Tuesday, December 29, 2009

my blog title is Mary poppin-ish my purse is too

last night we went to a family shindig at my sister in laws house, where the topic of blogs came up. she once again brought up her favorite post of ALL TIME from my blog. It's time to play what's in your purse.

So since I've been feeling like my purse weighs 50 lbs, and the hubs refuses to assist in carrying my luggage to and from anywhere, and that post delights her so much, combined with the fact it's a slow blog week, i thought I'd FINALLY clean my purse out. (Wendy this is for you.)

I took pictures this time.

prepare yourselves to be amazed (slash) horrified. I find sometimes those emotions go hand in hand . like watching a wreck or an especially bad outfit, you just can't look away.

I find its totally appropriate my blog title is Mary poppin-ish, my purse is too, or at least that's what people tell me on a semi regular basis.

let us begin...

here is the vehicle for the contents you are about to behold.

Black leather, 2 outside zipper pockets, 1 inside zipper pocket, and 2 inside cell phone pockets.

large enough to fit a whole hardbound school binder inside.

<span class=

for ease I categorized the contents.

  • Office supplies.
my pink folder and the manual for church this year<span class=
ok inside my pink folder is-
a lined notebook,
6 thank you cards i haven't delivered,
a pack of extra blank thank you cards,
a christmas card,
an envelope of cash,
a pack of New moon cards from Burger king,
my christmas receipts shoved in the back pocket.
<span class=
6 of my favorite type of pen in assorted colors (the pink one lives in the pink folder)
1 pink sharpie
1 pink gel pen
1 pink mechanical pencil

<span class=
  • Beauty supplies. <span class=
I think you can read the picture of my assorted chapsticks, lipglosses and lipstick.
my makeup bag contents are not displayed but if you wanna know i'll tell ya another time.
<span class=
2 hair bands, 1 red hair flower, 1 pink polka dotted brush, 1 sanitizer
<span class=
2 more tubes of lipstick new in the bag (it was buy 2 get one free!) santa forgot to put them in my stocking though.
  • First aid-the same sanitizer as the beauty supplies pic and 1 wrinkled up bandaid
<span class=
  • Food storage.


<span class=
a bag of reese's with 6 mini peanut butter cups,
2 new packs of 5 gum, one green flavor and 1 sour/sweet flavor
1 new pack of stride green gum + 1 piece
1 homemade sucker
1 altoid small (see pink arrow)
3 sweet stripes peppermint balls
1 pack of redhots
1 ball of peanut butter cup wrappers(see yellow arrow) the equivalent of trash
<span class=
a 1/4 full bottled water

  • Electronics.
my cell phone charger
1 box with camera cards
1 jazz camcorder
1 point and shoot camera

<span class=
  • Random crap.
1 barbie lip gloss i forgot to give to hope from pierce at christmas
1 card case without cards in it.
<span class=
6 new flashlights that belong to the kids as gifts from grandpa John (the hubs dad)
given to them tonight. and no longer in my bag.
<span class=
  • Papers
assorted receipts floating free in the bag, mainly fast food, grocery, or atm receipts.
<span class=
2 dance recital programs and 2 tickets.

<span class=
3 bills. 2 hospital and 1 water bill.

<span class=
  • Trash.
a grocery list,
pizza coupons
a tag from my new jeans
a empty box of gum stuffed with wrappers
plastic wrap from candy, straws and whatnot.
<span class=
  • Money.(sadly the category with the least amount of items)
my brown old wallet still full of receipts, change and lipsticks (2 tubes)

plus my new fabulous wallet i bought as a bunko prize but decided i needed it and would be sad if i didn't win it, so I'm keeping it, merry christmas to me.which has my cards and 5 bucks cash. a check from blogher and my ID's
  • <span class=
3 single $1 bills and 19 cents change.
<span class=

So what do ya think? is it a bag of tricks? a magic leather bag? the black hole? the pit of despair?

