Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Stunning


who knew it could be such a good time? the laughter, the tears. the spelling errors and the outrageous expectations of some of these people.

you wonder what exactly i'm referring to?




CRAIGS LIST.

heavenly day. it is a good time. when i'm not seriously looking for anything in particular.

sure there are a few gems to be found, and then there are the people attempting to sell hideously ugly items for TOP DOLLAR.

the descriptions.... OMG {oh my gosh} are delightful {slash} delusional.

the pricing is laughable.

and the treasures at top dollar.

who doesn't want a genie chair for $1400?

the description...

2
. Genie Chair - Environmentally Friendly Genie Chair- Rope Dark Honey Wicker - incl. 4 back cushions. New chairs range anywhere from $2500 - $5500. Selling for $1400 obo

height: 108"
width: 48"
depth: 48"

Interior reading light.

***I'm also open to trading for other furniture - nice bedroom set, sofa, or you tell me ... but please include pics in an email.

so totally HOT!


it's best enjoyed with a friend. or a hubs pretending to look at what you are showing him.

GLORIOUS.

i love the truth in advertising on this one.

they titled the item - ugly sofa.


not like these people

i mean these are way uglier than the ugly sofa.


i did search under the term Stunning.

while often the item in question doesn't even have a picture to back up that claim.

a few actually were stunning and i might have even wanted a couple.

Dang it!

the hubs nixed that plan of course.


i confess, i think buying a couch off of craigslist kinda grosses me out. and yet oddly enough buying a bed i don't intend to sleep on doesn't bother me.

you should have seen the look i got when i admitted that tidbit of info.


what do you think of craigslist?



post signature

© 2010 crazymamaof6

8 comments:

tammy said...

If Connor sees that Genie chair he's going to think it's awesome. Especially with the reading light! Hilarious!

The only thing I've gotten off of Craig's List were moving boxes. I know people who've gotten great finds, and others who it's never worked out.

Lainie said...

I like Craigslist. We actually bought a sectional off of there a couple of years ago and it was fine. I think when you go into the houses where the furniture is coming from you can pretty much figure out if it's going to be clean or not! We have also purchased a bass guitar off of there and Brian's currently looking for a new Blackberry since his isn't working that great. Good luck!

Amy said...

I love craigslist! In Utah we also have KSL classifieds, which is almost as cool as craigslist, if not cooler! But no matter which one, I find them delightful as well.

DEANNA said...

YOU HAVE ME ROLLIN WITH LAUGHTER WOMAN. I LOVE CRAIGSLIST.. ALTHOUGH, ADMITTEDLY, I HAVE ONLY SOLD THINGS, NEVER BOUGHT OFF OF IT!!!

LOVE THE UGLY COUCHES. AND IF THE HONEY CHAIR WAS LIKE 50 BUCKS.... MY DAUGHTER WOULD WANT IT YESTERDAY.... BUT I WOULD HAVE TO PAINT IT PINK!!!!

HOPE YOUR LIL BUN... OR IS IT A LEMON NOW..... IS GROWING BIG!

DEANNA said...

YOU HAVE ME ROLLIN WITH LAUGHTER WOMAN. I LOVE CRAIGSLIST.. ALTHOUGH, ADMITTEDLY, I HAVE ONLY SOLD THINGS, NEVER BOUGHT OFF OF IT!!!

LOVE THE UGLY COUCHES. AND IF THE HONEY CHAIR WAS LIKE 50 BUCKS.... MY DAUGHTER WOULD WANT IT YESTERDAY.... BUT I WOULD HAVE TO PAINT IT PINK!!!!

HOPE YOUR LIL BUN... OR IS IT A LEMON NOW..... IS GROWING BIG!

Rita said...

That genie chair is awesome. Ha. I love, love craigslist, but it has to be worth it. I'm not going to go to the trouble of it all for 5 dollars. We've bought couches off craigslist but I'm a little leery of sitting on it until I can give it as good of a cleaning as you can give a used couch. But the price makes it okay:).

Mamarazzi said...

oh the hilarity of that chair and fugly sofa.

i have SOLD a lot of stuff on Craig's list and made ONE purchase. My dining table and chairs. but yeah, you have to wade through some craptastic stuff to find a real treasure!

Cynthia said...

It's not Craig's list (local news station classifieds are more popular around here than Craig's list) but I love reading the ads. Some people really don't know their stuff is junk and OTHER people don't know their junk is good stuff. It's all relative I suppose. Still, I got a 7-drawer, MAHOGANY desk for a mere $35. It's gorgeous. Well, almost gorgeous. It will BE gorgeous when I'm done refinishing it. I've gotten some other great deals from it too.

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............