Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Move over Halloween, here comes Christmas. WWTKW

Welcome to We Want to Know Wednesdays Q&A!
Hosted by Mamarazzi, Queso and ME (crazymama) . join in and link up.


it's fun, i promise, ESPECIALLY SINCE I'm asking the questions today !


Photobucket



With Halloween on the brain and november upon us I'm gearing up for black friday, oh ahem I mean thanksgiving and I admit i'm a little freaked about Christmas.

{1} How did you celebrate Halloween? Trick or treating? Adult party? Trunk or treat?
{2} What candy is your favorite/the first thing you steal from the kids?
{3} What kind of candy do you give out, is it your favorite? or something you know you won't be tempted to eat?
{4} How soon after Halloween do you take down decorations and put away costumes?
{5} When do you decorate for the next holiday?

So with that disclaimer in mind...here we go.

{1} How did you celebrate Halloween? Trick or treating?Adult party?Trunk or treat?

We had a family party earlier in the month,

a school sponsored trunk or treat last Thursday night (it was awkward again with my past haunting me),

a Saturday night halloween carnival/chili cook-off

and on the big day...

we went to a pre-trick or treating baked potato party with friends around the block and trick or treating with the neighbors.

Pierce was a different character for 3 events and finally decided on Spider-man.


{2} What candy is your favorite/the first thing you steal from the kids?

I love butterfingers. And reese's and milkyways and snickers.

{3} What kind of candy do you give out, is it your favorite?or something you know you won't be tempted to eat?

We gave out warheads and sour cubes, which I don't love, therefore it's easy to resist.

And then Reese's assortment with kit kat, whoppers and hershey bars. I had to ensure there was something I enjoyed while passing out the goods.



{4} How soon after Halloween do you take down decorations and put away costumes?

I took down decorations today. And finally hung my fall wreath. It's AZ so fall is a fantasy and we pretend it's fall until the temps get below 75.

Tomorrow I'll tackle costumes (it looks like a costume store exploded in my house).

I'm so over it this year, sometimes I love it so much I leave it up through November until i'm ready to decorate for Christmas,
It's not that kind of year. I'm on the retail holiday schedule rushing things.


{5} When do you decorate for the next holiday?

I am going to decorate extra early for christmas this year. Or at least I want to,

but I just realized I have a crawling baby, he's gonna kill my tree. And my decorations.

Huh. that should be fun.

Still before thanksgiving I plan on being done decorating for christmas. I have to be christmas party ready before the Saturday after thanksgiving. And with crazy shopping on blackfriday that won't give me enough time or energy to do it all to the degree of fabulousness I expect of myself.

The next few weeks are going to fly by.

I'm not ready. The thought that november has already begun is freaking me out.


Thanks for linking up and playing along, I can't wait to read everyone's answers.


if you wanna participate

All posts for We Want to Know should include:
1. The darling WWTK button
2. A link to your co hosts Mamarazzi, Queso and Crazymama
Links must lead to WWTK posts that contain the WWTK button. Posts should lead to Family Friendly blogs. Blogs containing explicit language and/or sexually explicit content should contain an "adult content warning", or risk being removed from the link list. Kthanks!


here is the linky...



-

Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.2

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

My house is the same way with costumes. I gathered all the pieces together and it's all in Captain America's shield, waiting to be put SOMEwhere...

Annsterw said...

I LOVE WWTKW!!!!!! Can't wait to read everyone elses answers!!!

VandyJ said...

I don't decorate for thanksgiving. I make sure the house is clean and then cook, but we don't decorate. We do decorate for Christmas--at least a tree. WE put our tree up on a low table to keep our crawling, pulling up baby from eating it a couple years running.

Jill said...

I'm a little freaked out about November too - I haven't started Christmas shopping yet, and I like to be done by December...that puts a looooot of pressure on November! haha!

Christine said...

I'm worried about shopping this year. I feel like I should have already started, but I'm a slacker. Working in retail, I just don't always want to go out shopping!

Good luck with your tree and ornaments! We have dogs.cats we worry about every year.

Cyndy Bush said...

Mmm, Butterfingers. LOVE them! Y'all had a ton of fun for Halloween!
I don't decorate for Christmas until well into December. I'm weird like that.

jayna said...

Fun! I just did this too!

lynn said...

Wow, you had a busy Halloween! Mine was pretty boring in comparison.

I can't believe it's November already! I'm not ready to start thinking about Christmas.

K Lind said...

Love your choice of candy! Sounds like a busy time for you!

Mamarazzi said...

oh yeah i didn't even thing about a crawling baby...you are in trouble!

loved the questions!!

Alicia said...

dude my kids are getting big and they STILL don't leave the dang tree alone! and i am SO ready to put up my decorations...its killing me to wait!! fun questions boo! :)

Camie Rae said...

Yeesh! You're stressing me out! It IS coming up so fast isn't it!?! GAH!!

Dee said...

I should have been smart enough to buy candy I wasn't tempted to eat lol!

Bridget said...

Aye, aye, aye, Christmas shouldn't be coming this quickly! Now, I'm feeling stressed...

You give out warheads? My child would have loved trick or treating at your house!

The Lovely One said...

What kind of festivities are you having the Saturday after Thanksgiving? I love a good excuse to have a party!

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............