Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pie-tastic and black friday Hype. WWTKW


Take a break from the Thanksgiving preparations for a little Q&A. it's holiday themed and seriously if i found a minute in the insanity, you sure as hell can too.

Photobucket




Thanksgiving week edition. I have black Friday on the brain and I've been planning and baking my Thanksgiving pie contest entries I'm asking the questions this week, So...here we go.


The Questions-
{1} What is your favorite food item at Thanksgiving dinner?

{2} What is your least favorite?

{3} Do you have a favorite pie? (Share a recipe if you want or just tell us about it and make us drool)

{4} Do you have any thanksgiving traditions?

{5} Black friday shopping? Do you participate in the delightful running through the stores in the wee hours of the morning madness or hibernate at home and shop online?


My answers~


{1} What is your favorite food item at Thanksgiving dinner?

I LOVE candied carrots. they are my holiday must have! so much so, that i have to make them and bring them so I KNOW that they will be there.


{2} What is your least favorite?

Giblets. are you freaking kidding me? gag.

Also, "in the bird" stuffing honestly grosses me out. regular Stove Top is fine.

{3} Do you have a favorite pie? (Share a recipe if you want or just tell us about it and make us drool)

I LOVE Homemade apple pie made by Uncle Tony, and the hubs has made ours with Tony's/grandma's recipe for the last 2 years and HOLY CRAP! I am in heaven.

we went yesterday and assembly lined 16 pies with Uncle Tony, the hubs, and his Sisters.

I might have had apple pie for lunch and dinner and a late night snack yesterday. ;)




{4} Do you have any thanksgiving traditions?

The Delight? My family does a Pie contest every year. it's one way to get a variety of pies to dinner AND enough to feed the crowd of over 40 people.

there are even prizes!

the downside? because each kid wants to win something so they have to enter a pie, which equates to me making 7 pies. plus all of the pies the hubs makes.

I think I'll try these and a few others this year. we'll see how we do.






{5} Black friday shopping? Do you participate in the delightful running through the stores in the wee hours of the morning madness or hibernate at home and shop online?

after dinner and the pie contest, the ladies and I all sit around and plan our black Friday strategy! we are masters at divide and conquering.

I am a black Friday fanatic.

It's my favorite day of the whole year.

I'm going to practice today. and tomorrow night i'll be meeting my ladies early to stake out our items and places in line to kick some major black friday butt!

watch out.

I admit, it's a tad embarrassing when people recognize me year after year, shopping the sales. (i better put my make-up on and leave the dorky hat at home).

if you are local and you see me, try not to stare and go ahead and say Hi, so i don't feel like i have toilet paper trailing out of my pants or a booger dangling out of my nose, because that is embarrassing too.

I'll be the fat lady cackling as she's running down the aisle.


All posts for We Want to Know should include:
1. The darling WWTK button
2. A link to your co hosts Mamarazzi, Queso and Crazymama
Links must lead to WWTK posts that contain the WWTK button. Posts should lead to Family Friendly blogs. Blogs containing explicit language and/or sexually explicit content should contain an "adult content warning", or risk being removed from the link list. Kthanks!










post signature

© 2011 crazymamaof6

7 comments:

CassiB said...

I so want to follow you around and just stare at you! J/K. Being famous would be so annoying to me! I hate being looked at let alone stated at. Now I want pie for breakfast-thanks for the pics!

VandyJ said...

Those pies look fantastic.
I hate the giblets too--yuck and double yuck!

Emmy said...

That is a lot of pies! My husband has an uncle who's family is way big into pies- they have one pie for every person pretty much.

Urban Earthworm said...

I have a rule not to set foot outside until after noon on Black Friday. Crowds make me violent.

I am super jealous of the size of your Thanksgiving and your pie contest! Thanks to the Marine Corps, the only family we have for Thanksgiving this year is the four of us. Certainly enough, and a happy family and all, but I miss big family Thanksgivings.

And all that pie!!!

jayna said...

Yummmmmm! Pies!! I love that you have a contest. That's awesome. Is your apple pie recipe something you share? If so, I would love an email. If not, then I'll just sit here and drool.

Have fun on black friday... i so don't do that. ;)

hugs,

Beth W said...

Uhmm....button link is horribly awry. Just FYI!

Clairity said...

A pie contest, that's priceless. Your Thanksgiving seems like the funnest I've ever come across :) Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............