Sunday, June 6, 2010

a white dress and an extravaganza of delight


this Saturday...Joy turns 8.


it's a big deal because when you are 8 you can get baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints. ( Mormon)

so , I'll admit we are the lamest members ever.

so lame in fact we are technically "inactive".

I know right? you never could have guessed that. yeah well, we have 8:30am church time, and it's been a long cold and flu season.

anyway we are inactive enough Joy "got to" have the discussions from the missionaries to prepare for her baptism.

she thought it was pretty FABULOUS , (you know how she likes that adult individual attention)

so with that going on, having the elders over and whatnot, I've been slacking on the prep for Joy's big day.

i got her White dress yesterday.

i did the invites today.
and EMAILED them out. (feeling super classy)


yeah. she is SUPER EXCITED though, and really into it and extra prepared since she has had the lessons herself.

while it could be extra embarrassing for us that we are inactive just enough, and the missionaries and all that, well Joy has taken it in stride and made it super great.

oh super bonus, I'll be singing a song with my girls , a musical # at the baptism.

she didn't want to sing a solo, and the boys didn't want to sing at all. so, i sacrificed my pride and we are singing a song together. it should be an extravaganza of delight.

now if i can just get them to focus while we practice we'll be good to go.

and this makes 4 out of my 6 of an age that they could be baptized.

that makes me OLD. but not as old as i'll feel when Peyton turns 12 this year.



post signature

© 2010 crazymamaof6

5 comments:

Jen said...

Seriously I think it is awesome that she got the disscusions from the missionaries! How better prepared can she be?! LOL and I get the whole "inactive" thing, I flat out told our bishop to not expect us as Sacrament at all for the next few months at least. Cute invites. What a big day for the both of you!

Rebecca Irvine said...

I totally wish I could be there to hear you sing!! I am sure you and the girls will do great.

Ruth Anne said...

I feel so isolated at church, so it was nice to see you.

Congrates on the baptism.

Jenn Toon said...

I can't believe she's 8! Where has the time gone?? Congrats - you're over half way there now! Only 2 more and then all the fun stuff starts - priesthood, girls camp, etc.

tammy said...

Don't be embarrassed about having to have the missionaries teach her. Especially if she loved it. We're all at different stages in life. I went through a period of inactivity, too. Everyone has their own stuff to deal with, even if you can't see it.

Can't wait to see her dress!

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............