Wednesday, August 24, 2011

remember me, accomplishments and words of advice...

Oh geeze it's Wednesday already?!

it's week 3 of school and this mama is already tired of the daily grind.

instead of pictures of my car thermometer that said 119 while i was in the middle of my hour plus afternoon pick up ,

I'm playing We want to know Wednesday. with mamarazzi and Queso.

(link button at the bottom)


1. What is the best advice someone has ever given you?

my grandma used to say, "Don't do anything once that you don't want to do, for the rest of your life."

so I've never mowed the lawn.

Genius bit of advice.


2. What is your greatest accomplishment?

kicking Thyroid cancers butt while having babies and putting my hubs through school.

I mean I survived it all and came out more positive, a bigger advocate for myself and learned that in the eternal scheme of things little stuff just doesn't matter.

I gained perspective that i never could have otherwise. my accomplishment isn't in doing it all, it's in seeing what i gained during those trials and overcoming every single one a better person.


3. Who do you admire?

my mom. she's awesome. love her the best.


4. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?

geeze, way to go asking the hard hitting questions...If i could change anything about myself , it would be my self confidence level. the rest can be fixed with assorted surgeries and whatnot.

I love how my kids tell me I'm awesome. beautiful. amazing. and they love me just the way I am.

the other morning i was doing the girls hair and they asked how i met the hubs so i told them the story. and said something along the lines that I WAS beautiful back in the day.

Joy corrected me, "not WAS Mom! you ARE beautiful! Still!"

awww. sweet.


5. How do you want to be remembered?

as my best, most fun to be with, happy, upbeat self.

stylish, attractive, generous, intelligent, amazing and fabulous would be great too.

doesn't everyone want to be remembered as their best version of themselves? I mean as opposed to cranky, whiny, not fun, pessimistic and not delightful at all. i have my days but i hope the good overcomes and out shines the bad .




Photobucket

post signature

© 2011 crazymamaof6

8 comments:

Mamarazzi said...

i REALLY love your grandma's advice THAT is brilliant!!

i thought you had a lot of self confidence...you had me fooled. i thought you knew you were fabulous and beautiful and all that good stuff!

love that your girls are growing up knowing how fabulous they are.

Connie said...

Ohhhh! I want to be remember as stylish too!

Great answers!

Anonymous said...

She has a point: if you start doing something, people will always expect you to from then on out. Good advice!

Randomlicious Memoirs said...

Great advice!! :) I never mowed the lawn either.
I need to remember that one!

VandyJ said...

Perfect advice! I don't mow the lawn or pick up dog poop. There are just some things I won't do.

Robin said...

That is a huge accomplishment. You have every right to be proud!!

Amy said...

I wish I could say I've never mowed a lawn but alas, that's what our business is all about. I've mowed more lawns than I can count. Used to mow 100+ a week with the hubs and crew.

I would love for people to remember me for all the reasons you listed but I think it will be because I'm crazy....

Renee said...

Your grandma and mine wouldv'e been fast friends...great advice and SO TRUE. I've never mowed the lawn or done any yard work...and I was quite clear about never doing any from day one!

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............