Friday, February 11, 2011

kids are funny people

Today Joy came upstairs wearing a pink and red heart print dress, I asked her if she wanted to save it and wear it to school Monday but then corrected myself and told her to just wear it since I usually buy the kids new valentine shirts anyway.

Her reply? "well I hope it's not going to be fuchsia and black again because I know you like that but not everyone likes that color."

Funny girl.
~~

The other night the hubs was out of town and Peyton was gone repelling with the scouts and Liberty and I had new beginnings (an evening program to welcome the new girls that will be turning 12 this year into their program at church).

So I had to call grandma to come stay with the little kids at home until Peyton got home.

Apparently Pierce kept farting. And announcing it, he's classy like that. But he can't say his F sounds very well so grandma didn't understand what he was talking about right away until someone translated for her.

But Pierce continued to explain it, his definition? "You know, when your butt stinks and makes a noise."

We all had to laugh at his definition. ~~

The other day Pierce and I went shopping and he found a couple baby items he wanted to get for Patriot.

One was a blue silky backed blanket with a bear on it that rattled. After a couple days he'd started to want to claim it for himself to play with.

So I had one of the big kids hunt down a brown leopard print bear one he had as a baby.

Pierce was thrilled but his excitement started Hope crying about needing her baby blanket.

So we dug up her fuchsia baby blanket, which then turned in hunting down Joy's pink flowered blanket.

Yesterday I took 3 kids to the dentist, all 3 had to drag their baby blankets along.

Joy had enough sense to leave hers in the car.

I have a feeling some people will do some regressing when the baby makes his appearance.

maybe if I humor them now they will be over it before the baby comes.

Pierce talks about being a big kid and is excited Patriot is the little brother , totally fine with the fact that the baby will replace him as the baby boy of the family. As long as he gets new stuff too.

Hope is seemingly never going to give up her status as the baby girl and all that title entails. She enjoys all the attention she gets as the littlest sister.


Since the hubs has been travelling for work and it's just me getting everyone ready I started a friendly competition to see who can be the first one ready.

I haven't figured out the prize yet but just having the title of FIRST! Is thrill enough for now.

Now They race to get ready and brag about beating everyone else.












Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

3 comments:

Daisygirl said...

crap I love your little guy...ya know when your butt makes noise...now that is classic! haha!

Cynthia said...

My 3 kids all have 'minky' blankets that I made. Big Daddy even got one for Christmas this year. You're never too old to cuddle up in a cozy blanket!

DEANNA said...

I AM SO EXCITED YOU SENT ME AN INVITE TO YOUR BABY SHOWER!! NOW I JUST NEED TO FIGURE OUT HOW I CAN SWING IT. I WILL LET YOU KNOW BY WEDNESDAY WOMAN!!! THANK YOU!!!

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............