Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Chores....maids and cleaning supplies, oh my! WWTKW

Last week while doing the dishes (which i completely abhor) i was thinking about how it was MY TURN to think up some questions for We want to know Wednesday!

So, while i stood there looking out the window wishing i was doing ANYTHING ELSE, i wondered if everyone else hated doing dishes as much as i do?

or is it Laundry, the never ending battle between you and the mountain of dirty clothes, or is it the pile of CLEAN clothes you just can't find the time to tackle?

anyway, that train of thought brought me to this weeks questions. so here we go.... play along with us, Me, Mamarazzi, and Queso while we avoid the housework and take a few minutes to blog and link up.

THE QUESTIONS....(dun,dun, dun)


(1) Fantasy style, money is no object, If you could pick one type of help which would it be? And why
A. A maid.
B. A nanny
C. A personal chef

(2) What is your least favorite household chore?

(3) your least loathed ( or favorite) household task/ daily chore?

(4). What is your favorite cleaning supply? Do you have any magic cleaning tips to share with your readers?

(5). What is your usual housework avoidance activity? Besides playing along and linking up with the fabulous Mamarazzi, Queso and Crazymama for we want to know Wednesday?


(1) Fantasy style, money is no object, If you could pick one type of help which would it be? And why?

A. A maid.
B. A nanny
C. A personal chef

A. A maid. mine comes on Thursdays. she does the basics, toilets, vacuuming , sweeping and mopping. they make the beds and tidy the clutter.

Why a maid? because i have 7 kids and my hubs is gone all week travelling for work. CRAP, even when i only had 1 kid i couldn't seem to make time to clean. being outnumbered 7 to 1 it's a losing battle. i could maybe keep a clean house, but i wouldn' t be pleasant to live with. it's better this way.

i pick a maid over a nanny because, i like my kids. i didn't have them to have someone else raise them. '
and a chef would be great but i can cook. and when i don't want to, budget permitting we pick something up. we have pizza alot. a chef would be awesome though.

A. a maid and that's my final answer.


(2) What is your least favorite household chore?

dishes. there are always a ton to do. even eating on paper plates like we do, cooking creates more dishes. it's a never ending cycle. dishes are gross, i'm a little ocd about them as far as pre washing them, and it's just alot to keep up with here. doing the dishes USED to make me gag. ok and sometimes it would make me puke. i've gotten better over the years.

(3) your least loathed ( or favorite) household task/ daily chore? WHO wrote this stupid question? oh, me? yeah. um i don't mind folding towels. i also find enjoyment in washing mirrors and scrubbing toilets. FOR REAL.



(4). What is your favorite cleaning supply? Do you have any magic cleaning tips to share with your readers?
I love Folex.

It's my magic go to vomit on the carpet, stain on the chair cleaner. The hubs used to do flooring (for like 15 years installing) before he became a computer nerd/engineer. this is what he suggests for every situation. i have bottles of it stockpiled and handy for emergencies.

you can get it for less than 5 bucks for a big spray bottle OR you can get it by the gallon at Home Depot in the carpet section and the cleaning sections. for about $15 bucks. WORTH EVERY PENNY if you have kids or pets, or both.


I also enjoy Soft scrub all purpose cleaner for the kitchen, there is a bathroom one, and a bleach one too but the regular one is the one i keep buying. I like it because, the nozzle makes it so you can use it foaming or regular sprayer style. and whatever is in it works rad. Seriously after the maid used it here, she likes it so much she buys it and tells other clients about it.





(5). What is your usual housework avoidance activity? Besides playing along and linking up with the fabulous Mamarazzi, Queso and Crazymama for we want to know Wednesday?

i like to go shopping. i need supplies first (i tell myself) the baby and I just hit the store after we've ditched everyone else at school, and then i need to run errands. stuff that i wouldn't want to drag a herd of kids along with me for. and sometimes i am on a quest for something. i go on quests pretty regularly, hitting multiple locations of the same chain store. gotta check the merchandise.

i'm really good at avoiding the housework and on Thursdays, i drop cash off for the maid and leave. there is just something awkward about being here and watching them clean and being in the way while they mop. yup. drop the money and run. it's my style.

and that's how i avoid the housework. ;)



So grab the questions, like up and don't forget the cute we want to know wednesday button

Photobucket



and A link to your fabulous co hosts Mamarazzi, Queso and Crazymama

Links must lead to WWTK posts that contain the WWTK button. Posts should lead to Family Friendly blogs. Blogs containing explicit language and/or sexually explicit content should contain an "adult content warning", or risk being removed from the link list. Kthanks!












post signature

© 2012 crazymamaof6

9 comments:

Stacy said...

i would agree with a maid in your household with 7 kids, you would never be able to keep up...i can't keep up and i only have hubby and 1 child (another on the way any day now)

dtbrents said...

I will try the carpet spot remover. Heaven knows I need it. Last week I had two three year old grands and one had the stomach virus. I have two carpet cleaners but I need a good spot cleaner. I love your comment about your kids. That's great.

Ricki Treleaven said...

I enjoyed the questions this week! I am cleaning house today and tomorrow.....I have too many other things I have to do so I cannot get it all done today *sadface*...Thanks for the tip about the carpet cleaner. We are forever spilling tea on our carpet, and it is so hard to remove tea stains!

Have a great rest of the week!

xo,
Ricki Jill

VandyJ said...

Except for toilets, I really don't mind doing household chores. Except that they are a never ending circle--you get them done, turn around and have to do them all over again.

Eliza said...

I'm a laundry girl, it's my fave. Don't mind dishes so much unless they're piled high and full of gross left over food. Hate bathrooms! I would take a chef because if I didn't have to worry about cooking, I might keep the house a little cleaner. I love Folex but my mom gave me a new one called Whip-It and it's SOOOO amazing. They had a huge hair dye stain on their carpet that Folex couldn't get completely out and this stuff did. I cleaned permanent marker off my walls (that had been there for weeks) without even scrubbing. I'll have to try that Soft Scrub stuff if the maid's recommending it now.

Brianne said...

I'm pretty sure I've seen that carpet cleaner under the sink! But my hubby would know better. LOL. Happy Wednesday!

http://thepinckney5.blogspot.com/

tammy said...

I'm glad you told me where to find Folex. I love that stuff! I used to buy it at Walmart for cheap, but then mine stopped carrying it. I saw it at Bed, Bath & Beyond, but they wanted $8.00 for the small size bottle.

Laundry is my favorite chore I think. That and vacuuming, just because I love a freshly vacuumed look. Bathrooms would have to be my least fave. Wanna scrub my toilets and I'll do your laundry??

Mamarazzi said...

i need to try that carpet cleaner. we have brand new carpet throughout the house and i am paranoid. Thank heaven Coco is potty trained, but i don't want to worry about spills and junk!

great questions this week lady!!

Randomlicious Memoirs said...

I'm jealous you have a maid! I think I'd be a much friendlier person to live with if we had one too..and I only have 2 kids!

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............