Friday, January 1, 2010

my word of the year 2010!


this year my word of the year is WISDOM.

wis·dom (wzdm)

n.
1. The ability to discern or judge what is true, right, or lasting; insight.
2. Common sense; good judgment: "It is a characteristic of wisdom not to do desperate things" (Henry David Thoreau).
3.
a. The sum of learning through the ages; knowledge: "In those homely sayings was couched the collective wisdom of generations" (Maya Angelou).
b. Wise teachings of the ancient sages.
4. A wise outlook, plan, or course of action.
5. Wisdom Bible Wisdom of Solomon.



I didn't debate this year what my word would be, i didn't make a long list and weed through the easy ones, over the fun ones. i have no aim to impress anyone with my choice.

i chose wisdom because it chose me.

I need wisdom like in the serenity prayer.

grant me the Serenity to accept the things i cannot change,

the Courage to change the things I can,

and the WISDOM to know the difference.


I seek wisdom daily. in life, in mothering, in relationships, in friendships.
I crave wisdom as evidenced by my going back to school.


SO thats where I'm at. happy new year.

otherwise here is my list....

  • I resolve to quit negative self talk when talking to myself and others.
  • I resolve to use positive affirmations daily.
  • I resolve to FEEL beautiful.
  • I resolve to do my best in school. and to make it a priority.
  • I resolve to tell those I care about how I feel about them.
  • I resolve to work on the relationships I have with others.

I could go into each of these with my reasoning behind them. but most are obvious or rather personal.



so, what's on your list?

how do you feel about resolutions?




post signature

© 2009 crazymamaof6

4 comments:

tammy said...

Great word and list!

Jenn said...

Love them- especially using positive affirmations-- Very good word of the year too.

Daisygirl said...

great word, I think its great to seek wisdom!!
Happy New Year too! This year I didn't write any resolutions down but I plan to have more tolerance of intolerable people...haha!

jayna said...

i, for one, think the word you chose is fantastic. and resolutions are NECESSARY, i think, to becoming better people. so i always have a few (from a very long list) that i am currently working on...

hope 2010 brings great things. good luck with the next semester of school!

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............