Tuesday, August 31, 2010

airing my dirty laundry.


people seem to want the nitty gritty down low.

so here ya go. airing my dirty laundry for your reading pleasure.


up until yesterday, we were trying to modify our home loan.

they denied us.

since the hubs hasn't had a real job since Jan. making our $2500 a month payment for our shack hasn't been possible.

we started trying to modify last fall knowing he was losing his job and our house payment was killing us already with a regular pay check.

and yet...they wouldn't talk to us because we weren't behind.

so we stopped paying so they would talk to us.

unfortunately they finally came around to start the process of working with us, after his job had ended, and then they wouldn't talk to us because he was self employed. and yet not making sufficient for our needs to fully cover our standard living expenses.


we had a lady doing our modification, but in the end, they said our debt to income ratio disqualified us. meaning our lack of sufficient income and our monstrous mortgage didn't add up.

no duh.

even though the only debt we have was the house loan.

wouldn't that be enough reason to modifiy? not to mention it's current market value is not even half of our original loan. AND our situation has drastically changed since we saddled ourselves with the debt. (read being laid off)

circular thinking is ultra lame.

since they denied us, we are suddenly fully in foreclosure and the house goes up for sale on the 13th. it may not even go to auction just a private sale.

SWEET!

sounds sort of underhanded and sneaky, where we suspect they are going to sell it back to themselves for a buck and claim the loss.

it's stellar.

I sorta wish the obama modification plan actually worked. In theory , we would totally benefit.

alas, it's a tricky deal and i've yet to hear of anyone having it actually work out.

LAME.

in the long run we'll be better off. (finding the bright side)

this house is older and sort of outdated and we've always been buried under a hefty payment so we couldn't fix anything up.

I'm not all that churchy but i'm pretty sure the lord has been preparing me to let go of my sentimental attachment to my childhood home, ya know with floods and plagues and swarms of bees. (literally, if i wasn't lazy i'd link up those posts)

It sort of feels good now though, we are finally moving forward again, instead of waiting with bated breath, stagnant, wondering if it would go through, or not? not fixing anything needing fixed. not decorating. not moving forward.

because why bother? if it was going to vanish just as soon as i finally finished painting my delicious fuchsia walls .

now i can move and bust out my Halloween delights as soon as i'm settled. or maybe first thing. ;) I've been wanting to bust it out for weeks, but why bother if i just have to put it away and pack up? i wasn't sure. so i couldn't bring myself to get it out.


Now that I've looked at what's out there in the rental market, it frankly sickens me that for what we paid in mortgage we could have had a HUGE GLORIOUS house for the same price.

sigh.


at least this way we'll get a fresh start. and maybe move to a rockin' neighborhood with lots of kids.

Don't worry, we aren't going far. well, not out of state or anything.

we could move as close as around the block (pass) or ya know super far, {meaning} across town but we'll still be in the state of denial. ahem, I mean AZ. and we'll always have FB to keep us close.

so with that,

onto the fun part-

today we looked at houses.

the hubsters sisters are both Realtors, one hooked me up with MLS listings and another one took us to see a few. flipping rad.

funny thing is the one i love is the one my friend sent me, conveniently around the block from her. SO FUN!

now to apply and hope we get approved for the one we really want....fingers crossed.

Now I'm super hoping the hubs gets the job he's been interviewing for because i could use some money right about now. i hate being poor.


yup. so that's the scoop. i'll admit i was a little overwhelmed but i'm feeling pretty excited at the change of scenery.


wish us luck and good vibes on getting the one we want, and the job.


we need all the good vibes we can get.


oh and super huge hugs for the friends that helped in the search.

i had a handful wishing i was moving out by them. (even out of state) and another handful sending me helpful links and offering help.

it makes a girl feel loved. and sorta popular. so thanks friends. it made my day a whole lot brighter.

I'll be sure to keep ya updated on the latest episode of Crazymama's life adventures !



post signature

© 2010 crazymamaof6

18 comments:

Jenn Toon said...

Good luck! We're looking at work too - but ours is out of state. Thank goodness for FB to keep updated on everyone. Hope it all turns out like you wish!!

Melissa said...

