darkest brown hair again. sigh.

whiney whine whine.

I could have picked a darkest , dark chocolaty , dark, almost black hair color, but i didn't.

i COULD have sucked it up and had my fabulous stylist friend color it for me. but i'm too cheap .

it was honestly an impulse thing. one of my fly by the seat of my pants split second decisions.

mostly because the hubs was being lame and refused to take me out on a saturday night hot date.

so i colored it and even wore the mark of the uninitiated. (black dot on my shoulder/neck where it dripped)

genius i tell you.

for all i know the back of my ears are BLACK. (they aren't but they could have been.)

anyway. i'm afraid it's gonna take some time to feel like myself again.

if i whine about it you'll still like me right?

EDIT: as requested. here is a pic. after washing it yesterday and today at least on camera it's not so bad. now. what say you?


ALSO i'd like to take this opportunity to whine about my monday class also.

suddenly i was crippled with dread over the ever looming delight of class on monday.

I'm really hating this plan of 4 days a week.

NOTE: after going today to my bio. lecture. its' not so bad either. apparently late Sunday nights I'm prone to feeling overwhelmed and whiny. so sue me.

whiney whine whine.

thanks for humoring me.

i'll go back to faking it again tomorrow.

cuz you know...my life is GRAND. you should be jealous. it's so easy and carefree and utterly PERF. trust me.


wink wink.


anything you wanna whine about? lay it out here i'm listening. i care. be anonymous if you want even. now is your chance. live it up. everyone has their moment. you know you want to. DO IT.





. post signature

© 2010 crazymamaof6

15 comments:

CassiB said...

the last time i dyed my hair it was my 30 freakout. dark brown, have you seen me? yes you have, ok me with dark brown hair...not a good combo! luckily store bought color fades really quick and i was almost back to my natural color in about a month. it was shear luck that it faded to almost my normal color, only a bit brassy. i will never be doing that again!
your hair is short, it should grow out fast right? i totally did not get your uninitiated mark comment on fb the other night lol! mine was right by my eyebrow.
it's ok to be whiney now and then =)

1happymom said...

I was not paying attention yesterday and totally missed it. I am sure that it looks great. And I say whine away.

Kimm said...

One time my "dark brown" haircolor box turned my hair BLACK! I called the 800 # and they told me first to wash it with dish soap immediately after (it was too late for that when I called). You can call the # on the box and they will try and give you a solution to fix the color. (My process was a HUGE ordeal and then left my hair more orange then anything). So WHINE away! I'll bring you some cheese later! (ha ha)

onehm said...

HAIR is a big deal for me and totally whine-worthy.
School...TOTALLY one of the things on the list that you can whine about~ especially while raising 6 kids.
And cancer. Don't even need to mention that you can for SURE whine about that...do I???
:) Let me know if I can do anything?!
Big HUGS.

Are You Serious! said...

♥ Totally done that! Grabbed the wrong color and totally regretted it... It's kind of nice not having to worry about it anymore... Although I miss not having gray hair! :)

Cecily R said...

If you were closer I would come over and we could have a whine party. With cheese.

You can whine about your hair and school and I'll whine about my back being out and work.

And you could dye MY hair. :)

Rebecca Irvine said...

You are not whining over anything unnecessarily! I would think you were strange if you did not whine about those things.

My hair color does the same thing, BTW. I just colored mine last night and it looks black when it should be medium brown (at least that's what the box said). It should fade fast, but I don't like it anyway. So I feel for you.

crystal said...

Um, photo please.

I firmly believe friendship should be a nice balance between fun, laughter, complaining, whining & SUPPORTING.

And then more laughter.

And a chilled Diet Coke.

Daisygirl said...

I regretted the one time I colored my hair black..it was jet black and I then had to pay someone to kindly remove it! I already have dark hair too, and the girl on the box looked so freakin cute!
Some of those hair colors though fade really fast! ;)

I'd like to complain on just how much I hate mondays!!! I hate them I hate them I hate them!

Vidal's Nest said...

Damn!! I am a total complainer and now I feel bad! I need to stop! I don't blog as much anymore cause I am not in a happy place right now and I don't feel like faking it!
Thanks for letting me whine there for a minute!
You had good reason to whine!Your hair will fade in a day or two and hopefully look more like your original color!
I have these two huge patches of grey in the front of my hair that I need to color. Thanks for the reminder!

Jen said...

Just wash it a ton (the dish soap is a pain but does work) and it will fad fast. I can do it brown for you if you want? AND cheap! LOL! It's your blog and you can whine if you want to! You already here me whine to you all the time. It sucks to always feel like you HAVE to be positive and upbeat, even if that is our natural preference, it sucks to do it 24/7 you know? And Cassi doesn't know what she is talking about, she looked cute with the brown hair.

jayna said...

hey! whine away, girl. i agree with jen, it's your blog. it is hard to be positive all the time, although i do know that people are inspired and empowered by positivity. ;) i would love to whine more on my blog, but since i actually have clients who may or may not find the rantings, i have to be case sensitive as it were. and if i complain about something a friend does, they typically read too.. so there you go. my mom gets my whining. ;) and yes, the color will fade. and yes, i think the dishsoap will work because it's as harsh a soap as it gets.

ps. people tell me that i have black hair too. it's not black. just dark brown. why can't people see the difference? i'm sure you look amazing. please post a photo!

tammy said...

I think it looks pretty, but I totally get not feeling like yourself with it. I went dark brown and felt like it washed me out. I couldn't wait to get the highlights added back.

I need a separate blog for whining. One where my hubs and MIL can't read. Oh I guess I do have that one secret blog, maybe I should start using it more.

andrea said...

I think it looks cute!

Whine away! That's usually why I go on hiatus from blogging....I can't find anything to not whine about so I just am silent. But I have never found your blog to be overly whiny. We are all entitled to a good whine!

Amy said...

Hair look greats, don't stress!

Here's my whine for ya: I'm sick of being sick and I'm tired of being tired. I've had the swine flu, strep throat and now the stomach flu. All in the last 2 months. It's all very lame.

Whine away, my friend. We deserve it, we're moms and we don't whine as much as we should.

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............