note once again, there are NO diapers or wipes even though I've still got a kid in diapers.

my cell phone could be included in electronics except i primarily keep it in my bra-ket (bra pocket) so i took the electronics pic with my camera phone so i could include my camera in the picture.

no car keys? yeah the hubs used my keys and didn't put them back tonight.

and at any given time there can be toys, jewelry, lotion,scissors, etc. just like the flashlights were just for last night. things change pretty quickly in there. yesterday there was a DS lite and charger. last week it had a bottle of olives, a salami and a bottle of sugar scrub and a bottle of chocolate chips. when i was going to math class on Tues/Thursday i had my giant (scientific) calculator.

yes. my bag is magic.

sure it's heavier than a small child but magical all the same.


what's in your purse?

list it.

take pictures. (or don't.)

reveal the nitty gritty.

do you dare confess the contents of the deepest darkest recesses of your purse?




post signature

© 2009 crazymamaof6

15 comments:

Melissa said...

That was hilarious!! I couldn't believe the list kept going!! My purse is a black hole too, but you have way more useful stuff.

Jen said...

love these posts too! Your purse is a magical bag and anytime we are together I know if I don't have it you do! Love the new wallet. Had to COL at the "it's heavier than a small child" comment!

jayna said...

loved this. i'm gonna have to do it! that's a good thing for me to do in january. ha ha ha.

j

CassiB said...

hilarious! i giggled at "heavier than a small child" too. i love your new wallet! so cute, i wouldn't part with it either.

Wendy Phelps said...

Ha Ha Ha! So funny. I wish I saw the salami, and the giant calculator. Is it giant cause it's a scientific calculator? Or cause it's a goofy giant calculator?

Crazymamaof6 said...

wendy- it's a scientific calculator. i just couldn't think of what it was called by the time i got to that point in the post in the middle of the night. i was going to change that earlier but got sidetracked. ;)

Leslie said...

My purse has two black holes...the side pockets have 2 holes that go underneath the lining of the main purse.

I did get a new purse for christmas so just for you, I may have to take pictures as I transfer stuff to the new purse!! I will post it on my blog when I am done!! This will give me something to do since I just want to call my mom and tell her "I am bored"!!!

Libby said...

Holy Moly!!! If I was stranded on a desert island then you would for sure be on my list of people who I'd need with me.

andrea said...

Too funny. I should do that. I realized the other day as I was digging through it for something that my "Wicked" programs from San Diego this past August are still in there. Who knows what else I might find. I hate my purse. It is ugly. Maybe I need a cute new one for my BDay.

Eliza said...

All I can say is Holy Crap!

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

I just cleaned mine out - DRAT! How about the van? Lets see what you've got going in there!? Mine is a disaster due to the kids being home on break>

tammy said...

I was just thinking of that post too, so it's funny you did it again. Does your shoulder hurt from carrying all that around? I might play. But I might also be going to DB today and getting a new purse with my Christmas giftcard. BTW - I got a cute rhinestone belt from there. Love it! That store is so addicting.

Serendipity said...

Okay this is my FAVORITE post. For real. I laughed soo hard I had tears. The arrow showing the altoid was priceless, not to mention your label of "food storage". Oh Julie I miss you!
1.sunglasses
2.tampon
3.wallet
4.lancome juicy tubes gloss in ginger root
5.planner
6.coupons
7.victorias secret expired coupon
8.crusty note that was left on cookies saying merry christmas
9.reciepts
10. $1.43 in change (lots of pennies)
11.food crumbs
12. wrapper to a straw
and the best I saved for last
13. 6 stool softener pills
11.

Joy in the Journey said...

WOW! I couldn't believe the list kept going either. I have lots of pens, old receipts and 2 things of mace.

Andrea said...

hahaha I love ALL the magical stuff u can fit in your purse. Mine feels like it has bricks in it - yet it's probably a big wad of junk! I need to empty out my purse. Thanks for the reminder :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............