Monday, March 8, 2010

I can just be math-tarded a little longer- another Lesson I learned at college.

Not admitting a mistake is a bigger mistake.
~Robert Half


How often do we resist admitting we've made a mistake, clinging to our choice even when it brings us nothing but stress and unhappiness ?


Why the sudden depth of thought?

I dropped my math class today. the class that within the first week I knew I loathed. but refused to give up.

The teacher was horrible and yet, I continued to go even though her lectures were disjointed and confusing. My first clue was , she couldn't even solve her own examples. I told myself I could overcome the horrible lectures, that taught me nothing and I could teach myself the math.

When I failed my first test. I still went. determined.

When I missed the next test because I was sick for 2 weeks, I still clung to the hope that I could make up 3 chapters worth of sections and 2 tests.

I clung to this plan until this morning when I realized there was yet another test i was unprepared for tomorrow. and knowing i would fail yet another test. i cut my loses.

I'll deal with the feeling of academic failure and get over the loss of funds for that class and the online program.

I gave up. even though the hubs was sure to say, "I told you so" because he'd been harping on me about never getting behind, after I was seriously behind.

Now I'll have no excuse not to rock a freaking A in biology.

Maybe I'll get my floors mopped and my laundry under control. while Pierce is gone to preschool and I'm not wasting my preschool free time in lecture.

remind me next semester:

~If I say in the first week of class that the teacher sucks in any way, I should drop. or transfer to another class. because I knew it was doomed from the beginning.

~That I can't go to class 4 days a week. even if it's "only" an hour. because with travel time and in class time, it's always more than an hour gone. and by then, preschool is over and it's mama time for my sidekick.


While I hate admitting my own mistakes I hate to continue living with the consequences of a bad choice more.

I'd rather own it and move on.

I can just be math-tarded a little longer.



post signature

© 2010 crazymamaof6

4 comments:

Rebecca Irvine said...

So true! You are wise to acknowledge mistakes. I wish I was better at that.

Wendy Phelps said...

I think it is amazing you are able to take any classes. For math you have to have a good teacher.

Amy said...

I'm totally math-tarded. It's one of the reasons college intimidates the hell out of me.

It sounds like your math teacher was a little math-tarded so don't beat yourself up too much!!

jayna said...

owning a mistake is strength (although sometimes it feels like failure). we all make mistakes... it's hard to admit, for sure. ;) glad you dropped the class. the next go round has to be better.

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............