Wednesday, October 12, 2011

when illness strikes- WWTKW


Welcome to We Want to Know Wednesdays!

Hosted by Mamarazzi, Queso and Crazymama!


Photobucket

Yup, you read that right, I'm now hostessing with Queso and Mamarazzi.

It's a trifecta of FABULOUSNESS!

I was super stoked to be asked to join them in hostessing.



With Fall upon us and seasonal allergies and colds going around...Crazymama wants to know:

{1} What is your feel better remedy when you are sick?
{2} When illness strikes, what is your policy on staying home from work, school or church with yourself and the family?
{3} What do you think is worse? Flu or cold?
{4} Flu shots? Do you get them? Have you yet?
{5} When are are feeling down, what is your usual, go-to therapy? (retail therapy, exercise, comfort food, etc).

Here are my answers...

{1} What is your feel better remedy when you are sick?

rest. i take the day off, sometimes two, i prefer being sick on the weekend. then the hubs can take care of business. also I drink water, lots of super cold water. i get really thirsty when I don't feel well.


{2} When illness strikes, what is your policy on staying home from work, school or church with yourself and the family?

like i said, i take the day off from my work as a mom. and only get by with the minimum. which means the kids go to school looking like orphans, i only get up to do hair and drop kids off and if the hubs is here i just do hair. and then i go back to bed.

if the kids are sick, they can stay home only if they have barfed, have a real fever, or they shart in their pants. because , no one wants to leave the house when you can't trust a fart.

on Sundays, for church, if 3 or more of the kids are sick, OR the hubs and some kids, OR if i am sick, we stay home. we don't like to share our germs and if multiple people have it, who knows who is next, it's my way of preventing an outbreak in the neighborhood.

Let's be real, if I'm totally ILL i'm not getting out of my sickbed to make sure the herd is presentable for church.

unless i'm not really sick, and i am just taking a day off, THEN i'll get up and get everyone ready and send them with the hubs so i can really rest. Like when i was pregnant and couldn't muster the energy to stand or sit for too long.


{3} What do you think is worse? Flu or cold?

I hate colds, sinus infections and all things that either cause them or follow them.

i can totally handle the flu. unless it's me, ALONE with 7 kids for the week. then i want to die a little. vomiting i can do, fever and aches i can't hack.

colds and allergies kick my trash now (after thyroid cancer) and always turn into something worse for me than for anyone in the house.

{4} Flu shots? Do you get them? Have you yet?

we usually all get one. last year we didn't and i'd wished i had when the above scenario happened a few times and we passed the flu around to each other multiple times.

i need to get my flu shot one day, before a not busy weekend,just in case i get sick after it, so the hubs can be here to hold down the fort.


{5} When are are feeling down, what is your usual, go-to therapy? (retail therapy, exercise, comfort food, etc).

i fully subscribe to retail therapy. it can brighten the darkest day.

when i had cancer, after a bad appointment i'd stop at my favorite store for a little retail therapy. it always made me happy and took my focus off the bad news or stress at my reality.

i alternate shopping up with comfort food. carbs and candy.

shopping is a better choice.




I will be by later today to visit and comment on your blogs!!



All posts for We Want to Know should include:
1. The darling WWTK button
2. A link to your co hosts Mamarazzi, Queso and Crazymama
Links must lead to WWTK posts that contain the WWTK button. Posts should lead to Family Friendly blogs. Blogs containing explicit language and/or sexually explicit content should contain an "adult content warning", or risk being removed from the link list. Kthanks!

post signature

© 2011 crazymamaof6

9 comments:

Robin said...

I drank lots of Ice Water... and it felt so good when I had the fever.

I'm lucky in that it's just me and Roy and my days of children with illnesses are over. When one gets sick the other would get it... and it was forever gettin' rid of a virus.

Connie said...

I have to drink coke and eat crackers when I'm sick! It's the only thing that helps!

tren said...

Yeah, sending a kid to school with a leaky butt would be cruel! Do you have anyone else around who helps you with kids when you are ill? Parents, friends, visiting teachers? I hope you stay well!

K Lind said...

"no one wants to leave the house when you can't trust a fart." Haha! You make me laugh. I'm glad to see you as a new host! I look forward to it!

K Lind said...

"no one wants to leave the house when you can't trust a fart." Haha! You make me laugh. I'm glad to see you as a new host! I look forward to it!

Mamarazzi said...

ok YES a Trifecta of FABULOUSNESS love that!!

shart...LMAO...if you can't trust a fart you should totally be allowed to stay home.

you kill me, love your answers and i am sooo glad that you are co hosting with us!!

Gigi Baby said...

First off kudos for u for being a cancer survivor!!!!!! my aunt would do the same thing after her sessions. Her choice was T.J. Maxx lol! Awesome answers!

Loves and likes ya <3
Gigi

Myya said...

I prefer weekends so the hubs can take over the business... HA!!!

Can't trust a fart... you had me CRACKING UP!!!

You are TOTALLY right, retail therapy is such a great thing! Although, yummy food, candy & carbs are awesome as well. Why can't we all have the motabolism of an 18 year old again. Sigh.

lynn said...

Retail therapy is great...it's the bill you get afterwards that sucks! lol

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............