I'm sorry to hear that you've had to go through all that. Yeah, I'm with you about the whole modification thing- it's a farce! We've been trying for 8 months to get a loan mod. because my husbands income is 1/2 of what it was when we got the loan in 2006. Of course it's not worth nearly what we paid for it so we can't sell it. I've given up hope, so we will probably be in the rental market soon also. Good luck with your move.

Katie said...

Good luck with everything! Sucky situation, but sounds like you will be better off. xoxoxo

The Ayers Family said...

We suffered through the same process for over TWENTY-TWO MONTHS!!! I can't even begin to tell you what a relief it is to finally rid yourself of the stress that comes with that. I was physically ill for the last year.
I'm excited for you and your family!!!

Jenni said...

It totally stinks you guys have been through so much....but I am glad that you are getting to move on. You are awesome and I know that where ever life takes you you always make the best of it! I really look up to you so much!!!! Good luck and I am sending all the best vibes your way!!!!

Tammy said...

Best of luck toyu Julie. Your family is in our prayers. Change is good! That is how we learn and we grow. THis is an opportunity to create new memeories that you may hove not ever the the opportunity to experience! You go girl!

Audrey said...

I'm so sorry/ What a crappy thing to have happen, not to meantion being sick and preg. too! Hope all works out for you! We soon might be inthe same situation since my husband has been laid off since Nov and there are no jog=bs in our neck of the woods!

Sarah said...

i don't know whether to be happy or sad for you!

the system is SO f'ed up -- it punishes people who are trying to do the right thing! and it seems that no matter what reform the gov't tries to make, the banks find a way to twist it to their benefit.

but, on the bright side, with real estate being what it is in AZ (yay! my condo it worth 1/2 what i paid for it! yay!), you guys will totally be able to land something MEGA to rent. and as a renter, if something breaks, you don't have to fix it!

jayna said...

change CAN be really great!! i hope you get the house you want and i hope the hubs gets that job!!! here's to crossing my fingers for you!! can't wait to see what exciting new place you end up in!

xoxo

tammy said...

It's good you can see the bright side. I'm sure it's hard to leave your childhood home, but you'll still have all the memories and that's what important.

I'm so ticked at what's goin on in the housing market. Banks who were giving loans to people they knew weren't going to be able to afford it. My BIL was working for a mortgage company and he would tell us stories of people getting loans who didn't even have jobs. The banks didn't care. The loan officers didn't care. They just wanted to keep raking in the huge commissions. Stupid. The banks did it to themselves and now everyone is paying for it.

Then the people who knowingly walk away from their house, just to get a better deal. I'm not talking about those who are unemployed or have fallen on hard times. I'm talking about those that see what they can get for smaller payments, and just walk away from the house they're in. It's sabotaged it for the rest of us.

Anyway, I hope you get the house you want and it turns out to be a good move for you.

Eliza said...

I can feel your pain! Good luck in all the new changes. In a way I'm sure it's like a huge burden has been lifted. I'm with you, I'm kind of over Mesa. It's just not what it used to be...

Laura said...

I cannot imagine the stress you must have been under. After reading your monthly payment I was shocked though. I think in the end finding a new place with a more affordable payment might be a blessing in disguise! That payment is outrageous! All the best I hope you end up with a bigger, better home in a kidful neighborhood!

Laura said...

Until then, hang in there. I am thinking about you!

Tracy said...

Sending good vibes to you and hubby! Change is good. Prayers are sent your way!
Tracy

Rebecca Irvine said...

Keep looking forward and leave all the junk behind you. I will be sending good vibes your way!

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

you will have to keep us posted. I'm sure everything will work out and you will find the perfect house with the perfect neighbors. Are you coming out here by us? That would be super fun!!! I can't wait to hear more about it!

Kimm said...

Let me know if you need help like taking some kids off your hands so you can pack, or I'll come over and help you pack. At least you finally have an answer. And yes, the system is screwed up! Just think new schools, new home, new possibilities!

Mama T. said...

You are one of my favorite people and we've never even met. I know everything will work out for you. We're all sending positive energy your way. I'll have my mom use her 'supernatural powers' to positively influence your situations as well.
Love ya!

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............