Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Vanity, perspective and priorities.

I've been wallowing since last Wednesday. it's not a happy thing. i cried more about this than i did about having cancer , over something i want soley for my vanity. I thought about posting about it. i still might but I'm tired of wallowing.

after a little retail therapy and some time to reflect on my priorities I'm ready to move on,

so here is my happy list.....


I'm happy we went on a mini staycation with the herd and the hubs and my favorite brother and his family this weekend.

best part about it for the kids was the adjoining rooms.

I'm happy it was super cheap and the hotel was free because we used points from the hubs frequent hotel stays. it's the upside to the hubs being gone all week, every week.

I'm happy we are planning another fun trip soon.


I'm happy about October break this week. the kids and I have fun stuff planned. a zoo trip. playdate at the park with friends. they all went to the dentist today and I'm happy there isn't TONS to do on their treatment plans.

I'm happy I've gained a little perspective about where my priorities are.


I'm happy that something new and exciting is being announced tomorrow on the blog. and NO, i'm not pregnant.


what are you happy about this week?


Click on the button and link up with mamarazzi! it's almost as much fun and therapeutic as retail therapy.



Photobucket

post signature

© 2011 crazymamaof6

9 comments:

Connie said...

It's amazing what a little trip to a hotel can do for you!

Hope you have a better week.

One Fantastic Housewife! said...

I need a mini vacay soon. It would feel so good!

I have been in the dumps for a couple days. I'll get over it.

I love announcements!

Conni said...

Some times different surroundings can make all of the difference.....maybe I need a stay-cation, lol

Hopefully this week will be better for you

Amy said...

Going to a hotel for even just a night is always so much fun! My kids love it too :)

Aubrey S. said...

A stay-cation sounds like just the ticket. Glad you enjoyed yours.

Unknown said...

Yay for staycations!! And for a free hotel! We used my hubby's points to get two Kindles.

Glad you were able to get your work things out. Retail therapy is the best!

Thanks for sharing your happy!

VandyJ said...

Staycations are always worth it!

Mamarazzi said...

i know the announcement!! squeeeeeel!

staycation sounds fabulous! retail therapy works!

October vacation? really? never heard of it!

i saw y'all went to the Zoo today, RAD!

thanks for linking up!!

Cynthia said...

I'm happy to have some time away with my spouse and kids this weekend- even though that means CAMPING! UGH! I'm thankful for my job. It was so scary going back to work after being a SAHM for 10 years but I'm loving it! I'm happy I have such great kids and a home and an employed spouse. Lots of happy stuff around here- even though there are some unhappy things too.

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............