Wednesday, January 11, 2012

For the Love of Pete, No, I'm not a hair stylist!



Photobucket" target="_blank">ttp://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g328/OurDWishes/WWTKbutton.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo

I am asking the questions and I was feeling a tad random when i thought about it.


Here are my questions. copy, paste, answer and link up. It's fun, I PROMISE!


What is your most commonly used word or phrase when you are frustrated?

What random question do you usually get from strangers or casual acquaintances?

Did you ever correspond by mail with anyone, who? Do you still have the letters?

Do you dance in public? why or why not?

What is your favorite kind of chapstick/lip balm?

here we go, let's do this....


What is your most commonly used word or phrase when you are frustrated?

for the LOVE of PETE!

Emphasis on "FOR THE... if it's really bad it's For the love of effing pete.

Pete get's a lot of action these days around here.

figuratively, according to this phrase.



What random question do you usually get from strangers or casual acquaintances?

"ARE YOU A HAIR STYLIST?" (the answer is NO, but apparently i have that look about me. why i don't know.


i used to get asked " are they all yours?" when i was out with the kids (my answer was YES, I don't bring spares shopping!"

and

"did they just have their picture taken?" because they always matched, had freshly styled hair and they were just that cute. and no, they'd never been getting pictures taken when i got asked this all the time.




Did you ever correspond by mail with anyone, who? Do you still have the letters?

I totally did. with a few guys. i saved the letters. kids these days are missing out, texting small abbreviated snippets of conversation. seriously there is something delightful about being able to go back and read old letters, and even better ones that they confess their love for you.

i miss letters, with stamps and exclamations of love.

Do you dance in public? why or why not?

i do. i probably shouldn't. but it's fun. i get out there and shake my groove thang. i just can't help it.

of course if there is ever picture evidence i am sent into a deep regretful depression wishing i could sit on the sidelines and not disco on the dance floor because, there is nothing less flattering than candid pictures of me disco dancing.



What is your favorite kind of chapstick/lip balm?

my ultimate all time fave is Natural Ice, Cherry ice. love it. you can only buy it online anymore. i need to order another case. i'm out.


or




the C.O. Bigelo mentha lip balm stick. (no shine formula) from Bath and Body Works.


or the minty soft lips.

crap, i'm using regular chapstick brand in spearmint right now.

I like my lips to tingle. and I always have to put some on right before I go to bed. always. I don't do chapped lips.


also, just a reminder that this should be added to the end of every WWTK post eachallll posts for We Want to Know should include:
1. The darling *new* WWTK button
2. A link to your co hosts Mamarazzi, Queso and Crazymama
Links must lead to WWTK posts that contain the WWTK button. Posts should lead to Family Friendly blogs. Blogs containing explicit language and/or sexually explicit content should contain an "adult content warning", or risk being removed from the link list. Kthanks!










post signature

© 2012 crazymamaof6

9 comments:

Unknown said...

you must have super awesome hair to get asked that alot! which makes me jealous of you already. :)

VandyJ said...

I always put Carmex on before bed. Can't really go to sleep if my lips aren't feeling the cool tingle.

Xazmin said...

You're like a lip-balm junkie. My kids all got chapstick in their stockings for Christmas - but Santa brought me mascara instead. I'm a mascara junkie.

The written word is sadly becoming a lost art.

gretchen said...

That's so interesting that everybody thinks you're a hair dresser - you must have fabulous hair. How on earth can you possibly shop with all those kids?! I have trouble shopping with my ONE. Thanks for hosting me! I'm on the email now, so you'll see me around.

Martha said...

I totally switched from spearmint Chapstick to Burt's Bees because it has a mad tingle. Give it a whirl!

Hulk Granny said...

Amen on the Natural Ice Cherry. It's the best. They do sell it in Idaho. I bought like 6 of them when I was there last summer. and I always put it on before bed too.

Mamarazzi said...

my hubz buys me a case of that natural ice every Christmas...cherry, fo' shizzle!

i have tubes all over the house!

people use to ask me the same thing about being a hairstylist when J was young. people are weird.

we got a good showing this week, HAPPY!!

Megan Harmeyer said...

I love Natural Ice cherry! Reminds me of summer camp. Oh! And I've seen them at Dollar Tree. I love getting letters - especially love letters. I don't get them near enough anymore.

Myya said...

Awwwe lucky Pete! :)

Haaaa, you don't bring spares shopping. Too funny!

Mama sent me the Natural Ice, I liked it A LOT. Still a big fan of good ole Chapstick though!

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............